• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in ‘Fubar’ | Netflix

Could be fun. Looks more like how I would've imagined the True Lies TV series.

I keep debating whether I should watch that True Lies show because Ginger Gonzaga is amazing but it just looks so meh.

This looks like it's going to be fun! :D I liked Monica Barbaro in Top Gun: Maverick and this looks like another strong action role for her, love the exchange about Arnie still thinking she's a virgin at 28 "Let me theenk what I want to theenk!!!" in that iconic Arnie voice lol.

Watched the first episode of this today and was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't take itself too seriously so it's really quite fun. Hope the rest is just as entertaining. :)

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Gabriel Luna were the best things about this, and I honestly wish those two were the main focus of the show since their characters actually have a pretty interesting relationship.

Everything else didn't really work for me though, especially the humor. They put way too many side characters in this show and for some reason all of them had to be some sort of comedic relief.

I also found the daughter character to be really unlikable and annoying.

While not a great show I did like it well enough. The chemistry between Luke and Emma was good, but the pairing of Roo and Alden was hilarious.

It kind of felt a bit like True Lies, but with the secret identities being kept by father and daughter at first then by both towards Tally and there was also a certain guest appearance to add to the mix.:cheeky:

I almost did not recognize Fabina Udino I have not seen her in years and when I saw her name in the credits of the pilot i was like oh that's who played the ex wife.

Oh Roo is probably my fave supporting character she is awesome :funny:

Su3zb.jpg

Su3zM.jpg

Su3zS.jpg

Ok show. The direction and writing could be better.

Just finished it, I thought it was entertaining, as someone else pointed out it's what a True Lies series in 2023 should have been. Arnie clearly had fun with the role and his father/daughter chemistry with Monica Barbaro was good. Barry, Alton and Roo made fun team members who all got a chance to shine across the 8 episodes and Aparna Brielle was the standout as Tina who I'm guessing might well be Songbird.

The action was just ok, they shot smartly around Arnie's limitations and Monica picked up the slack, but the humour mostly hit, weaving in some fun nods to Arnie's iconic roles and using the character dynamics well. The story was fine standard espionage stuff as the focus was more on the characters which I think worked for the show, and they've set things up interestingly for a second season with all the family pulled into the spy world.

7.8/10

Watching episode 4, freaking hilarious! Hand puppets and screaming, oh my! :p

Roo is still one of the best characters in the show she was always cracking me up :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"