The Amazing Spider-Man 2 TASM2: A Max Dillon Perspective

Picard Sisko

Prepare to be Assimilated
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss Max Dillon and everything that happens to him throughout the course of this movie, from start to finish. I'll start here:

1. Max Dillon gets saved by Spider-Man during the chase sequence. Finally someone who used his name and cares for him.

2. We see him go to Oscorp shortly after being saved and he bumps into Gwen Stacy on the elevator, watching news coverage of Spider-Man. "It must be cool to have the world look at you like that. I want to be just like him: The Amazing Spider-Man." All the things that Jamie Foxx described will be evident here: Max getting taken advantage of, ideas being stolen, and so on. It was his idea to use electric eels for the new power plant, but no credit was given to him.

3. Max gets home from work and we get a glimpse at his pathetic life. He lives with his mother, who shows great disappointment for her only son. Its Max's birthday, and she doesn't even remember it. So he keeps himself isolated in his room. But an obsession starts to grow as he finds his escape from his life: his love for Spider-Man. He starts collecting images and cutouts of the web-slinger and placing them around his wall. But little does he know that he is really just one of many people that gets saved each day.

4. After getting called in to work at the Power Plant, the accident happens. Max gets electrocuted by the machinery and drops into the tank full of electric eels.

5. Max wakes up and cannot control himself. He is absorbing electricity everywhere, and destroying things all around him. Electricity being released from his body… he is confused and in severe pain. He walks outside destroying things along the way. He starts feeling weak and needs to "recharge." Max opens up a generator and starts absorbing the electricity. Cops start shooting at him and he attacks back.

6. After causing mass destruction and losing his mind, Spider-Man shows up. His "hero." But Spider-Man doesn't remember him, and begins to attack "Sparkles." Max feels betrayed by him. After being defeated, he is taken to Ravencroft (or Oscorp) where he is given his "containment" suit.

This is all I have in me, but please comment and add your own "timeline" of Max Dillon in this film. Also feel free to criticize what I wrote here, since IDK how accurate my ideas are.

Last edited:
I always thought that...I know Electro is being showcased as the main villain in this movie, but Marc has also stated he's Peter's main foe..."in terms of combat".

So isn't it possible that Electro is showcased in this movie as the main villain, but a main B-List villain? So he's not gonna feel as..superior as Green Goblin or Doc Ock. Idk just a thought.

I think he is going to be like the "secret weapon" of Oscorp. He's up front and center, but in reality, the real evil is what's going on behind closed doors.

He is the "main villain," or the main super villain that Spider-Man has to fight, but I agree that he is more of the main B-List villain.

@Picard sure. Secret weapon might be the word. Or guinea pig. It seems like (through the EnemiesUnite site and the trailer) OsCorp has already been setting up these experiments. E.g. "Max Dillon Experiment", "OS SUIT", "Ravencroft file"...

It may be that Max is the first to give it a go. Accidentally of course.

Wow this could happen :up::up::up:

:cwink: :yay:

@Picard sure. Secret weapon might be the word. Or guinea pig. It seems like (through the EnemiesUnite site and the trailer) OsCorp has already been setting up these experiments. E.g. "Max Dillon Experiment", "OS SUIT", "Ravencroft file"...

It may be that Max is the first to give it a go. Accidentally of course.

I think this is a fantastic explanation. They have the Doc Ock tentacles, Vultures wings, Venom project, etc., so there is obviously something bigger going on with Oscorp.

:cwink: :yay:

I think this is a fantastic explanation. They have the Doc Ock tentacles, Vultures wings, Venom project, etc., so there is obviously something bigger going on with Oscorp.
Thanks. There's definitely something going on. It's the very mystery that keeps me watching! Haha. They hint at it in the trailer with Richard Parker : "I've discovered what OsCorp intends to use my research for (keep in mind during this line, they specifically show the shot of the 6 chambers), but I have a responsibility to protect the world from what I know they're capable of."

Heck, whatever it is, it sounds pretty gnarly haha. Makes me think of the flashback scene in TASM where the parents are leaving. I wonder what the sense of danger was.

Someone had broken into Richard's home looking for something that he was hiding from Norman Osborn. It could have been the decay rate algorithm, but I think there is more to it than that.

Thanks. There's definitely something going on. It's the very mystery that keeps me watching! Haha. They hint at it in the trailer with Richard Parker : "I've discovered what OsCorp intends to use my research for (keep in mind during this line, they specifically show the shot of the 6 chambers), but I have a responsibility to protect the world from what I know they're capable of."

Heck, whatever it is, it sounds pretty gnarly haha. Makes me think of the flashback scene in TASM where the parents are leaving. I wonder what the sense of danger was.

I really hope Richard Parker isn't responsible for the creation of the six.

I think he will be indirectly responsible. He isn't forming the Sinister Six, but he probably helped with creating some of the technology and serums that will end up being used by the Sinister Six.

In other words, he will be just as responsible for creating the S6 and he was for creating the Lizard.

I really hope Richard Parker isn't responsible for the creation of the six.
No no not like that.
More like this:
I think he will be indirectly responsible. He isn't forming the Sinister Six, but he probably helped with creating some of the technology and serums that will end up being used by the Sinister Six.

In other words, he will be just as responsible for creating the S6 and he was for creating the Lizard.

And OsCorp obviously wrongfully using his research.

Its like Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. We all know what that led to, right?

I like this thread Picard, excellent theory on a timeline. However, I think the scene where he's talking about "a world without Spider-Man" comes before the TS battle. He'll already hate him before going there and I don't think he'll be charging up because he's out of power, I think it's to attract and draw Spidey out into the open. TS is the perfect playground for Electro and he seems smart enough to know he has the advantage being there. It's going to be the highlight of the movie as far as visual effects, IMO. Like the train battle and then the abandoned building on the river afterwards. Still a cool scene, but nothing like what lead up to it. Don't get me wrong, the power plant has potential for him to get massive. Plus he's probably developed his powers more and figured out how Spidey stopped him in TS to avoid the same problem. Which is probably why he now has that suit.

I like this thread Picard, excellent theory on a timeline.

Thank you. :)

And I do appreciate your post below which I am about the respond to. I don't expect my timeline to really be accurate, so I appreciate all the ideas that people post here.

However, I think the scene where he's talking about "a world without Spider-Man" comes before the TS battle. He'll already hate him before going there and I don't think he'll be charging up because he's out of power, I think it's to attract and draw Spidey out into the open.

Hmm. When he says, "A World Without Power," he is in the chamber where a certain doctor is trying to contain him. Do you think that footage (from the SDCC teaser) is before the TS battle? I wonder what makes him hate Spider-Man then? I just assumed his hatred would grow out of Spider-Man attacking him in TS, but I'm probably wrong.

TS is the perfect playground for Electro and he seems smart enough to know he has the advantage being there. It's going to be the highlight of the movie as far as visual effects, IMO. Like the train battle and then the abandoned building on the river afterwards. Still a cool scene, but nothing like what lead up to it. Don't get me wrong, the power plant has potential for him to get massive. Plus he's probably developed his powers more and figured out how Spidey stopped him in TS to avoid the same problem. Which is probably why he now has that suit.

:up: :up:

What do you guys we're going to see in the TS sequence that Marc claims is gonna "freak us out"?

Sure, visually it's gonna be awesome I can already tell. They show real quick flashes of it in the trailer and the colors are gorgeous. Very vibrant like no Spider-Man movie we've seen before. But is that what he's referring to? What else?

I know he also mentioned that we're gonna witness Spidey perform acts we've never seen before, right? So maybe something among those lines?

Maybe the way Electro gets defeated will freak people out? You have to take extreme measures to defeat a live human generator.

What do you guys we're going to see in the TS sequence that Marc claims is gonna "freak us out"?

Sure, visually it's gonna be awesome I can already tell. They show real quick flashes of it in the trailer and the colors are gorgeous. Very vibrant like no Spider-Man movie we've seen before. But is that what he's referring to? What else?

I know he also mentioned that we're gonna witness Spidey perform acts we've never seen before, right? So maybe something among those lines?

Electro zapping people, maybe? Him basically blowing up Times Square? I don't really know. I think we'd have to know in what way Marc meant "freak out." Because I've heard people use "freak" in a similar way as "excite," or "thrill." But then there's what it usually means which is akin to "creep," "shock," or "scare." So, like most of the info we have on this movie, I have no idea how to make an educated guess. lol

Maybe the way Electro gets defeated will freak people out? You have to take extreme measures to defeat a live human generator.
Mmm unless in this case it may be water. Going by how TSSM did it.

Electro zapping people, maybe? Him basically blowing up Times Square? I don't really know. I think we'd have to know in what way Marc meant "freak out." Because I've heard people use "freak" in a similar way as "excite," or "thrill." But then there's what it usually means which is akin to "creep," "shock," or "scare." So, like most of the info we have on this movie, I have no idea how to make an educated guess. lol
Haha I feel you. He probably meant excite or blow away. It's probably just a stunning sequence that he's really proud of executing.

Excellent theory on the plot structure Picard sisko.

Flows just right, I bet that's what will happen and I like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"