He'll be Back - Terminator 6 on the Way (?)

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirms Terminator 6

Though tight-lipped, Arnold Schwarzenegger has indicated plans for a sixth installment in the “Terminator” franchise.

When asked about the possibility of a “Terminator 6″ by Australia’s Channel 9 (via Telegraph), Schwarzenegger simply teased, “I am looking forward to it, absolutely.”

My favorite reply

Meh, pass

I would rather see Schwarzenegger back as Conan
And I really like the last Terminator movie.

robert-downey-jr-eye-roll.jpg

Can someone go back in time and erase this timeline where they continued making movies after T2. Thanks.

If they use Genysis for the continuation of the story, this narrative really has nowhere to go. I don't know what the writers could possibly have in mind because it kind of topped off the entirety of Terminator mythology with an idealistic bow and baically no conflict left within what we know about the Terminator series

Didn't bother watching the last one. Not sure why i bothered coming in here... Guess i'll be going.

T-800: I'll be back

The world: Don't come back

Honestly, I think that's just Arnie's bravado talking for the sake of it. I doubt there's much/any movement on that front.

This thread is pointless. There's no confirmation of a sequel.

I've never believed that Arnold is a requirement for this franchise. Just reboot the whole thing from scratch in 10 years and start over.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles proved that Arnold isn't the be-all-end-all. It will survive without him.

We're living in an age now where every franchise known to man will continue to have installments. It's how studios are surviving now. If something bombs, they'll just reboot it. Ninja Turtles, RoboCop, Alien, Indiana Jones, Terminator, Predator, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Die Hard... This stuff will ALWAYS be around forever.

There's a Rush Hour TV series starting in 2 weeks for Christ's sake. And Lethal Weapon is in development at FX. There will be another Terminator film.

Didn't they attack the main Skynet base in the one with Christian Bale? Where else can they go with it?

I guess this is the place holder for when the rights revert to Cameron in 2019 and he lets Fox do WTF they want with them. I think there's a lot of stuff they can do with Terminators that has nothing to do with Arnold or the Connor family.

At this point, you either have to move beyond the T-800 & the Connor family or just retire the franchise. They're basically making the same movie over & over but with different faces as the same characters.

And this is coming from someone who actually like Genisys. Just let it end or start completely over with a whole new narrative.

Give us the stylised future war movie we deserve and, finish the loop and call it a day. Obvious response I know but urgh! Just do it!

It's just **** and machines

I didn't hate Genisys like a lot of people did (thought it was enjoyable, not close to T1 or T2 though), but this honestly surprises me.

To be honest the only potential future I could see for the franchise would be a straight up remake/reboot, where you follow in the foot steps of T1, make it horror, make it more focused on the frightening idea of a killer machine stalking someone, than to make it a big bombastic action film with explosions. I don't see how you could make another sequel interesting.

For me the Terminator franchise is as important if not more so than Back to the future or Ghost Busters but unfortunately we have now more ****** sequels than we do original films. As a huge Terminator fan I still believe there is the possibility of a good and final sequel which would be the future war but because we live in a world of more good than bad there is no real incentive to give back to the original fans.

Im surprised there hasn't been some decent fan film that covers the future war.

I say start where T3 ended and make a whole trilogy out of that ... But don't really mention T3.

- Skynet has become self aware and has launched nukes across the world.
- It's a global apocalypse like The Road.
- The machines are gathering and forming the Skynet army.
- The humans form the Resistance and train to be soldiers.

^ No mention of time travel, no Connors, no Reese, no Arnold.

Humans vs. T-800's (with no flesh) and that's it.

It's like The Walking Dead with T-800's instead of zombies.
Or Falling Skies with T-800's instead of aliens.

For me the Terminator franchise is as important if not more so than Back to the future or Ghost Busters but unfortunately we have now more ****** sequels than we do original films. As a huge Terminator fan I still believe there is the possibility of a good and final sequel which would be the future war but because we live in a world of more good than bad there is no real incentive to give back to the original fans.

Im surprised there hasn't been some decent fan film that covers the future war.

The Batman v Skynet fan cartoon was pretty fun.

The Batman v Skynet fan cartoon was pretty fun.

Oh dude I was totally going to mention that! I actually feel like its one of the best Terminator "sequels" to come out since T2, those opening scenes totally capture the original feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"