Street Fighter Reboot

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If they ever were to re-boot the Street Fighter movie franchise and this time do it successfully even though the 1994 film with Van Damme and Raul Julia was a success at the box office but it wasn't well received among critics and what not and the 2009 film The Legend of Chun-Li didn't fare well either I was wondering if a Street Fighter reboot can really work? And if it can then they should make it similar to the 1994 film but in some ways but not make it so similar that it is an exact carbon copy but in that case then who can play Guile? Or who can play Chun-Li? Ryu? Ken? Sagat? Bison? Zangief? Balrog? Blanka? E. Honda? Cammy? T. Hawk?

Either way Street Fighter I do hope it gets rebooted and if it does then I can't wait to see who they cast?

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie is all you need to see.

For a moment i thought we we're talking about the good film franchise. ;]

Oh and Street Fighter:Assassin's Fist is a good example of how to do it right.

But the 1994 film was okay it was not great but it was good enough that it could be considered a classic even though Van Damme he was totally miscast as Guile because first off his accent is so heavily Belgian when Guile's character is supposed to be American now if they had casted Dolph Lundgren as Guile then it would have been better because Lundgren can actually pull off an American accent or he would have been able to but also he had the right look needed for Guile

But now if they were to reboot Street Fighter, Chris Hemsworth could pull off being Guile if he were cast as Guile

But casting M. Bison now that would be pretty hard or even casting the role of Chun-Li

kristin-kreuk-street-fighter-legend-of-chun-li-01.jpg

Byung Hun Lee now he would be perfect for Ryu or even Jon Foo would be great as Ryu but Ken is always the toughest part to cast like who could play Ken Masters in a reboot of Street Fighter? Of course Ken is a martial artist but there is not that many of them around these days

Do this Scott Pilgrim style where you embrace the zaniness and you've got gold.

Street Fighter tournament in the reboot could work and it probably would

Generic casting list:

Chris Pratt for Guile.
Michal Fassbender for Ken.
Andy Serkis for Blanca.
Idris Elba for Balrog.
Benedict Cumberbatch for M. Bison.
Rachel McAdams for Cammi.

Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist was utterly superb done on a fraction of the budget of the JCVD PoS.

The title made me think there is an actual movie in the work.

Based on how the web shows for both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat go, I think SF movie reboot (if made) will have a better chance at being good than the MK film reboot.
Generic casting list:

Benedict Cumberbatch for M. Bison.
Of all the choices you made, this is one I think I can get behind.
Raul Julia in the role of Bison is irreplaceable, it's the J.K.Simmons Jonah Jameson before the Spider-Man movie was in the planning process.

Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist was utterly superb done on a fraction of the budget of the JCVD PoS.

Seriously. Just let Ansah keep doing his thing with that. Give him more resources though so he can get them done faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"