• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tekken x Street Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score

Tekken X Street Fighter Is Well Into Development, Says Harada.July 12, 2015 . 9:24am

“The fact of the matter is that we’re at a pretty far stage into its development,” says Tekken X Street Fighter producer Katsuhiro Harada.

source: Siliconera
ryu-chun-li.jpg

chunli1.jpg

MuF1doF.jpg

http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/ryu-face-model-tekken-x-street-fighter-640.jpg
9d097dba7181c1c23efed7a4aad9e2cd.jpg

Tek_x_sf.jpg

****, Chun-Li looks hideous. She looks like a guy doing a bad cosplay. :( Is it supposed to be Chun-Li or some other character I don't know?

****, Chun-Li looks hideous. She looks like a guy doing a bad cosplay. :( Is it supposed to be Chun-Li or some other character I don't know?
pretty sure that is chun li, but it's not a final render I don't think. chances are she'll look much better in the final game.

the artwork of Chun Li looks nice, but the 3d model looks awful. looks like an entirely different character.

hope Cammy is in this and hope this comes out for the X1, cuz that would make up for the X1's lack of SF V.

the artwork of Chun Li looks nice, but the 3d model looks awful. looks like an entirely different character.

hope Cammy is in this and hope this comes out for the X1, cuz that would make up for the X1's lack of SF V.
xbone's got killer instinct. & they're very proud of it.

KI is not the same as SF V. :o
i never said it was. it's a fighting game series that's on xbone that is considered good. they're not lacking in fighters. that was basically spencer's response to sf5's exclusivity.

ono wasn't at the t7 world tournament where he allegedly said this is cancelled, so I think that's bs.

Looks like its cancelled. He says "its on hold" but they arent even working on it anymore

Tekken X Street Fighter is no longer in active development, Bandai Namco has revealed. Speaking in an interview with GameSpot, Tekken game director Katsuhiro Harada indicated that releasing the crossover fighting game now could fracture the audiences of both franchises.

"When we develop fighting games, we try to keep the core community in mind as well as the wider audience that wants to play these games," he explained. "But currently the situation is with fighting games, you have Street Fighter V that just released--a lot of people are playing that fervently--and there's a large crowd out there waiting or Tekken 7."

He continued: "We don't want to split these communities, so a good window in which to release Tekken x Street Fighter is something that's become difficult recently. So it's on hold for the moment."

Tekken x Street Fighter was first announced during San Diego Comic-Con 2010 as a partnership between Bandai Namco and Capcom. As part of the arrangement, both companies would have access to each other's iconic cast of fighting game characters for use in two new fighting games.

Capcom's game Street Fighter x Tekken was released in 2012, but Bandai Namco had shown very little of its project in years following. Despite this, Harada previously maintained tthat he work was ongoing. In August 2013, he said it was "still in development" and explained the "several reasons" for why there hadn't been updates on its project, after Capcom's release.

"One of the reasons is, Street Fighter X Tekken was released," he said. "That still had updates until recently. One interesting thing we’ve seen with that title when it came out was that it's not quite what we expected.

Harada said Bandai Namco was still looking for "the right time" to release Tekken x Street Fighter.

He affirmed that the game was still in development again July 2013: "It might seem like we haven't started on it at all, but the character lineup has been decided upon since a very long time ago. And we've already finished the polygon models, moves, and systems."

This marks the first instance of Harada admitting the game is no longer an active project at Bandai Namco. The publisher recently released Pokken Tournament, in partnership with Nintendo and The Pokemon company. Its next major fighting game is Tekken 7, which is set for release on PlayStation 4.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/te...content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

Last edited:
well that sucks. :(

but that article also mentions that Tekken 7 will be released on PS4. wonder if Tekken 7 really will be PS4 exclusive.........

well that sucks. :(

but that article also mentions that Tekken 7 will be released on PS4. wonder if Tekken 7 really will be PS4 exclusive.........

I think so bc it seems kind of odd that its been months since it was announced for PS4 and still no XB1 announcement. Maybe E3? Either they'll say its for XB1 or Sony will say its exclusive at their show

Last edited:
I think so bc it seems kind of odd that its been months since it was announced for PS4 and still on XB1 announcement. Maybe E3? Either they'll say its for XB1 or Sony will say its exclusive at their show

yeah. it does seem odd.

It's not been explicitly confirmed as PS4 exclusive, that's just the only platform that's been mentioned in conjunction with the game.

I guess, too, at this point there really isn't a lot of reason to keep this thread open. It seems pretty obvious from that article that the game is either dead, or at the very least in a hibernation and probably won't be seen for a very long time. If news of its revival comes up, I'll reopen this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"