Arnold Schwarzenegger in Last Stand by Jee-woon Kim (Bittersweet Life)?!

TruerToTheCore

Sidekick
Reaction score
According to a Polish distributor who is helping finance The Good, the Bad, the Weird director Jee-woon Kim's next film Last Stand, Arnold Schwarzenegger has joined the upcoming action thriller as a Sheriff. It will be the first live action role for the former California Governor since leaving office at the beginning of this year.

While it has already been announced that the animated television series The Governator will be Arnold Schwarzenegger's first voice acting gig, Last Stand will mark the action icon's first turn back in front of a camera in over eight years. Last Stand has been described as a mix between Gone in Sixty Seconds and High Noon.

The story will follow the exploits of a drug cartel leader who blasts his way out of a courtroom, steals a car, and heads towards the Mexican border. Arnold Schwarzenegger will play a sheriff with an inexperienced staff who becomes involved with trying to stop the cartel leader from entering Mexico after the two parties inadvertently cross paths. Liam Neeson was originally set for the role, but left the project earlier in the year.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/arnold-schwarzenegger-starring-in-last-stand-for-jee-woon-kim

Couldn't find the old thread. I doubt this is really true.

Jee-woon Kim is a fantastic director. I really hope this is true.

Sounds good ... I hope this turns out to be true.

Well, at least he is trying to do a movie that sounds better than this 'Governator' idea. That idea is just hilarious, you would think he would to emerge with a project that A. put the image of him as Governor out of the audience's minds for the duration of the flick, and B. Make them forget about his most famous role., but no, he goes for a project that is designed to do exactly the opposite of that. That is just pure McBain.
This, em, sounds like his 'Copland'. But that could be good. As long as it is not exactly the same idea, it might do him some good to get in some good influence from that movie Stallone made, to get his mojo back up and running. Playing a guy who is not the all perfect action hero, unsure of himself and trying to figure out what to do as he goes along, instead of being on the ball from the off and with every situation.

I think he fits better than the Oak. At least from what I've heard about the movie so far.

Hmmm interesting. I would imagine though that Arnold is picking his first appearance back in a major acting role fairly seriously. I mean it could be one huge pay day.

Kim Ji-woon + Stallone? Count me in!

Sucks that I kinda want to see Schwarzenegger in this film.

Has anyone seen the good, the bad, the weird?

Replaced cause of the scandal, i guess.

The Stallone news is pretty cool, too.

Well getting a hold of a copy won't be a problem, just wanted to know if it was any good. :up: Just got I Saw The Devil but haven't had time to watch it yet.

YES!

Who should play the cartel leader?

I think forget it's a Schwarzenegger film and remember it's a Jee-Woon Kim film and get someone high caliber as the villain.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79746
Schwarzenegger Confirmed to Star in The Last Stand

Source: Lionsgate
July 12, 2011

Lionsgate confirmed today that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be making his return to film in The Last Stand, which the company is developing as a starring vehicle for the former California Governor. The announcement was made by the President of Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group Joe Drake, and President of Production Michael Paseornek.

Korean action-suspense master Kim Jee-Woon (A Tale of Two Sisters, The Good, The Bad, The Weird) will direct the film, which is to be based on a spec script by Andrew Knauer that was subsequently rewritten by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Lionsgate has domestic and international distribution rights, with the film having pre-sold well in several overseas territories already. Lorenzo di Bonaventura will be producing the film through di Bonaventura Pictures.

Schwarzenegger will be starring as Sheriff Owens, a man who has resigned himself to a life of fighting what little crime takes place in sleepy border town Sommerton Junction after leaving his LAPD post following a bungled operation that left him wracked with failure and defeat after his partner was crippled. After a spectacular escape from an FBI prisoner convoy, the most notorious, wanted drug kingpin in the hemisphere is hurtling toward the border at 200 mph in a specially outfitted car with a hostage and a fierce army of gang members. He is headed, it turns out, straight for Summerton Junction, where the whole of U.S. law enforcement will have their last opportunity to make a stand and intercept him before he slips across the border forever. At first reluctant to become involved, and then counted out because of the perceived ineptitude of his small town force, Owens ultimately accepts responsibility for one of the most daring face offs in cinema history.

"Arnold Schwarzenegger will bring incredible magnetism to this complex but classic role," explained Drake of the perfect fit between the material and the star. "When he came on the screen in 'The Expendables,' it always electrified the audience. In this film, the Sheriff Owens character grapples with some really tough stuff, but ultimately triumphs, and we knew he'd truly elevate this high octane ride."

Its gonna be great to see the big man back on the big screen, looking forward to it, this movie actually sounds interesting as well, bring it on!

Has anyone seen the good, the bad, the weird?

As someone living in South Korea, it was pretty much inevitable I would. Yes, it's a quirky terrific film. Maybe a bit derivative of 'G,B and U', but with enough twists it can stand on its own.

I'm glad Schwarzeneggar is back. I'm so selfish, my first concern about his divorce and life-shattering scandal was it would sidetrack all his cool new projects. Now if only his animated series and 'Cry Macho' would come back into production.

I would love to see Kim Jee Woon's take on the Batman franchise...

When has that stopped Schwarzenegger movies from being awesome?

Often. The Terminator, Conan The Barbarian, Predator and Total Recall have very good screenplays behind them.

He's not Stallone, Van Damme or Seagal, Arnold worked with real talented people for most of his career.

When he worked with mediocre craftsmen like Davis, Hyams or Mostow the results were rather... plain.

Often. The Terminator, Conan The Barbarian, Predator and Total Recall have very good screenplays behind them.

He's not Stallone, Van Damme or Seagal, Arnold worked with real talented people for most of his career.

When he worked with mediocre craftsmen like Davis, Hyams or Mostow the results were rather... plain.

commando.png

Schwarzenegger is always stellar. He's either an awesome action hero or even in the bad comedy films he's always hilarious even if it is unintentional(Batman & Robin).

It's about time he got back to da choppah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"