• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Supergirl Supergirl Season 2, Episode 8 "Medusa" MAJOR SPOILERS

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
Eliza (guest star Helen Slater) comes to town to celebrate Thanksgiving with her daughters. Alex (Chyler Leigh) decides it’s time to come out to her mother; Kara (Melisa Benoist) is shocked when Eliza suggests Mon-El (Chris Wood) has feelings for her, and Winn (Jeremy Jordan) and James (Mehcad Brooks) consider telling Kara the truth about the Guardian. Meanwhile, CADMUS unleashes a virus that instantly kills any alien in the vicinity so Kara enlists an unexpected ally – Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath). The epic superhero crossover kicks off tonight when Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) and Cisco Ramon (guest star Carlos Valdes) seek Kara’s help with an alien invasion on their Earth.

Well, this episode is going to be packed.

Looks like Mon-El is safe from The Darkest Places. I think Supergirl, Flash, and perhaps Cisqo are in all four parts while most of everyone else are in 3 parts.

Invasion-DC-Comics.jpg

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Invasion!

Good to see that she isn't in her suit the whole crossover.

I hope Winn and Cisqo meet before she crosses over.

Sneak peek, appropriate for today:

Something tells me that the dimensional portal will appear throughout the episode until the end.

Last edited:
Damnit Cisco...

Also loving the interactions of Alex and James.

Last edited:
Just realized this would be more appropriate in this thread than the crossover one:

Good thing Kara wasn't at the bar.

Good thing Kara wasn't at the bar.
Yep, and I have to say I'm kinda surprised Mon-El got outta there considering his condition the promo pics they released.

Yep, and I have to say I'm kinda surprised Mon-El got outta there considering his condition the promo pics they released.

Maybe he goes back in to help not realizing what happened.

Certainly a possibility. He IS on a bit of a hero kick now, after all.

^Why is that?

EDIT: Inside the episode -

Last edited:
^Why is that?

bc I only watch Supergirl and none of those other CW shows. I have no idea who those characters are, what their relations are to each other, what their status quo, etc.. I guess its great for fans but as someone that only watches one show, I expect to be completely lost and dont like that Supergirl is dragged into this. It might have been bearable had it just been two shows, but 4? 4 hours is alot of commitment. Crossovers tend to detract from ongoing plot so Im also not looking forward to a diversion

bc I only watch Supergirl and none of those other CW shows. I have no idea who those characters are, what their relations are to each other, what their status quo, etc.. I guess its great for fans but as someone that only watches one show, I expect to be completely lost and dont like that Supergirl is dragged into this. It might have been bearable had it just been two shows, but 4? 4 hours is alot of commitment. Crossovers tend to detract from ongoing plot so Im also not looking forward to a diversion

Just watch it like you would a movie....and enjoy having 4 nights of Supergirl instead of just 1. Come on, there is all kinds of positive to be seeing with this, why dwell on the negative?

Just watch it like you would a movie....and enjoy having 4 nights of Supergirl instead of just 1. Come on, there is all kinds of positive to be seeing with this, why dwell on the negative?

but its not 4 nights of Supergirl. I cant enjoy it like a movie bc I dont jump into movies in the middle of a franchise that has years worth of storylines and history that a viewer is expected to be familiar with. If tonight isnt enough to draw me in, I might skip the rest and rely on recaps on whats happened with Kara

I see. Well I only watch 2 of the shows but I'm still looking forward to it because I love to see characters I enjoy interacting with new people/places. I mean, we get to see Supergirl travel to another Earth AND participate in a proper alien invasion event. What's not fun about that? Sure, fans of all the shows will get the most out of it, but I think there's a whole other element of enjoyment to get out of it if you're like Kara and don't know this world or these people. I get the time commitment issue, though. It's definitely not a problem for me, but I could see how it would be a lot for some.

If you enjoy the character of Supergirl, why would you not want to watch her in 4 episodes. Seems to me you are looking for something to gripe about, you dug around deep enough and found something.

Geeez, don't watch them then, but seems to me you will be missing out on a lot of fun.

But ok....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"