• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taika Waititi’ - “Jojo Rabbit”

I finally got to see this film and it was great. Waititi is a master at mixing humor and heavy subjects and it resulted in one of last year's best films. Charming cast that brought a lot of laughs and also some real genuine human moments that range from hope to tragedy.

I think best picture is going to come down to The Irishman or 1917. But the movie I want to win is this one. I just thought that this was movie was amazing, what are the most unique films I've ever seen, and a masterpiece in its own right. Taika Waititi is a mad genius.

God bless Taika for making this beautifully mad piece of genius. I was holding back the tears by the end and I can't say many films have done that to me.

That scene with Rosie's shoes... Jesus.

Man, that scene caught me off guard!

Me too.

I got shivers down my spine due to how abrupt and how shocking it was to my system.

I like their FYC photos. I hope this is at least a front runner for Costumes. It deserves to win something.

I like their FYC photos. I hope this is at least a front runner for Costumes. It deserves to win something.
It has 6 nominations.
Best Picture
Best Supporting Actress
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Costume Desgin
Best Production Design
Best Film Editing

According to the experts on Gold Derby it's on the Top 2 spots in 2 categories, Best Supporting Actress and Best Adapted Screenplay. I saw a few discussions between several experts and they where predicting that the very best shot is probably Adapted Screenplay and it could pull of an upset in the Supporting Actress category.

It has 6 nominations.

According to the experts on Gold Derby it's on the Top 2 spots in 2 categories, Best Supporting Actress and Best Adapted Screenplay. I saw a few discussions between several experts and they where predicting that the very best shot is probably Adapted Screenplay and it could pull of an upset in the Supporting Actress category.
Those acting categories are locked. I could maybe see Screenplay, I think it deserves that, but I feel Greta has the momentum there.

If I have to see one more idiot on Film Twitter argue that this movie is "the worst thing ever" because it DARES to portray the citizens of Nazi Germany as, checks notes, actual human beings I may finally quit that stupid app once and for all...

EQYl-GlWsAAJy4c

Taika earned this for his own efforts but Marvel Studios also played an indirect part. I highly doubt he would have gotten the funding or green light for this if Ragnarok wasn’t such a hit.

Meh, he was going to be successful regardless.

He could certainly have had success since he's very talented (which is of coursed also the reason he was offered Ragnarok), but Fox already had seen the script for Jojo and didn't do anything with it, until Taika had a commercial hit and then they came to him again saying that they wanted to do it. Ragnarok was the reason Jojo happened when it did.

If I have to see one more idiot on Film Twitter argue that this movie is "the worst thing ever" because it DARES to portray the citizens of Nazi Germany as, checks notes, actual human beings I may finally quit that stupid app once and for all...

I'm so over the feigned pearl-clutching.

I once got the chance to ask a question to a famous professor who has written multiple books and produced multiple documentaries on the Holocaust. The question I asked was "what is the biggest misconception you regularly run into about this time period?"

He answered: "That the Nazi's were anything other than regular people like you and me".

I'll never forget that, and it came to my mind while watching this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"