Superman OYL - SPOILERS

Johnny DC

Co-host of the Dynamic Duel podcast
Reaction score
So, Superman 650 is out now.

***SPOILERS***

So it was Clark in Wizard who lost his power. I wonder how that happened. Now Kara is looking after the city for him.

Lex Luthor was charged with a whole lotta crimes, but has his lawyers to get him out of it. Just in case anyone who has the comic was wondering, the panel where he's holding the crystal in his limo, there's Kryptonian writing on it. I downloaded a Kryptonian font for MS Word not too long ago, so I was able to translate it. It says DOOMSDAY. Bum bum buuuuuummmm!

What did everyone else think of Supes' current situation?

Wow, rememeber when they did the exact same thing, like, a dozen goddamn times? And how all of those were stupid and godawful?

Cause DC sure doesn't!

Cool.......I bet he loses it in a huge battle with Earth-2.......Like maybe their pwers will cancel out each other's.

Phoney Bone said:
Cool.......I bet he loses it in a huge battle with Earth-2.......Like maybe their pwers will cancel out each other's.

I reckon its more likely somehow he allow E2 superman to have his powers, who'll then take out Alex/Anti-monitor/SP (main bad guy essentially), and die in the process - taking Supes powers with him.

Surely though it'll just be a matter of time before Clark gets his powers back though - doesn't he still get his powers charged by the yellow sun?

I want to know why didnt he have Conner look over the city for him. I mean come on now he needs to give Conner a chance instead of acting like he's never even heard of Conner.

Well, it's just a continuation of Superman's long-standing neglect of Conner. Either that or Conner's just not around after Infinite Crisis, which would suck. :(

TheCorpulent1 said:
Well, it's just a continuation of Superman's long-standing neglect of Conner. Either that or Conner's just not around after Infinite Crisis, which would suck. :(
I mean come on now even Batman is not as cold to his Robins.

Johnny DC said:
So, Superman 650 is out now.

***SPOILERS***

So it was Clark in Wizard who lost his power. I wonder how that happened. Now Kara is looking after the city for him.

Lex Luthor was charged with a whole lotta crimes, but has his lawyers to get him out of it. Just in case anyone who has the comic was wondering, the panel where he's holding the crystal in his limo, there's Kryptonian writing on it. I downloaded a Kryptonian font for MS Word not too long ago, so I was able to translate it. It says DOOMSDAY. Bum bum buuuuuummmm!

What did everyone else think of Supes' current situation?

That's cool.
icon12.gif

Tony_Montana said:
I mean come on now even Batman is not as cold to his Robins.
True. And it still galls me to see Clark cheering Kara on when he's basically treated Conner like ****.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's obviously just temporary.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Um, by the way, a powerless Superman is ****ing stupid.

Now that I think about it, he might not've been powerless, just not giving up the secret that Clark is Superman by taking the punishment.

He couldn't have miraculously bled if he still had his powers. Lex would've broken his fist.

Eh, I thought he had full control of his body functions....but was just throwing the idea out there.

I don't think so. He had to shave by reflecting his heat vision off of mirrors when he had his powers. Why not just "power down" and use a razor?

TheCorpulent1 said:
True. And it still galls me to see Clark cheering Kara on when he's basically treated Conner like ****.

I think Clark does that because Kara is from Krypton {Argo City}, While Conner is a Clone of him & Lex Luthor.

Kara is a true Kryptonian like himself unlike Conner.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I don't think so. He had to shave by reflecting his heat vision off of mirrors when he had his powers. Why not just "power down" and use a razor?
Because the heat vision with mirrors thing is SO cooler.

Kal-El 8 said:
I think Clark does that because Kara is from Krypton {Argo City}, While Conner is a Clone of him & Lex Luthor.

Kara is a true Kryptonian like himself unlike Conner.
Who the **** gives a ****? He accepted Conner as part of his family, let him live with his foster parents, and allowed him to take his family name. If that is the case, thank God the Kents weren't as racist as Super-Hitler, otherwise Clark would've grown up an orphan on the streets. :o

Connor Kent is still with the Titans OYL, and it's difficult to be in Metropolis and San Fran at the same time. Not to mention, Supes has been there for Connor after Connor had that whole psychotic episode thing. He likely just doesn't think Connor is up to the task of handling Metropolis yet. Now, why we see Supergirl instead of Steel is what really piqued my interest. Steel is the defender of Metropolis during 52, so why don't we see him there One Year Later?

And I think that this storyline is better than previous ones that involved the same theme. After all, this time Superman has had to live without his powers for a year. That's much more enlightening for Superman than merely losing his powers for a day or a week like he did in the pre-Crisis stories.

LibrarianThorne said:
Connor Kent is still with the Titans OYL, and it's difficult to be in Metropolis and San Fran at the same time. Not to mention, Supes has been there for Connor after Connor had that whole psychotic episode thing. He likely just doesn't think Connor is up to the task of handling Metropolis yet.

That'd be marginally more plausible if Connor and Supergirl weren't like 1:1 on psychotic episodes.

...Oh wait, she was Darkseid's *****, too. Make that 1:2.

LibrarianThorne said:
And I think that this storyline is better than previous ones that involved the same theme. After all, this time Superman has had to live without his powers for a year. That's much more enlightening for Superman than merely losing his powers for a day or a week like he did in the pre-Crisis stories

... You know what, I'm just not even going to bother.

fifthfiend said:
That'd be marginally more plausible if Connor and Supergirl weren't like 1:1 on psychotic episodes.

...Oh wait, she was Darkseid's *****, too. Make that 1:2.

... You know what, I'm just not even going to bother.

And Superman's been posessed by Eclipso what, twice? And then there was the whole Gangbuster phase...

Point is, it's not that odd that he didn't tap Kon-El to protect Metropolis. Connor's got his stuff with the Titans, and Superman respects that. Not to mention Cassie, which he'd likely find out about from his parents if no one else. So Superman, being the intelligent kinda guy that he is, would feel much more comfortable tapping Kara Zor-El to defend Metropolis, as she has no personal attachments and could arrive within a moment's notice of recieving the signal. Something, I might add, that neither Superboy nor Steel could accomplish.

And Supes losing his powers for a year, obviously with no way to reclaim them (or he would have, doubtless), is going to give him a much different view of humanity. Recall that in the Birthright origin that Clark Kent is Super from the very beginning. He doesn't have the semi-normal life that the MoS Clark had. Perhaps this is Busiek and Johns' way of giving Birthright Superman the human perspective that was missing from the character.

Another point could simply be that Conner is not at Kara's level. It's been pretty obvious so far that Kara is stronger and faster than Conner. Conner may simply not be able to handle the level of supervillains that Superman does, but Kara, being closer to Supes in power, can handle them.

TheCorpulent1 said:

given Conner's "you're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do" attitude in the past... it's really not all Superman's fault.

Also, if you had a clone of you running around...it'd have to kind of weird you out. Plus, it's just more natural to be protective and nurturing to a female.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"