He'll be Back - Terminator 6 on the Way (?)

Oh! Here's an novel idea! Why don't we stop riding on James Cameron's coattails and actually create an original property.

Terminator is Cameron's legacy. He created this story, this world and these characters.

Everytime they've tried reviving this property without him, it's been a complete failure and no self respecting director would touch Terminator because they KNOW, this is Cameron's baby.

Thank god for copyright reversion.

Well yeh of course we all want original ideas and films being made..but unless any of us are involved in film we wont be creating any original properties which is why we sit around discussing what is being made by those with the power to make them.

The idea that a good Terminator film cant be made without James Cameron I dont believe.

Personally I think 90% of action films that come out these days are pretty ****** and that includes the MCU and DCU, I still watch them but at the end I generally feel empty. Its so rare that a truly great action/sci film comes out that blows me away let alone gets me excited, other than that we are just left with mediocre cookie cutter formulaic films.

Last edited:
I liked Genisys, but seriously what else can they do with Arnold & the Conner storyline?? If they're truly hell bent on continuing the Terminator series, start fresh with some other characters & storyline.

I liked Genisys, but seriously what else can they do with Arnold & the Conner storyline?? If they're truly hell bent on continuing the Terminator series, start fresh with some other characters & storyline.

The original idea for Salvation was set to go in that direction, but TPTB forced the writers otherwise.

My stance is that if you've reached the point where you feel like you need to turn your established symbol of hope into a villain to keep things interesting, going against the foundation of the franchise in the first place, then it's time to change focus.

Last edited:
lol good for her for being honest nobody wanted genysis

The best news I've heard :)

I'm also amused by the fact that the article was written to make it appear as though Clarke had made that decision when in reality the studio execs were already planning to cut her out anyway.

Her 'departure' is probably part of the 'readjusting' Dana was talking about.

IF they do continue with the trilogy who would you guys recast as Sarah Connor?

The best news I've heard :)

I'm also amused by the fact that the article was written to make it appear as though Clarke had made that decision when in reality the studio execs were already planning to cut her out anyway.

Her 'departure' is probably part of the 'readjusting' Dana was talking about.

IF they do continue with the trilogy who would you guys recast as Sarah Connor?

Brie Larson. Then again, should we trust the writers to give us a decent story?

Brie Larson best stay away.

She would be a good choice but I just cant see them making a good Terminator film. Nor do I think they should try. They tried 3 times and couldnt get it right

I take E. Clarke's revelation as more proof that no more films will be made before the rights revert back to James Cameron.

Last edited:
There will be no more Terminator movies with these guys involved. Right's to the franchise go back to Cameron in 2019. Jimmy is too busy with Avatar 2-500 to do anything about it though. He'll just sublet the franchise out again.

Not that it wasn't already obvious this was dead but Emilia Clarke confirms it:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/371951-emilia-clarke-terminator-sequels

“No,” Clarke put it succinctly when we asked if she might again play Sarah Connor in future Terminator sequels. “Can I say that? It’s okay. No. Uh-uh. But I have some very different roles coming up.”
Good! Now if only Arnold, the studios and Hollywood in general would just say "No!" and let this franchise finally rest in peace.

There will be no more Terminator movies with these guys involved. Right's to the franchise go back to Cameron in 2019. Jimmy is too busy with Avatar 2-500 to do anything about it though. He'll just sublet the franchise out again.

You really think he will?
I think he'll just hold on to it. No real reason why I think that, but idk I don't see him sublet it. I mean I guess if he wants more money but dude is already swimming in it

Reportedly he said this about Terminator :"If I had a little time machine and I could only send back something the length of a tweet, it'd be – 'Don't sell.'"

You really think he will?
I think he'll just hold on to it. No real reason why I think that, but idk I don't see him sublet it. I mean I guess if he wants more money but dude is already swimming in it

Reportedly he said this about Terminator :"If I had a little time machine and I could only send back something the length of a tweet, it'd be – 'Don't sell.'"

I think he might if another studio or Paramount again comes to him with an idea he likes. It's as though he will do anything about it in the foreseeable future with his Avatar movies being his only priority.

I've never seen that quote from him but if that's the case he should've done one more Terminator movie. Its' his baby, no studio would've said no to James Cameron directing their movie.

I'll think he'll just keep it. The franchise has gone to many studios and no one could make it work. It's down. It's a dead horse.

It's not definite but a very clear indicator there will not be another Terminator movie made by anyone but James Cameron if he chooses to do so.

They need to make Terminator a hard R-rated popcorn flick (no, no not like that Deadpool stuff) and bring it back to its root --the first Terminator, a thriller with a lot of shock values.

Unfortunately, the majority of today's directors lack the skill to craft a superb thriller.

I think he might if another studio or Paramount again comes to him with an idea he likes. It's as though he will do anything about it in the foreseeable future with his Avatar movies being his only priority.

Cameron is exclusive only to Fox, so leasing a film franchise to another studio is completely out of the question and Fox won't even bother with this unless Cameron himself is directly and heavily involved. (They even turned down a chance at distributing T3 way back when, out of loyalty to him)

Where is someone to tell studios 'The Terminator franchise is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy'

You could spin her remarks as saying she's just not doing Sarah Connor anymore, and the movies could still potentially continue without her but oh well.

You could spin it like that if they hadn't taken Terminator Genisys 2 off of the schedule.

Either way, she's really just saying she's not playing Sarah Connor anymore. She has good reason to say she's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"