The Dark Knight StorminNorman's Official StorminNorman: 10k Posts Later Thread

StorminNorman

Avenger
Reaction score
Well, I decided that with my Ten-Thousandth post, I should post a lovely diddy dedicated to my experience on the Hype.

It's hard to believe that it has been less than two years since I first saw the magic that was Batman Begins. It is hard to describe how much I enjoyed that movie; luckily, however, it seems that many of you felt similar experiences as well. Batman was always my childhood hero. While I went through fads of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Poke'mon, etc. none of them ever had the same appeal to me as Batman did. The fact that he lacked Heat Vision, Flight, Mutant Reptile Powers, Power Zords and Superpowered Pets, yet still went out and saved the day -- that always struck a chord with me. I am a bit sad to say that for a good while Batman and Robin was my favorite movie :(

As I grew up though, I started to neglect my fascination of Batman and Superheroes in general. They were no longer cool and often mocked by my friends. I stopped watching Justice League, ignored Batman Beyond and eventually lost all interest in the character. That is until, I started to see the preview for Batman Begins.

Being a kid that grew up with Batman movies involving neon lights and corny villains (I hadn't even watched Batman 89 or Batman Returns until after viewing Batman Begins) seeing the first preview for Batman Begins was a real shot in the arm. At first, though, I still ignored it -- though my interest was once again with the Bat, he was still a Superhero, a childish notion. The more I saw though, the more I liked. Eventually I decided that there was no way I could miss this film, and I have never been the same sense.

As I walked out of that theater with my best friend (a Star Wars "geek", so one I was not afraid of sharing my Batman interests with) I was in a state of shock. Batman was badass and suddenly every stigmatism I associated Superheroes with was gone. I went out that night and bought Batman 89 on DVD and the Batman Comic Chronicles. My Graphic Novel collection has sense grown, my collection of Superhero DVD's has since grown and my respect and admiration for these Modern Day Gods has grown to the point where I proudly boast my fanboyishness. Batman Begins did this.

After learning about Batman-On-Film, I got a heads up about this Internet Forum called "The Hype". Well 10,000 posts later I have become a bigger Bat-Head than I could have ever guessed, and also made a few real friendships and several meaningful connections.

From my first post and thread (about how Nolan should borrow heavily from TLH) to the late night "Slumber Parties" (thanks Ellie) with Keyser and Ronny Shade, to the Bettany v. Hulme show down and my more-than-active participation - including a $50 bet with DV8 about Hulme not being cast, it has been a hell of a time. Some great (like the Ledger casting news, and the recent Casting Sides) some of it less than perfect (the months of nothing, and my self imposed exile for a month) but none of it regretful.

So I look forward to being able to share these next exciting 16 months with you all, as we watch The Dark Knight form in front of our very eyes.

Thank you all :batty:

P.S. Bettany...yea - he still rocks.

My First Post:

My Support of Glover:
C.jpg
Liev Dammit!:
Schrieber.jpg
Bettany Man-Love:
Bet.jpg
Pope Norm of Bettanism (?)
popo2.jpg
Admitted Defeat:
Pendleton_Sinking_Ship2.jpg

Norm, old bean --

If it weren't for you I would not have had nearly so much fun here the past couple of years. I just want to know how you got so far ahead of me in post-count. ;)

God, those images bring back memories.

Pope Norm FTW. :up:

I think Keyser and I could be good friends, and Norman and I are pals already.

I should've come into this area before, because it's like a little family in here :csad::up:

I think Keyser and I could be good friends, and Norman and I are pals already.

I should've come into this area before, because it's like a little family in here :csad::up:

Keyser is like an older brother I never had, Ronny was like the Asian Cousin I had, but then found out he wasn't Asian and then left :(

Zer00 was the Mommy and CConn was the Dad.

I am that wierd dude on the block that talks every now and then but no one really pays attention to. Then when I am rich and famous everyone will be discussing me for a part and they wont have any idea the man the ignored, the man known as thedarks0ldier, turned out to be one of the most inspirational person in the world.

i'm the houseplant :ninja:

cheers on 10k Norm. you have our faith.

Good show Norm! *claps*

Also, BWAHAHAH! I remember the bettanism thing, that was hilarious...

Good show, Norm old bean. Looking forward tremendously to TDK now. And to a spot-on portrayal of Harvey Dent.

DUCARD WAS RA'S

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

damn what lies next, bruce willis was a ghost all along, pah

Haha, I remember your moment of admitting defeat. I think I followed it with "O Captain my captain...:csad:"

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

BatScot said:
Yeah... the type of family that makes the Mansons look like the Cleavers.

Shh shh, don't scare him off. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"