• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Dark Knight Rises TDKR Crowd Reports & Theater Reactions

Movie got an ovation at the end.

Reactions to Bane breaking Batman's back (another ovation haha), Crane's appearance, and the fire Bat symbol.

This movie is getting the opposite reaction of what I thought it would. Some Bat-nuts are hating it but the general public is eating it up. I'm very surprised, but pleasantly.

My crowd was quiet but everyone laughed when Batman said
"so this is how it feels" when Catwoman pulled the disappearing act on hi.

Also, people clapped at the end.

I went to an IMAX Theater for the Marathon with a capacity crowd. When the opening credits came on for Begins, thunderous applause. Closing Credits for Begins, thunderous applause. Many Joker scenes got laughs because everyone knew what was coming. TDK ending, thunderous applause. TDKR previews, thunderous applause. TDKR opening credits, deadest silence I have ever heard. Not a ton of reactions throughout the film besides a quite a bit of laughs at the funny parts and a standing ovation at the end with more thunderous applause.

Hashtag#ThunderousApplause

My crowd was alright, clapping at the closing credits
-oohhs and ahhs at the reveal of Ra's Al Ghul and Talia being the little child in the flashbacks
-clapping for the burning Bat symbol
-a few wincing noises during Batman fight with Bane in the sewers, it was hard to see Batman going up against a tough opponent

An interesting thing to note is that during the Man Of Steel teaser most of the audience either wasn't expecting it or didn't know what to make of it until the end when the \S/ logo appears and then the audience reacted.

An interesting thing to note is that during the Man Of Steel teaser most of the audience either wasn't expecting it or didn't know what to make of it until the end when the \S/ logo appears and then the audience reacted.
The same happen at the midnight viewing I went also. Except there was absolutely no reaction. The biggest reaction went to the trailer for The Hobbit.

I live in Australia and for the first time in my life, I've never seen such an applause at a film. It got a large amount of applause at the end credits and EVEN at the very end of the credits when The Dark Knight Rises popped up one last time.

Another reaction from the audience is when the that one inmate who's helping Bruce to stand up pops in his vertebrae and Bruce cries out in pain.

My audience also cheered when Bruce and Selina kiss near the end of the film. Regarding MoS I yelled 'Superman!!!' right when the WB logo appeared. No reaction after that teaser. Seems like people didn't know what to think :huh:

Also there was laughter when Bane tells one of his henchmen "Follow him (Gordon) " and shoots the guy.

Huge applause when Bruce escapes the pit.

There was mostly just lots of clapping in my theatre. People clapped when it started, people clapped when
Talia revealed true identity,
and for some reason, people clapped when
Bane broke Batman's back.
There was one guy who tried to start a clap when Batman and Catwoman kissed, but that went nowhere.

People went nuts when it started.

Off the top of my head, people cheered when Bruce escaped the Pit, when Batman first appeared, when the Bat first appeared, Bane "breaking" him (I winced), and Bruce at the cafe. In fact, that got the absolute biggest reaction. When it ended, people applauded for a good 3 minutes (I yelled "F**K YEAH" when the title appeared). The audience loved it.

The second time, the reactions were about the same. I actually heard someone cry when Batman "died". When Bale's name appeared during the credits, people did applaud, which was nice.

Overall, everyone I've seen it with loved it. :woot:

My crowd was quiet but everyone laughed when Batman said
"so this is how it feels" when Catwoman pulled the disappearing act on hi.
People laughed at that in my screening as well. It was hard not to. :woot:

Bane vs. Batman first encounter. I recall myself and various other people saying 'Holy *****!' more than once. Then when Batman was gassed and screamed 'Ahhh!!!' I heard someone yell kick his FN ass Batman! I loved the trilogy crowd I was with. By far the best atmosphere I've been around for a movie.

Either I was deaf, but no one really reacted to anything, a few laughs and cheers here or there, but nothing totally noticeable, and there was some clapping at the end no ovation or anything. I wish it had a better atmosphere.

Either I was deaf, but no one really reacted to anything, a few laughs and cheers here or there, but nothing totally noticeable, and there was some clapping at the end no ovation or anything. I wish it had a better atmosphere.

Same here. I think in the wake of what happened people tended to feel a little guilty about being at the movies you know. Which by the way nobody should. I felt it too though. I wanted to clap at the end. Hell I'd been waiting for the movie for years, but something about the tragedy that kinda put things into perspective. It's like, "I just saw a movie that 71 people didn't get to, and 12 people never will. Perhaps silence in their honor is more appropriate".

I'll be seeing it in IMAX tomorrow. I think it'll be ok if I clap then.

I had kind of a similar theater experience. No reaction to the jokes (except the Catwoman disappearing joke), nothing. Kind of a boring audience up until the movie ended when everyone started cheering. As I was walking out it sounded to me like everyone really enjoyed it and I heard a couple people say this movie had the best ending of the three so it definitely wasn't an issue of people not liking it. I think I just got a boring audience.

Looking back on it, my theater experience with TDKR was just.. weird.

I didn't see it in Imax, just a standard theater.

I went to a 6:30PM showing, less than a week after its release, yet there was hardly anybody there (This is the only theater in my town, you have to drive 90 minutes just to get to another theater, so its usually packed)

I sat on the bench, waiting for the line to start, only to realize, I could just walk in at any time. The woman who takes the tickets didn't even bother to look at mine, she was too busy having a conversation with another employee to even take a passing glance at me. She just quickly turned her head and said, "yeah go on in." I could've gone in without a ticket or even snuck someone else in if I wanted to.

Then I sat down to watch the movie. More people came in, but it was still a pretty small crowd compared to when I saw TDK in 2008 and it was a sold-out show.

The lights went down and the previews started, then a few previews later, went back on, then went back out again.

Then the movie started. All right. Here we go. 4 long years. The finale! Woo!
WB logo began, my heart started pounding. Then.. Black. For 5 whole minutes.

Someone from the audience had to get up and tell the projectionist the movie wasn't playing. (Isn't that the only thing projectionists do? Look at the screen and make sure the movie is playing properly?)

Suddenly, the lights go back on. Movie trivia starts playing again. Previews begin, then a fast-forward icon appears on the top right of the screen as if I was fast-forwarding a DVD. The audience laughs. WB logo appears, lights go out again.

The audience was pretty silent throughout the whole movie. One guy laughed at one point in the movie. The movie ended and nobody clapped or anything. It was quiet. I got the sense that nobody liked the movie at all.

Last edited:
EDIT: Wrong thread. Forums are acting weird for me.

Last edited:
The audience was pretty silent throughout the whole movie. One guy laughed at one point in the movie. The movie ended and nobody clapped or anything. It was quiet. I got the sense that nobody liked the movie at all.

That's a bog-standard viewing in the UK you will hear nothing for the whole film (unless comedy) the everyone ups and leaves I go to the cinema a lot and I've heard claps for 3 films (Avatar, Inception, TDKR)

So for all 4 weekends I've seen the film both Saturday and Sunday in NYC at IMAX Lincoln Square all my showings whatever the time were sold out. And there was laughter and the silence only felt when a crowd is so intent on watching the film before them. And applause at the end when the title sequence comes up. Great crowds. Great film. Seen it 11 times.

Some laughs at "So that's how it feels like" or something. That's it. (People don't clap etc. here)

There was one comic book purist keep talking Bane's size to not using venom and his friends were shutting him up and say this is better version of Bane.:woot:

Also people liked 2nd half of the movie more. I head many "Nolan did it again.Talia,ending,Robin,twist bla bla" Generally they liked the movie. Interestingly most of the things criticized in batboards here.

As usual, some people were staying until the end of credits to get a scene like in MCU movies :woot:

This film had the most reaction I've ever heard in a UK cinema screen I have to say, other than for Spiderman 3 but that was booing!!

Some of you guys seem to have had an amazing experience. I can't deny I'm a little jealous :p
In Bulgaria you will never see things like that. No many true fans, no costumes or anything. Not even that many people at the theaters. I guess half the sets were untaken. Here it's a common trend to just download the movie illegally with the worst quality and complain that the movie sucked.
However, I still managed to have a great experience. I went to see it with a couple of friends that I know are huge fans. We laughed at the funny scenes, we clapped and overall had an amazing experience. At the end we gave it a standing ovation but I'm not sure if anyone else followed. I didn't really care to be honest, because I had just seen a masterpiece.
All my friends loved it and we declared it was the best movie of the trilogy with the best possible ending. :yay:
Still, I would've loved experience what some of you have. It sounds epic.

P.S It is sad that here we didn't get the chance to see The Dark Knight Marathon at the theaters. What I mean is that there wasn't such an option available at all. However me and my friends did a marathon of our own.
Two days before TDKR, we gather at a friend's house and watched all Batman movies on Blu-ray.
During the first night of the marathon we started with Batman (1989), then Batman Returns, Batman Forever, then we even saw Batman and Robin. That was hard to watch.
The next night we continued with Batman Begins and finished with The Dark Knight. After that we went to the theaters and closed the saga with The Dark Knight Rises.

I've seen it twice. First time, it felt kinda weird after the film. People didn't say much and actually looked a little disappointed. Many yawns throughout the movie. I was pretty disappointed as well.

Second time, it was kinda the same reaction but now I actually heard some people say "I was pretty disappointed by this" or "I expected it to be a little better". This time however, I loved the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"