Terminator Anime Series In The Works With The Batman Writer Mattson Tomlin

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
'Terminator' Anime Series in the Works With 'The Batman' Co-Writer Mattson Tomlin

“The Terminator is coming back and this time he will be an anime.

Netflix and Skydance, the company that holds the rights to the long-running sci-fi franchise, have teamed up to produce an animated series based on the James Cameron-created killer robot from the future movie series.

Mattson Tomlin, who co-wrote the upcoming DC movie The Batman as well as Netflix’s own superpowered movie, Project Power, will act as showrunner and executive producer.”

Awesome. Surprised this didn’t happen sooner.

I have no expectations, but I'll keep an eye on it. They can't abuse it in the same they were abusing Terminator franchise since Arnold became it's main asset. They will have to come up with something different.

It never occurred to me tbh, but if they insist on flogging this franchise maybe this is the way to go. I love the first two movies, and T3, TG, and TDF all had some elements that I liked - but between concept and release they just seem to **** it up. Maybe a longer arc will work in their favour.

Production I.G is the animation studio, so not likely.

Not to completely side with TheVileOne on this one, but the last big series they did for Netflix was the CG Ghost in the Shell series, and...it doesn’t look the best. But, at the very least it probably won’t have choppy frame rate animation, since a lot of their series’ CG usually looks pretty good or has solid frame rate.

I predict either full cgi, or half/mostly hand drawn for the characters and important moments, and the terminator stuff being 2.5D cgi stuff.

Ahh, okay, I figured out why I didn't see it on the list. It was on a different category.

If they are doing an animated Terminator then they need to cast Jennifer Hale as Sarah Conner.

They've bastardized the film series enough. Hopefully this will be good, but low expectations here. I'll give it a chance and see what happens. The only thing I'd ever want to see at this point is the future war with John Connor and some flash back sequences or other time travel story lines that still feature John.

The eight-episode series will be part of the Terminator universe but will center around new characters. This is the first iteration of the franchise to be animated.

Here’s the synopsis for the new series: A future war has raged for decades between the few human survivors and an endless army of machines. 1997: the AI known as Skynet gained self-awareness and began its war against humanity. Caught between the future and this past is a soldier sent back in time to change the fate of humanity. She arrives in 1997 to protect a scientist named Malcolm Lee who works to launch a new AI system designed to compete with Skynet’s impending attack on humanity. As Malcolm navigates the moral complexities of his creation, he is hunted by an unrelenting assassin from the future which forever alters the fate of his three children.

In general, I feel like there’s no franchise that needs to be laid to rest more than Terminator, but I’ve got a decent amount of trust in Tomlin and a different medium at least frees it from the certain doom of trying to play a game Cameron already perfected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"