The Force Awakens SW force awakens or New hope?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So I tried to make this thread in the comic forum because I have seen people ask and compared different movies in there. So I thought that would be the right place to ask but I guess it wasn't has it got closed. So I figure I will ask it in hear in the star wars forum. What movie do you think is better star wars force awakens or star wars new hope? I have to go with force awakens and I don't think it is ever close.

Both are pretty overrated but I'd say the new one is better. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with any love for the franchise but A New Hope does nothing for me.

Without Ep. 4 all these movies would not hold weight.

Empire and TFA are only great because ANH was there to establish the pieces.

And the Prequels are relevant because it's backed by the Original Trilogy.

A New Hope, easily, and I'm sure JJ would say the same without thinking twice.

This isn't even remotely close. A New Hope is far better in nearly every way. It is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Without Ep. 4 all these movies would not hold weight.

Empire and TFA are only great because ANH was there to establish the pieces.

And the Prequels are relevant because it's backed by the Original Trilogy.

Yes ANH was revalutinary for its time and was where it all started but just because something is the first and what started something doesn't mean it is the best.

This isn't even remotely close. A New Hope is far better in nearly every way. It is one of the greatest movies of all time.

I find both episode 5 and 6 to be much much better. I think that is to much nastogla talking.

This is an unfair poll, but oh well... I like TFA better because it is an updated version of ANH :woot:

I think TFA is 'better' than ANH in the same way that a lot of modern movies are 'better' than older movies, because filmmaking has evolved so much, and so has the audience.

But when it comes down to it, I just feel like ANH is the stronger stand alone film that tells more of a complete story, albeit a very simple one.

This is an unfair poll, but oh well... I like TFA better because it is an updated version of ANH :woot:

At worst I think this movie is a better version of ANH but really after seeing it a second time I don't think it is just a new Hope 2.0. Why is this an unfair poll?

I love both, but I prefer Force Awakens at this time.

At worst I think this movie is a better version of ANH but really after seeing it a second time I don't think it is just a new Hope 2.0. Why is this an unfair poll?

I think it's an unfair poll as well. Both movies are excellent, but obviously ANH was groundbreaking and risk-taking. TFA is truly standing on the shoulders of not only ANH but the entire SW saga. It's hard to look at the films in a vacuum when you consider that.

I'll say this, both are the most 'fun' movies in the saga for sure.

If I was younger, I'm certain I would love TFA more because of how fast paced and action packed it is. But as I've gotten older I've really come to appreciate the pacing of ANH.

I think it's an unfair poll as well. Both movies are excellent, but obviously ANH was groundbreaking and risk-taking. TFA is truly standing on the shoulders of not only ANH but the entire SW saga. It's hard to look at the films in a vacuum when you consider that.

I agree.

I thought it would be a interesting poll because there has been so much talk about how the movie is a copy and past of a new hope. I think ANH was more groundbreaking but I think TFA is better movie just not groundbreaking for its time. Let me but it this way if TFA came out back when ANH came out I think TFA would be consider even more groundbreaking then ANH.

I'll say this, both are the most 'fun' movies in the saga for sure.

If I was younger, I'm certain I would love TFA more because of how fast paced and action packed it is. But as I've gotten older I've really come to appreciate the pacing of ANH.

I agree.

I do like that it is action packed and fast paced but I also like the cast and lot and even though I like action movies action is not the only thing that is important to me. I love the movie interstellar but it is not really a action movie like star wars is.

ANH has the nostalgia factor, which is always hard to compete with, but after 3 viewings, I feel like The Force Awakens is on par with it. I love the original trilogy as much as most hardcore fans, but we often forget about the fact that those films also had their problems, and sometimes even our favorite movies have plot holes or minor inconsistencies.

Depends on how I feel that day.

If I want a slower paced/story/ acting then I will watch ANH.

If I want a modern day hyper fast paced film with a fun story and some good characters Ill take TFA.

I'm still shocked Disney and JJ were so restrained with the light saber fights in TFA, I expected there to be at least 4-5 fights.

Star Wars Episode 7 The Force Awakens (2015), more better & success in domestic all time beat avatar

A New Hope, hands down. TFA was great for what it was, but there are WAY too many plot holes, the setups are clumsy, and you can't beat the fantastic uplifting feeling at the end of ANH. TFA didn't have any of that. TFA isn't even a complete story - it doesn't stand on its own.

On the other hand, it seems obvious to me that the OP created this thread just to argue with anyone who didn't say TFA was superior, so oh well.

I'll go with the Original even tho TFA was nearly, if not, just as great

While I grew up with the OT as a kid...I always thought ANH kinda dragged...a bit towards the beginning cause of it being taken place on Tatoonie. While I still appreciate that movie that started it all, I don't think The Force Awakens would have been made to live up to the hype since the prequels came out. I love the OT to heart, I love Revenge of the Sith because it was the one I was waiting for the most and pretty much puts the other two prequels to shame, hence I decided to go back to my rewrites and finish what I started...

If it weren't for The Force Awakens and having spent ten years away from Star Wars itself, I probably would not have bothered to write my spin on what episodes I and II could have been. So... Thank the force, it is great to be back for good as the Star Wars fan that I used to be. :)

So I have to say The Force Awakens. And while it pays homages to the OT and a bit to ROTS, to me, it isn't a ANH 2.0. ANH is its own movie in its own right, just like all the other star wars movies. Nuff said.

It's tough to say, because a lot of what made ANH great was how revolutionary it was at its time. Looking at them purely by a film v. film comparison, I honestly have to say TFA is better. But for historical significance, it can't hold a candle to ANH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"