Shazam Superhero Cameos and Supporting Roles (Spoilers from Shazam)

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
So as everyone knows by now, Superman (from the neck down) appears at the very end of the first film. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that it would be cool if he showed up in a Shazam sequel to mentor the kid a bit and teach him how to be a better hero. Even if Shazam didn't level half a city in his first big battle with a supervillain, but I digress.

Obviously, there are issues with Henry Cavill's contract and he may be done with the role. If he's not, perhaps he could be persuaded to appear in the film in a role similar to Iron Man's in Spider-Man Homecoming; sizable but not so big that it overpowers the lead. I don't know if he (and his hardliner agent) would go for such a deal, but maybe. I'm guessing that the reason his planned appearance in the first film fell through is because it was probably just for a quick cameo at the end and they wanted more... namely, a new solo film. But perhaps they could be won over if the size of the role was more prominent. If not, then I say WB should go full steam ahead here and find a new actor that they can use in the film. And if the new Superman is a hit, then maybe they can feel comfortable with putting out a new solo Superman film down the line.

Also, we got a quick glimpse of Black Adam in Shazam, so hopefully we'll get an actual appearance by him in Shazam 2. I doubt he'll be the big bad in that one, or even have a large role, since the plan still seems to be to give him his own film before they bring the two characters together. But maybe he could appear in a prologue sequence early on in the film (something ironically similar to the Rock's first film appearance in The Mummy Returns), or show up towards the end to either challenge or help Billy.

We also have references to other DC heroes in the first film, and the credits cartoon sequence makes the most of this. Perhaps we could see him hanging with Aquaman or Wonder Woman in a scene.

What do you guys think? Should we get some superhero cameos in this film or should it be more self-contained?

I'd prefer it to be more self-contained.

I'd be happy with Black Adam appearing as a "supporting hero", only to turn on Shazam at the end once Mister Mind is defeated.

Maybe put Tawny in there too...

Yeah, that could be pretty cool. I like Black Adam better as a complex villain than as an anti-hero. But since the Rock is playing him, we’re definitely going to get “good” Black Adam. Though hopefully we’ll get a slugfest between him and Shazam before they ultimately team up.

I wanna get a Superman cameo with Clark Kent mentoring Billy much like Tony Stark mentored Peter Parker in Spider Man Homecoming; so that way it doesn't take the focus off of Billy and Kal El teaching Billy to be a better hero much like how Tony taught Peter to become a better hero.

Yeah, something like that is what I'd like to see.

Honestly, if we've got both the kid and adult counterparts of the Shazam Family plus Mister Mind (as well as Sivana, presumably?) plus, potentially, Black Adam.... I think we should probably table any extraneous cameos for this one.

I mean, lord knows I'd love to see Cavill in the suit again, but...

Well the cameo hero is
Wonder Woman
and one of Waller agents attempts to recruit Billy to join the Justice….
Society
as the newest member.

Well the cameo hero is
Wonder Woman
I will say them following up on the headless Superman gag from the original movie, with said heroes first appearance/reference in the film...
turning out to be a dream sequence
...was rather funny

a rather pathetic fantasy/dream on Billy's behalf, BTW lol

then them actually showing up at the end (with the actual person reprising the role) caught me by surprise
it was just as random as anything else in the film, so, it worked

one of Waller agents attempts to recruit Billy to join the Justice….
Society
as the newest member.
this one felt maybe a little more out of place... more of an after thought
an none of my friends I saw it with (having not seen TSS or Pacemaker) had no idea who she was even suppose to be

There was also a cameo appearance of the original Billy Batson from the Captain Marvel tv serial Michael Gray who addressed Shazam as Captain Marvel in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"