Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

I thought it was really fun. I really bought the brothers vibe from all the turtles and this is probably the best version of master splinter we’ve seen.

Some of the references are a bit dated, like I’m not sure many kids today know hey Arnold but that’s ok. Incredible animation. I hope they make more and a street sharks movie

I thought it was really fun. I really bought the brothers vibe from all the turtles and this is probably the best version of master splinter we’ve seen.

Some of the references are a bit dated, like I’m not sure many kids today know hey Arnold but that’s ok. Incredible animation. I hope they make more and a street sharks movie
They damn well better know who he is if they have access to Paramount+ and their parents are raising them right. :argh:

In all seriousness as far as references go I appreciated that they had something for everyone from Gen X to Gen Z. Likewise for kids not getting the Hey Arnold or Four Non Blondes references, adults watching it might not know BTS or what "rizz" means.

Watched it tonight and while it wasnt BAD, I didnt think it was the best Turtles film yet.

After soooo many films having them join the human world and go to high school....I can get it but Im not really here for it tbh.

Watched it tonight and while it wasnt BAD, I didnt think it was the best Turtles film yet.

After soooo many films having them join the human world and go to high school....I can get it but Im not really here for it tbh.

Took the words right out of my mouth. And some of the redesigns were choices.

Finally watched this
Thought it was fun and very different from any other turtles film (TMNT 1 is still the GOAT tho)
Loved their brotherly repartee, wasn't huge on scared "learned martial arts from movies" Splinter but it was fine, thought the other mutants were fun (Natasia Demetriou is the best of the bunch imo but I love that woman, and Paul Rudd was his usual lovable self although I'm pretty sure that was Kunu from Forgetting Sarah Marshall). Didn't care for April being a chubby puking hipster chick, but it is what it is, she served a solid role in the story.

That said, I don't think this style meshes at all with a Shredder/Foot Clan story. Keep it in the realm of gnarly mutants, go with Krang for the next movie or Baxter Stockman or Napoleon Bonafrog or something. Changing Splinter's Origin and removing the Hamato/Oroku clan war element leaves Shredder without a compelling hook, and I don't wanna see some bizarre ugly character design for him either.

Do you mean the shows? Because I can't recall any time they went to high school in the '90s movies, TMNT or the Michael Bay ones.
Took the words right out of my mouth. And some of the redesigns were choices.
giphy.gif

Say it ain't so, Shaw! :csad:

The redesigns do take some getting used to but the way I see it, we've seen so many incarnations of the Turtles for almost four decades now that I didn't mind them changing up the formula a bit (see also: Batman and Spider-Man). On paper I'm not the biggest fan of basically all of their enemies essentially being good guys in this but seeing it in action I thought it surprisingly worked.

The original 1990 movie is still the best TMNT movie IMO but this one isn't too far behind and I credit that to the chemistry that the cast has with each other. I still laugh every time I see this:

Do you mean the shows? Because I can't recall any time they went to high school in the '90s movies, TMNT or the Michael Bay ones.

giphy.gif

Say it ain't so, Shaw! :csad:

The redesigns do take some getting used to but the way I see it, we've seen so many incarnations of the Turtles for almost four decades now that I didn't mind them changing up the formula a bit (see also: Batman and Spider-Man). On paper I'm not the biggest fan of basically all of their enemies essentially being good guys in this but seeing it in action I thought it surprisingly worked.

The original 1990 movie is still the best TMNT movie IMO but this one isn't too far behind and I credit that to the chemistry that the cast has with each other. I still laugh every time I see this:

anakin-skywalker-choking.gif

LOL Let me stop.

Driz I gotta give it another rewatch to have a fair assessment, but it's just something with this movie didn't click with me. The voices grew on me, I liked the spirit it was going for, but I just can't figure out why I didn't completely dig it. Again, I'll give it another rewatch sometime this week.

But I would give anything just for one live action movie with the same vein as TMNT 1990.

View attachment 68995

LOL Let me stop.

Driz I gotta give it another rewatch to have a fair assessment, but it's just something with this movie didn't click with me. The voices grew on me, I liked the spirit it was going for, but I just can't figure out why I didn't completely dig it. Again, I'll give it another rewatch sometime this week.

But I would give anything just for one live action movie with the same vein as TMNT 1990.
I wonder if we'll ever see another live action TMNT movie or even a show in the near future.

I’m pretty sure we will. It’s a franchise that still stands to make a decent amount of money, they just have to find the right formula.
The way I see it, we'll mostly see them in animated form since Nickelodeon has the keys to the franchise but the Michael Bay TMNT movies came out under their watch so they're at least open to more live action adaptations.

I enjoyed this for what it was but it definitely felt more aimed at younger audiences. I'm only 31 and still didn't get most of the Gen Z references which might sound sad but I just don't follow a lot of that stuff nowadays.

I get what they were going for but it honestly made it a bit hard at times for me to fully connect with the characters and maybe that's just me but I do wish the humor wasn't so reliant on modern, pop culture references.

Hopefully, we do get a more mature/darker live action movie in the vein of the 1990 movie one of these days but I'm not getting my hopes up since they seem to be all in on the animated stuff.

The film was definitely fun! The animation style was unique. I personally thought Donatello and Michelangelo's voice actors should have been swapped would have been more fitting.
I didn't particularly care for the changes to the origins. But, for something new and a fresh take, it was enjoyable and while its definitely not my favortie TNMT film, its not my least favorite either.

However, I thought about this recently after rewatching the original live action film from 1990 with my son. With the current popularity of sequels coming "20 to 30" years later (some have been great others have been bad). I really want a new TMNT Jim Henson Studios film. Whether it be labeled as Part 4 or a direct sequel to the 2nd movie ignoring the third. Either way, I really want a foam latex physical Turtle movie again with Jim Henson Studios. It doesnt need to take place "30 years later" just a fresh sequel taking off right where one of the other llive action films left off. So much they could have done and I think it would do great personally.

I grew up on the turtles, but will always support them and not be an old guy hating on the new stuff, but this movie sucked. I don’t think 10 year old me would’ve liked it. The jokes were lame, as were the turtles. Their voices sucked. They weren’t that different between the four of them. Splinter was the worst version. I like that they were like teens, but that doesn’t automatically make them good characters. Zero interest in a sequel.

I grew up on the turtles, but will always support them and not be an old guy hating on the new stuff, but this movie sucked. I don’t think 10 year old me would’ve liked it. The jokes were lame, as were the turtles. Their voices sucked. They weren’t that different between the four of them. Splinter was the worst version. I like that they were like teens, but that doesn’t automatically make them good characters. Zero interest in a sequel.

e6ae826b-5d75-4a19-b7c7-f9f2f7ae48f7_text.gif

You’re just intolerant to different opinions and resort to name calling.

Nah I’m just keeping it a buck. You can’t say you’re not a hater then immediately after say the movie sucked and everything was lame. That’s hater talk my guy.

200w.gif

Nah I’m just keeping it a buck. You can’t say you’re not a hater then immediately after say the movie sucked and everything was lame. That’s hater talk my guy.

200w.gif
You’re right puke jokes are too smart for a hater like me. Splinter making out with bugs are what the fans have been missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"