The Flash Teddy Sears IS Jay Garrick

All these threads about the same thing making my head spin as much as all the different earths and (possible) timelines....

Maybe it complicates things because having lost Wells as a resource, he's lost his other 'inside man' (assuming there are three Jays of course)...
This is also assuming that fake Jay is from another earth or time line .

Fake Jay could be a guy that used tech to steal the man in the iron masks looks like Eobard did with "Real earth one Dr. Wells ."

Again Earth 2 is more advance tech wise. Well the one with all the answers is the man in the iron mask.

Only he can sort this all out for us. Too bad there's no other way to confirm it all beside him.

Although 'possible', I'd hate them to use that bodyswitching thing again tbh.

Oh, and we should totally rename the thread, "Teddy Sears IS Jay Garrick and Zoom" :D

Although 'possible', I'd hate them to use that bodyswitching thing again tbh.

Well seeing that ,if the man iron mask is the true Jay, it technically not switching in the same sense as before. But I know what you mean .

but I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility . It's just an idea anyway. and I'm putting up just in case. it's more likely the former with doppelgangers. But the other way with some of them just impersonating Jay by stealing his looks via his DNA and still keeping him alive compared to what Eobard did on earth one is very possible too.

Anything's possible in a show that basically had no rules ;)
Different timelines
Different earths
Bodyswitching

Anyone can be someone else, any time :D

oh man.

If you're looking for more answers, you'll unfortunately have to wait a bit as The Flash is going on a mini hiatus until March 22. Speaking to E!, Kriesberg added ---

"
We'll be learning the truth about Jay Garrick as the season progresses. Some of what he told Barry and the team was true and some of it was misleading. At the earliest stages of planning the season there was some discussion that Zoom was Barry's Earth-2 doppelganger but we very quickly moved away and fell in love with the idea that it was Jay."

How does the line of Zoom-Jay at the end fit into all this though? "This complicates things ect."? How does the death of the Jay we've known so far complicate anything for Zoom if he's any of the identities that are being speculated about ? For me, it's only one: Zoom is Jay from further down his own timeline, which despite what we saw did not end when he was vibro- handed and pulled through the breach.

I'd assume that the complication Zoom is talking about is the fact that the portals are now closed and he can't access Earth-1 again.

I'd assume that the complication Zoom is talking about is the fact that the portals are now closed and he can't access Earth-1 again.
I bet he regrets killing reverb now.

Oh and congrats to teddy sears for get the role of head of CTU in 24

Comic Book Resources

13 hrs ·

Teddy Sears will race the ticking clock in Fox's "24" reboot.

"The Flash's" Teddy Sears Joins "24: Legacy"
The actor, who plays Jay Garrick on "The Flash," has been cast as the new head of CTU in the Fox pilot.

Teddy Sears, who plays [COLOR=#1B8EDE !important]Jay Garrick on “The Flash,” has been cast in the pilot for “24: Legacy,” the reboot of Fox’s long-running espionage ]. He joins a cast that includesCorey Hawkins, Miranda Otto and Anna Diop.\

Written by “24” veterans Manny Coto and Evan Katz, the pilot centers on Hawkins’ character, who’s pulled back into action when is past comes looking for him. He eventually turns to the Counter Terrorist Unit for help in saving his life and stopping a large-scale terrorist attack.

According to Deadline, Sears will play Keith Mullens, former second-in-command to Otto’s Rebecca Ingram who’s replaced her has head of CUT.
Fox has so far only ordered a pilot for the project, which is intended to play out over 12 episodes, like 2014’s “24: Live Another Day.”
Sears’ !important]credits also include “A Single Man,” “Torchwood: Miracle Day,” “American Horror Story: Murder House” and “Masters of Sex.”

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

Last edited:
Possibility: Teddy Sears only plays two characters, and it does not involve cloens, twins, or time travel:

Jay Garrick - Jay Garrick is really Jay Garrick and from Earth-2. He himself is not Zoom, nor is he working for Zoom. Most of what he told Team Flash is true. He is also most likely not actually dead.

Zoom - Zoom is Hunter Zolomon, AKA Jay's Earth-1 counterpart (the one that Jay and Caitlin saw in the park). That would explain why his costume looks like Barry's instead of Jay's.

The Man in the Iron Mask isn't Jay Garrick or any version of him. Instead, he is a separate character (would be awesome if it was a JSA member like Dr. Fate) who knows Jay Garrick. He doesn't know about the parallel Earths (at least until Barry/Flash is captured and brought to Zoom's lair), but he has seen Zoom's face, so he assumes that Zoom is the Jay he knows, instead of his counterpart from a parallel universe. That's what he was trying to tell Barry and Jesse, and why he reacted the way he did when Barry told him Jay was fine. "No, Jay is not fine, Jay is Zoom!"

I have no idea what Zoom meant by "This is a complication", though.

Again, very disappointed with the treatment of Jay Garrick who is the original Flash.

ok Andrew Kreisberg made another statment

Comic Book Resources

3 hrs ·

Will the season (and Zoom storyline) end in a satisfying way?

Kreisberg Says "Flash" Fans Should Have Seen Zoom's Identity Reveal Coming
"Flash" EP Andrew Kreisberg promises "everything will make sense in a very satisfying way."

SPOILER WARNING: This article contains major spoilers for "King Shark," the most recent episode of "The Flash."

Last night's "Flash" episode contained a massive reveal that viewers have been eagerly anticipating all season long. After months of tormenting Team Flash, Zoom finally unmasked himself. The big shock? He's Jay Garrick -- the very man that we saw Zoom kill in the final moments of last week's episode.

The reveal blows up many fan theories and adds another twist to both the identity of Zoom, the true nature of Team Flash's resident "Jay Garrick" and the reveal that Earth-1's Garrick is called Hunter Zolomon. Considering that one of Zoom's alternate identities in the comics is Hunter Zolomon, "Flash" showrunner Andrew Kreisberg told TV Line that that one clue should have tipped off audiences.

“What’s funny is we showed that Jay’s doppelganger was Hunter Zolomon, and we assumed the comic book fans would say, ‘A-ha’ right away. ‘Jay must be Zoom,’" said Kreisberg. "But I think that, like Barry and the team, they didn’t want to or just couldn’t believe it.”
Kreisberg also discussed the man posing as Jay Garrick that has become a valued member of Team Flash over the course of season two. “I don’t think you can assume anything that Jay has said to the team or the audience is the full truth. It is a version of the truth,” said Kreisberg.

And then there's the mystery of the man in the iron mask, the one that freaked out over hearing the name "Jay" in last week's "Escape from Earth-2" episode. What's his deal, and will he clarify or confuse matters more? “The mystery of the Man in the Iron Mask will play out over the rest of the season with some clues being layered in along the way,” said Kreisberg. “When you do find out who it is, everything will make sense in a very satisfying way.”

"The Flash" returns to the CW with new episodes on Tuesday, March 22.
COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

When Garrick lost his speed, would he have been considered a Jay walker? :o

The Man in the Iron Mask isn't Jay Garrick or any version of him. Instead, he is a separate character (would be awesome if it was a JSA member like Dr. Fate) who knows Jay Garrick. He doesn't know about the parallel Earths (at least until Barry/Flash is captured and brought to Zoom's lair), but he has seen Zoom's face, so he assumes that Zoom is the Jay he knows, instead of his counterpart from a parallel universe. That's what he was trying to tell Barry and Jesse, and why he reacted the way he did when Barry told him Jay was fine. "No, Jay is not fine, Jay is Zoom!"

The producers said the man in the mask's reveal would be an even bigger shock to the audience, and he's masked for a reason; its because he's someone we either already know, or will soon get to know, hence why they're hiding his face. My theory is that it's Eddie Thawne, who had been working with Jay / E-2 Flash, and was captured by Zoom because of it. The question is, is it E-1 Eddie that survived, or Eddie's E-2 counterpart…?

I have no idea what Zoom meant by "This is a complication", though.

I think Zoom himself might be the future version of the Jay he killed, hence the line. Question is, why wasn't he erased from existence after killing his past self….?

Maybe the complication is because now Zoom can no longer have Jay as an inside man within Team Flash.

Maybe the complication is because now Zoom can no longer have Jay as an inside man within Team Flash.

Yup! Perhaps the complication is that he's just killed 'Everyman' who took the form of Jay, but now he can't do that anymore.

Personally i don't want this to be true but you never know!

My head is well and truly hurting...............but in a really good way! (is that even possible?) lol

Truth is i have way too many questions after that big reveal.

Firstly, how the heck has Zoom been able to jump from E2 to E1 using ANY of the breaches, whereas Barry can only use the Speed Canon?? Is it because Zoom is simply a lot faster??

Secondly, the writers of the show have already mentioned that Zoom AND the E2 Jay (the one that has been helping Team Flash), are one and the same person. But how!?? We clearly see at the end of 'King Shark' that Zoom kills E2 Jay and drops him to the floor - so the are clearly 2 different people - right??

Lastly, if the man in the iron mask is E1 Eddie or E1 Henry, then why wouldn't they have recognised Barry straight away, gone crazy in the cell trying to get his attention AND rather than spelling out J-A-Y, they should've just spelled out their OWN NAME!! lol

Anyway, one things for sure, i'm absolutely loving Season 2. The Flash is by far the best thing on TV :)

Don't know how Team Barry Jay could have been E2 Everyman. Isn't it kinda implied only ex-speedsters would regain their speed using Velocity, even if for a short while?

Oh, and we should totally rename the thread, "Teddy Sears IS Jay Garrick and Zoom" :D

I think it should be re-titled, "Teddy Sears IS Hunter Zolomon/Zoom". A new thread needs to be created for another actor who's playing the real Garrick. :sly:

I don't think it should be entitled anything different for the time being, because some people may not have seen the episode yet, and if they subscribe to that thread or even visit the Flash forum or look on "new posts" they'll automatically see a spoiler given away. I only watched the episode last night. If the title had already been changed, then the ending would've been spoiled.

Don't know how Team Barry Jay could have been E2 Everyman. Isn't it kinda implied only ex-speedsters would regain their speed using Velocity, even if for a short while?

Good point!
So then its back to the 'multiples of Jay Garrick' theory.
Personally i'd love for them to introduce E3 and more, but i think it's a) too early in the show and b) possibly going to overcomplicate things for the viewers.

I do however like the theory that 'the man in the park' was actually Jay Garrick from Earth 1, therefore the man in the iron mask is Jay from E2, leaving Zoom to be the Hunter Zolomon from E2 and the Jay that had been helping Team Flash is the actual Hunter Zoloman from E1.

.....does that work!?!? :huh::huh:

Secondly, the writers of the show have already mentioned that Zoom AND the E2 Jay (the one that has been helping Team Flash), are one and the same person. But how!?? We clearly see at the end of 'King Shark' that Zoom kills E2 Jay and drops him to the floor - so the are clearly 2 different people - right??

That's why i think Zoom is the future version of E-2 Jay (Hunter Solomon). In that regards they are indeed the same person and validates Zoom's final line..."This is a complication"

the writers of the show have already mentioned that Zoom AND the E2 Jay (the one that has been helping Team Flash), are one and the same person.

Andrew Kreisberg gave two pretty much simultaneous sets of comments to two different news outlets, but said sets of comments are massively contradictory to one another.

The second set of comments, which is what you're referring to here, is also contradictory to what we have actually been shown.

I therefore don't think we can reliably say at this point that Kreisberg's comments on this issue are 100% verifiably accurate (although I personally choose to favor and accept the first set of comments, which do correspond with things that we have been shown thus far).

Personally i'd love for them to introduce E3 and more, but i think it's a) too early in the show and b) possibly going to overcomplicate things for the viewers.

Don't forget, we're getting a Flash/Supergirl crossover. So they are already moving beyond Earth-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"