Arnold Is Back for Terminator 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is the only way Hollywood can stay afloat. Recycle the best franchises of yesteryears for the rest of its existence. Guess the new Jurassic Park movie may as well be a reboot. Indiana Jones. Hell, even LoTR might as well get rebooted, and they can stretch the trilogy into 9 movies. Can't say I blame them. This franchise is done. Give it a rest please.

Reboot huh? Well I can't blame them after T3 and TS. But the original Terminator is one of my absolute favorite movies ever, so I hope this is a fresh take, rather than a more remake esque one.

Okay I've been away from this thread for a little while. So now T5 is gonna be a reboot and Arnold isn't gonna be involved in any way, shape, or form? I think we need to change the title of this thread.

What I read is that Arnold will play a human in the past that helps the Connor family.

Okay I've been away from this thread for a little while. So now T5 is gonna be a reboot and Arnold isn't gonna be involved in any way, shape, or form? I think we need to change the title of this thread.
It's a reboot/New Star Trek thing and the last we knew Arnold was involved in some capacity but no word on just what aside from rumor.

Arnold will be in, didn't he said so himself ?

If they're gonna be rebooting the series with a whole new trilogy as the latest report claims, then I don't see how. Unless they have him play the person that Skynet based their T800 design on, but that would require a link to the original continuity. Maybe he just plays himself in a cameo, looking at the mushroom cloud in the distance and saying "Oh s**t" right before the wave of radioactive fire burns him and his family to a crisp.

If they're going to reboot the entire franchise, that pretty much means scrapping the entire original continuity and reimagining the original films. And since it's gonna be a trilogy, Chapter 2 won't have the exact same ending as T2: Judgement Day. Or at least it will end with a teaser trailer hinting at how Skynet still gets built even though Cyberdine is blown up and all of their research destroyed. Like maybe when the T1000 finds Dyson's files burning at his house, he salvages his computer hard drive or something and restores the deleted files. Then in the teaser trailer, the head of developement receives a computer disc in the mail with all of Dyson's salvaged research and notes, thus letting the audience know "Judgement Day is still coming."

yeah.........Arnold can make a cameo or play another character.

but if this is a reboot...........then they need a new person for the Terminator.

Oh well ...
Anyway, there is no way fans will be satisfied, Arnold or not. Not all franchises are meant to be milked dry.

It still has plenty of life in it but they can't keep milking the same nipple off the udder of it, so to speak.

yes, but that was before they announced the plans for a reboot.

this is not Terminator 5 anymore.

Exactly.

I had just thought of the perfect person to direct a Terminator reboot. Honestly, I almost can't believe I'm going to suggest him myself because his previous attempted reboot was pure and utter s**t. Are you ready for this? ROB ZOMBIE!

Think about it! Tyler Mane could play the Terminator. His wife could play Sarah Connor, although he'll probably change her from the waitress at a family restaurant to a stripper at a sleazy strip club. Danny Trejo will probably play one of the bikers that Tyler Mane demands his clothes from. That skinny guy who played the foul mouthed rapist orderly in Halloween could be the guy at the gun shop where the terminator gets his arsenal. The bald guy with the beard could be the police psychologist. Maybe get Liam Hemsworth to play Kyle Reese and there you go!

As much as I hate, hate, HATE Rob Zombie's Halloween 1 & 2, I think his style might actually work for a Terminator movie.

Nor do I think we'll see a new Sarah Connor or Kyle Reese.

I think it's a whole new take on it.

Last edited:
What if the reboot is about Skynet sending a terminator back to eliminate John Connor's original father? Before any terminators are sent back in time, John Connor is born to Sarah Connor and an unknown male. Skynet is created and Judgement Day is 1997. John Connor leads the Resistance to a victory over Skynet, Terminator 1 goes back to 1984 & Kyle Reese is chosen to protect Sarah Connor. The events of Terminator happen and Kyle Reese becomes John's father in the new timeline created by time-travel.

So in order to completely eradicate John Connor once and for all, Skynet has to send a terminator back to the original timeline where Skynet is developed independently from the actions of the Connors, the T-800s are all 1980s Arnold, & John Connor leads the Resistance to a victory and captures the time dilation equipment. In this original timeline, the events of a "reboot" Terminator movie would then create their own future scenarios and not be beholden to the original continuity at all. Arnold could easily be some older human character in the past (if they decide to go back further than the 80s).

Here's a change of pace they could go with: have a Terminator come back in time to protect someone...only the Terminator is sent back in time by Skynet instead of the Resistance because the person in question will be responsible for Skynet gaining sentience. So not only would you have some rogue Resistance fighter come back in time to kill the poor shlub, you'd have the Terminator also looking to prevent said shlub from taking his own life. Basically "Robocop vs. Terminator" minus Robocop.

Here's a change of pace they could go with: have a Terminator come back in time to protect someone...only the Terminator is sent back in time by Skynet instead of the Resistance because the person in question will be responsible for Skynet gaining sentience. So not only would you have some rogue Resistance fighter come back in time to kill the poor shlub, you'd have the Terminator also looking to prevent said shlub from taking his own life. Basically "Robocop vs. Terminator" minus Robocop.

A reversal wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Provided the Terminator can fool the scientist.

I do like the idea of a resistance fighter (or fighters) trying to derail Skynet. Like, have them go after the people funding it.

That's actually not a bad idea.

I don't really like the idea of a reboot, for some reason. Meh.

I think for most people it did while the rest are just 'entertaining fluffs'.

Terminator 2 is one of those movie that I feel I haven't seen enough times.

Terminator 2 is just..a perfect movie. And I say that with sheer honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"