SuperHeroHype RPG.......LIVE!

So yeah, here's my idea for a custom game. This is just a rough pitch of what I'd like to do. The game system would be the one we're using right now with M&M and the DC game. I'd do the character sheets for everyone who'd want to play and obviously DM.

The Fighting Fathers:
A "History" RPG

The Story

In 1776, the Second Continental Congress signed the Declaration of Independence and went to war with Great Britain. In 1777, General George Washington met with John Adams and Thomas Jefferson in Boston. With Jefferson was a man from France. Gilbert du Motier, known as the Marquis de Lafayette, was a prominent French general who was apart of an old and powerful society known as the Timekeepers. The Timekeepers were responsible for maintaining the natural order of the world. The Timekeepers declared that the long reign of the British Empire was to end. The colonies would win the war, and Lafayette would help them.

In a ceremony in Philadelphia, the three men were inducted into the Timekeepers and shown their secrets. The Timekeepers possessed powerful artifacts of a supernatural nature, and had access to magic. Using the Timekeepers' tools, the Colonies defeated England and declared their independence. Washington was declared president, Adams his vice president, and Jefferson his secretary of state. As part of the Timekeepers, all three men had been made immortal and given a serum that gave them special abilities. All three faked their deaths at appropriate times and went into hiding in Europe.

In 1824, the three men discovered that the Timekeepers had declared that America would break up into two separate nations after a long and bloody civil war. The three founding fathers could not bear to see the country they created broken apart. Defying their society, the men fled Europe and returned to America. In secret, they used whatever means they could to stop and delay civil war. In 1860, they used their influence to elect a man who would keep the union together: Abraham Lincoln. They revealed their selves to him and worked with Lincoln throughout the long and bloody civil war. The Timekeepers found out about the founding father's treachery and turned on them. Unable to stop the Union from winning the war, they had Lincoln assassinated in revenge. They didn't stop them, though, as they used their magic to bring Lincoln back from the grave days after he was killed.

Together, the four of them founded the Executive Branch, a clandestine organization that would protect and fight for America's interest any place anywhere. Their ranks are made up of former American presidents and other historical figures, each of them turned immortal in the same way the three founders were.

Now, in 2012, they wage clandestine wars against a variety of threats that include the Timekeepers, the Secret Soviet Union, and the Roman Republic of Zombies.

PRESIDENTIAL AGENTS
(PCs)

Andrew Jackson

7th President
(1829-1837)

Powers: Regenerative healing factor

Bio: The former general and hero of the War of 1812 was the first president resurrected by the Executive Branch. The Founders injected him with the superhuman serum and Jackson was bestowed with a powerful healing factor that can help him recover from almost any wound.

Abraham Lincoln
16th President
(1861-1865)

Powers:
N/A

Bio: The first agent of the Executive Branch, Lincoln opted not to take the superhuman formula. Instead, Lincoln works as an agent using nothing but his wits and god given talent... and a throwing axe. A really big throwing axe.

Theodore Roosevelt

26th President
(1901-1909)

Powers:
N/A

Bio:
Roosevelt also opted not to have any powers. Instead, the Bull Moose uses an elephant gun and a rather large club in his work for the Executive Branch.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
32nd President
(1933-1945)

Powers:
Technopath. Armor is capable of flying at supersonic speeds, and provides FDR with super strength.

Bio:
FDR's shot gave him the ability to communicate with any machine in the general area. Still paralyzed by polio, Roosevelt was given high-tech armor to use in his work with the Executive Branch.

Harry Truman
33rd President
(1945-1953)

Powers:
Atomic powers grant Truman super strength, speed, and durability in addition to flight and atomic blasts.

Bio: Harry Truman was brought back to life and given the serum. The superpower that emerged from him was the power of the atom. Atomic energy courses through Truman's body and grants him a bevy of superman powers and skills.

John F. Kennedy

35th President
(1961-1963)

Powers:
JFK has the powers of persuasion. He can talk and persuade any one to do anything..

Bio: Brought back to life after his assassination, Kennedy's shot gave him the power of mind control. He uses these powers as an infiltrator and assassin.

Richard Nixon

37th President
(1969-1974)

Powers: Shapeshifter and powerful wizard.

Bio: The disgraced former president was brought back to life by the Executive Branch for the express purpose of him redeeming himself. Nixon, objecting to being injected with the superhuman formula, instead opted to pursue magic. In the years since, Nixon has become an adept mage and competent field agent.

Ronald Reagan

40th President
(1981-1989)

Powers: Reagan can absorb a person's life force, powers, and memories with skin to skin contact.

Bio: The most recent agent brought back to life, the Gipper's powers mean he can literally suck an enemy dry with just his hands.

OTHER AGENTS
(Potential PCs)

Benjamin Franklin
Founding Father with electrical powers

Thomas Edison

Inventor with super-genius abilities

William Tecumseh Sherman
Former Union general with pyrokinetic powers

Martin Luther King Jr.
Civil rights champion and psychic

Robert E. Lee
Former Confederate general and probationary agent with no powers.

Wilbur & Orville Wright

Inventors and expert pilots

Enemies

The Timekeepers
The original secret cabal, the Timekeepers are made up the immortal elite of the world. Kings, queens, and other famous figures make up this clan of manipulators that make sure the world goes according to their plan. In their minds, they are the metronome that keeps time for the rest of the planet.

The Fourth Reich
While Adolf Hitler's dreams of an Aryan world died in 1945, that does not mean that the Nazi way of life died... or that Hitler stayed dead. Based out of Brazil, the Fourth Reich is made up of a select few of Hitler's inner circle that managed to steal Timekeeper technology during the World War Two. Their leader? Adolf Hitler's brain planted inside a cyborg body.

The Secret Soviet Union

Communism and the Soviet Union have been gone for over twenty years, but there are still those that long for its return. Former KGB members, affluent politicians and businessmen inside Russian and the former Eastern Bloc countries work constantly to bring back the good old days of the Soviet Union. Their leader is Joseph Stalin, alive and immortal as a werebear.

The Zombie Roman Republic
Thousands of years ago, when Julius Ceasar's legions overran Gaul, there was a witch that placed a curse on him and his legions. Unbeknownst to Ceasar or his men, they could not die... but only if they consumed human flesh. During a botched assassination attempt by the Roman Senate, Ceasar himself ate the entire governing body and fled the country with his army in tow. Today, they roam the Mediterranean looking for victims. With Mark Antony at his side, Ceasar commands his army to show no mercy as they feed. Their battle cry? Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your braaaaains!

Last edited:
Oh man... If only I had the time for this...

"Pour me a daiquiri. The name's Kennedy... Jack Kennedy."

[YT]ajfHoqQW7tk&feature=related[/YT]

John F. Kennedy
35th President
(1961-1963)

Powers: JFK has the powers of persuasion. He can talk and persuade any one to do anything..

Bio: Brought back to life after his assassination, Kennedy's shot gave him the power of mind control. He uses these powers as an infiltrator and assassin.
Richard Nixon
37th President
(1969-1974)

Powers: Shapeshifter and powerful wizard.

Bio: The disgraced former president was brought back to life by the Executive Branch for the express purpose of him redeeming himself. Nixon, objecting to being injected with the superhuman formula, instead opted to pursue magic. In the years since, Nixon has become an adept mage and competent field agent.

:wow:

It WAS a magic bullet!

This sounds awesome.

I've never played one of these games but I'm interested in this one. If you'll have me.

If you've got skype and are willing to learn then we'll break you in... literally...

If you've got skype and are willing to learn then we'll break you in... literally...

kYyMf.jpg

I have skype but I have no mic. Do you guys do it through messages, calls, or video calls?

I've got a spreadsheet version up on Google Docs. That's what I've been using. Most of the formulas are in place. It just needs tweaks depending on things you add. And I haven't figured out how to automate the Offense and Equipment parts yet.

I just figured for this game, I'd fill out the sheets for everyone in advance if that was cool. Figured it would be a whole heck of a lot simpler to do it that way.

At this point I'd settle for the whole gang being able to RPG something.

Let's do this!

I just figured for this game, I'd fill out the sheets for everyone in advance if that was cool. Figured it would be a whole heck of a lot simpler to do it that way.

I've got it.

Let's see...Nixon would probably be a PL20...because he's better than everyone else...

I cannot tell a lie.

Anyone else goes for Lincoln, they're getting an axe to the face.

Nixon also gets Agnew as a side-kick, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"