• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Syn's Scratch Pad

Syncos

ROFLICIOUS
Reaction score
Alright. Since I got my tablet and wont be turning in the same pencil sketchy crap that i've been posting so far, I thought i'd start with a clean slate. Welcome to my new art thread =)

This is my entry for the September fanart contest. It's my redesign of Galactus. It was also my first ever attempt at CG coloring, and creating lighting and shadows without reference. I think it turned out pretty good.
Enjoy!

galactusci0.jpg

-Syn

I like that costume a lot.

His neck seems a little wide, and he has no chin.

Great job though. Especially with the coloring.

Syncos said:
Alright. Since I got my tablet and wont be turning in the same pencil sketchy crap that i've been posting so far, I thought i'd start with a clean slate. Welcome to my new art thread =)

This is my entry for the September fanart contest. It's my redesign of Galactus. It was also my first ever attempt at CG coloring, and creating lighting and shadows without reference. I think it turned out pretty good.
Enjoy!

galactusci0.jpg

-Syn
Pretty good!:yay: :up:

thanks a bunch guys. i've got a photo manip i've put a lot of work into almost finnished, when it's done, i'll be sure to post it up. =)

Hey guys. I know, it's been forever.

A few days after the last post of mine, I had a lot of computer problems, including formats and ram dying and stuff. so I was lucky enough to back up a bit of my newer work. as so I could finnish it later. Back now, and ready to get some work done and posted.

I just finnished up the manip i mentioned in my last post. It took a lot of my free time inbetween computer crashes and work and the like. Before anyone jumps down my throat, i don't support this casting in any way shape or form. I'm not convinced with Jess's acting chops. I just thought the pose worked well for the character. A lot of time and effort went into this, and I hope people enjoy.

Without further adu:
Character
+
Background
=
Reference

Finnished Product:
blackcatls0.jpg

<3
Syn

though i dont like the casting, its a pretty damn good manip.

Thanks. Like i said in my post. I don't support the casting either, the pose just reminded me of the character, so I made it. heh. I hope to god they never cast her, though.

I like your Black cat:up:

thanks a bunch.
I thought i'd post the first stage of the newest sketch i'm working on.

spidermankt4.gif

Enjoy!
-Syn

That's going in turn out great.

But I would shrink the head a bit and enlarge the front hand even more, now he looks a bit small.

thanks a bunch cobblepot. if I wanted to get defensive, depending on the series, spiderman having an out of proportion head is not uncommon, (see ultimate spiderman) =P

Thanks for tuning in for the three people who actually bother to check out my thread. heh. I've been working on this for awhile, I still plan to color it, but it's good as it is for now. Hope you all enjoy it.
Rock on.
daredevil.jpg

=)
-Syn

looks good Syn :up:

nice to see something new from you

looks good Syn :up:

nice to see something new from you

Thanks a bunch CC. It was a fun piece to work on, and a new technique for making the lines crisp. i enjoyed it. glad you did too. i'll try to pump out some more stuff quicker. =)

-Syn

yah, i plan to color it, i've got a bunch of projects i'd like to touch ground on first though. :)

Hey folks, I know it's been awhile.
I've been going through all my old sketches and such to see if there's anything I'd like to revisit. unfortunately there is, lots of things. So I might be pumping out some more on here more often =)

For now, here's a redux of Captain Planet, I think I took a few too many liberties on Comicboy's request. But I like how the sketch turned out. Here's one with flat colors, too. I'll likely shade it when I get some time. =) Enjoy!

captainplanetos2.gif
captainplanetcolortu9.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"