Superhero Movies Top........Bottom

I really liked BF as a kid. I'm almost afraid to rewatch it for fear of how bad it'll appear to my adult eyes.

And gwynplaine, you must watch The Spirit and then immediately post your reaction here! :grin:

Last edited:
I really liked BF as a kid. I'm almost afraid to rewatch it for fear of how bad it'll appear to my adult eyes.

And gwynplaine, you must watch The Spirit and then immediately post your reaction here! :grin:
Will do. (You don't say no to an assistant District Attorney:cwink::woot:.)

Oh, it definitely had it fair share of very bad scenes, but some were pretty good.

Harvey's monologue in the beginning of the movie, some actual character development of Bruce as an individual, and the scenes of him thinking back about his past and the exploration of that angle.
Fair enough, like I've said before, to each their own and I respect everyone's opinion.

[A];17589580 said:
The first one being Batman & Robin..? :oldrazz: :hehe:
:hehe:.

I would give Forever a 8/10 man. It sure is corny but at the time it was pretty good

Fair enough, like I've said before, to each their own and I respect everyone's opinion.

:hehe:.

No prob man.

It's too bad though, I would have liked to see Kilmer, Jones, and Carrey in a Batman movie with a serious script.

Carrey's lines were quite awesome to me.... Jones was good only in the beginning... As Riddler was stepping up his game, 2Face just seemed stupid

Carrey's lines were quite awesome to me.... Jones was good only in the beginning... As Riddler was stepping up his game, 2Face just seemed stupid

That and things like the bat-butt shot are truly unexplainable to me. Every time Two-Face is there with the Riddler is like Tommy Lee simply refuses to act decently and he limits himself to some forced laughs or odd grunts and leaves the meaty parts for Carrey alone. Awful. Other than the first dialogue Tommy Lee Jones makes one of the worse and oddest performances ever.

I also never got why Batman is so afraid of an average airhead like Chase. The scene on the rooftop is embarrassing. Batman keeps constantly running away from her, like walking away quickly a few steps and then giving her his back. Just like an old movie damsel. It's like Batman is Scarlett O'Hara and Nicole Kidman is Rett Butler trying to seduce her. Batman has faced so many dangerous super-villiains, Catwoman included, that acting like a defenseless school girl in fron of Chase Meridian is simply ridiculous. When Bruce confesses "I've never been in love before" it's clear that you need a lot of humour to take this movie seriously.

Eeven so this is the first time I bare the presence of Robin/Dick Grayson in a movie. Well, at least Dick Grayson, since when he puts the Robin suit magically he starts talking like impersonating Burt Ward ("you know, holey!!!").

But yes, the dark parts were good. Batman trying to find out what his reppreessed memories are about. Of course they cut much of that. Time was needed to show Dick karate-drying his clothes.

One reason why I keep coming back to watch Batman forever was because its the first (and only) modern Batman film that got the relationship between Bruce and Dick right. I liked the way Dick became Robin in the film and the chemistry Chris O'Donnell had with Val Kilmer.

And I agree that The most awesome thing about Two-Face was his introduction.

I still wish they hadn't gotten rid of most of the deleted scenes. It would've made the movie must better and much stronger.

No prob man.

It's too bad though, I would have liked to see Kilmer, Jones, and Carrey in a Batman movie with a serious script.
I agree. They are great actors and could probably have shined with better material. Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with Carrey reprising the Riddler role in a better, more serious Batman movie, The darker Carrey, post eternal sunshine, post #23 etc.

One reason why I keep coming back to watch Batman forever was because its the first (and only) modern Batman film that got the relationship between Bruce and Dick right. I liked the way Dick became Robin in the film and the chemistry Chris O'Donnell had with Val Kilmer.

And I agree that The most awesome thing about Two-Face was his introduction.

I still wish they hadn't gotten rid of most of the deleted scenes. It would've made the movie must better and much stronger.

Arkham opening FTW!!

What if Forever had ended something like TDK? Batman defeats the Riddler (he gets caught into Arkham), then goes somewhere else to meet Two Face?

See, I think it's all part of Hollywood's evil masterplan. They release X-Men 3.. we all hate it (well, some of us). And the producers said —really, they didn't like it? —they hated it, sir —but it wasn't that bad. So they release Wolverine and we're stunned at its craptastic awfulness. So they producers now say —see? told you X3 wasn't that bad.

Hope SM4 turns out real good..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"