• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Submit questions to Meltzer and the first look at JLA #1

the flash sucks because, even though you knew there was an extremely good chance bart would end up being the flash, it was excuted (and drawn) so poorly and the plot was so by the numbers that it cant be called anything else but "TEH SUCK"

Darthphere said:
You mean Finch?

It looks like Benes has been hanging with Liefeld.

Damnit! I always get those two confused.

So, is it safe to assume Captain Marvel will be on the team once he makes his whereabouts known?

chuckymack said:
So, is it safe to assume Captain Marvel will be on the team once he makes his whereabouts known?
probably not... who knows... it may be CM3 by the time all is said and done...

I think I'd actually prefer CM3 over CM. They've already got a beefy, blackhaired superdude, they don't need another.

Binker said:
You can post your questions here:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76455

or via the link below and we'll take questions until Wednesday, July 12th at 12pm EST. We'll then send the best questions to Brad and his responses will appear here early next week, right before the release of Justice League of America #0.
To help kick things off, the following is a brief preview of Justice League #1. Maybe it will spur a question or two...

As always, in order for this to work, there are a few guidelines and ground rules:
- Brief questions requiring brief responses will have the best shot at being answered.- Newsarama will be sending appropriate questions to Brad. Long comments or suggestions without a question will not be included.
- Brad has made it clear his first story arc is about the formation of the new League roster. If your question is about team membership, you best make it a darn clever one... Other than that, have fun!

Who's got a question?
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Heh,... I won't send 'em in because I'm sure someone will ask but:

1. Will this be a free flowing League with maybe the three as core members?

2. Will the three hang out or name their own replacements?

3. Where is the new headquarters?

4. Will there be aux members in a support capcity, (Steel for Tech, Atom for science, etc,....)

5. Will there be a "junior Justice League". Not the Titan's but a group that could be league material if they recieved the proper polish?

6. What level of world interaction are they going to operate at?

7. Who's bankrolling them?

8. Will there be anyone offered who turns it down?

9. What will be the Upper Limit on Member ship? Core 7, Unlimited 75 plus? Or something in between?

10.What will a member believe to be worth a Cattle-call for full league strength,.. and how are they going to work out smaller groupings?

Enough for now,.................
:)

sinewave said:
I think I'd actually prefer CM3 over CM. They've already got a beefy, blackhaired superdude, they don't need another.
if you remember the last panels of IC, wasnt CM3 an adult? and CM1 was wearing all white?

sethcohen said:
if you remember the last panels of IC, wasnt CM3 an adult? and CM1 was wearing all white?

yup, that's how i remember it.

no matter who they put on the team
do you think the governments of the world would let them operate on a globe scale with the treaty of powers (might be the wrong name) thanks to black adam

Ugh this preview makes me roll my eyes. In reality it's not too bad, but in my head I'm just thinking, ugh. I mean, ooh, Batman wants Captain Marvel on the team, and Meltzer is telling us, through Superman, that Batman wants him there because Batman is a teddy bear who likes "good" people. Well, number one, I hate the implication that Supes knows soooo much about Batman just from a look that he can shed light on the inner workings of his mind for all of us.:rolleyes: Secondly, Superman, you're SUPERMAN, you're good too. Do you think to yourself that you're really comforting Batman whenever you show up? Hmm? Why am I talking to Superman like he's real?:(

Aaaand another thing, REAL BRILLIANT YOU THREE, the first 2 suggestions you make are a missing guy and a dead one. Ladies and gentlemen, the 3 finest heroes on the planet.

:rolleyes:

lol...you're taking the whole thing wayy too seriously, imo.

besides, like supes assuming that bats wants cap cause hes good, wondy thinks bats wants cap so he can control him.

if superman or wonder woman go rogue again at least captain marvel would be able to take them down, thats why batman wants him on the team

oh oh! i thought of a good question!
Brad, why does it look like your league is going to be "teh suck?"

sethcohen said:
oh oh! i thought of a good question!
Brad, why does it look like your league is going to be "teh suck?"

Brad: My league is teh roxxorz!!!111!

I asked whether Batgirl had a shot at being on the team once this League of Assassins crap is over. Newsarama's absolutely no fun, by the way.

i heard they're to marvel what fox news is to republicans....

exactly. except in this case its online instead of TV...

thats what i hear, though

I haven't really noticed. Newsarama seems to cover DC as much as Marvel, after all.

The people who post there are really Marvel slanted.

I've heard, for example, that they ban anyone who criticizes marvel, and they never ask joe quesada tough questions for his weekly column

Oh, ok. The message boards are a whole other story. It seems a hell of a lot more moderated than our happy home here at the Hype, too, which is why I said it's not fun at all.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Oh, ok. The message boards are a whole other story. It seems a hell of a lot more moderated than our happy home here at the Hype, too, which is why I said it's not fun at all.

Yeah it kinda sucks how Matt Brady himself moderates the boards....he has no life.:( :up:

Hahaha :D

I've noticed that they really do stick to fluff pieces with the Joe Q stuff, though. Months of outrage and anger across the Internet over Joe Q's choices tend to get watered down to a Newsarama question like, "So, Joe, there's been a hiccup of dissent over this issue on some mom-and-pop message boards here and there. Care to set the record straight?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"