Terminator

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
Four years after Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ended its run on Fox, Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures are teaming to bring the Arnold Schwarzenegger franchise back to TV.

The producers behind the upcoming fifth installment, due in 2015, have tapped Thor and X-Men: First Class writers Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller to write and executive produce a new Terminator television series that will be in conjunction with the rebooted feature. Skydance and Annapurna have combined the forces of the creative teams behind both the film and TV series for the new project.

The TV series will follow a critical moment from the first Terminator film (1984) and, where the film's story goes one way, the upcoming series will take the same moment in a completely different direction. As the rebooted film trilogy and the new TV series progress, the two narratives will intersect with each other in surprising and dramatic ways.

The TV series will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison, Skydance's chief creative officer Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross of Skydance. Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier will also executive produce. Kalogridis and Lussier will pen the first feature in the upcoming Terminator trilogy, which will be directed by Alan Taylor and released via Paramount Pictures on July 1, 2015. Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance will produce. Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as exec producers. Schwarzenegger will reprise his famed role in the new trilogy that is described as a time-spanning story that sees him tasked to protect Sarah Connor as she grows up. The feature is currently testing actresses to play Sarah Connor.

HollywoodReporter.com

Do you have an opinion on this? Not sure why people just post news that's on the main site.

Personally, I don't like it. While I'm on board for more Terminator and part of me liked the last series, it's not made for TV. I hated the fact that the movies tried to explain that it was a last ditch effort, but now it seems like Time Travel is a common thing. Not to mention something like this needs a huge budget for me to get behind it.

The writers are solid. I wish it was future-set, though. I'm still in.

Do you have an opinion on this? Not sure why people just post news that's on the main site.

I actually posted this before the main page posted it. I don't see why it matters if I have an opinion on this and why I didn't post it. A thread about this would have been made anyway and since I didn't see one, I thought I'd post the news so people can discuss it.

Anyway... I'm interested. I liked TSCC and I'm excited about the new movie. I think a show that connects to the movie could be good, depending on how they do it.

I also liked TSCC, I hope it does something different though.

I actually didn't hate the TV show, so I'm going to give this a chance.

I'd like to see this on FX.

Agents of SHIELD hasn't fared well creatively with the MCU. Certainly a challenge.
The X-Files film was written during season four and filmed between seasons four and five and left off where season five ended. They need to tie it in stronger than what AoS has been doing.

Something set in the future would seem like the best option in terms of story telling, following in the footsteps of The Walking Dead and Falling Skies.

Color me intrigued. Here's hoping for the best. But like Shifty said they need to execute this better than how Agents of Shield has been doing it.

I agree it's a challenge, but I don't think it's as difficult to work out as AOS would lead you to believe. I see alot of people making excuses for that show not being as watchable as it should be, and alot of them just ring false to me.

The little summary in the article leads me to believe this will be 1984-based, at the very least, at the start. That could be interesting. Period piece sci-fi.

Seen only a coulple episodes of Sarah Connor Chronicles and it was alright, the potential of intersecting with the movie sounds good on paper but it all depends on the execution.

Surprised we haven't heard anything further about this.

I think the fact that terminator 5 comes out next year put a halt to it who knows though.

I would have thought with another Terminator movie coming out they'd try to capitalize on it with a television series too.

They'll probably wait on the success of the film and move acordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"