Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning For The Legend of Conan

Yeah....I can see several stand alone Conan movies....but several connected one giant storyline movies doesn't sound right for him.....but Hollywood loves to jump on a bandwagon.

Yeah, but I doubt they'd be willing to do that for a Schwarzenegger-led Conan in the 2010s.

The Terminator Genisys flop decreased any chances of seeing Schwarzy reprising iconic roles as star of new sequels to his old hits. Maybe he'll reprise his role from Predator in a supporting role in Shane Black's new take, but other than that...

I don't think Universal will be willing to finance a big budget Conan sequel.

All interviews I have read state that it is their intention to make it a LOTR style epic, and not repeat the mistakes of Red Sonja and Conan the Destroyer. I agree, those pitfalls should be avoided.

I hope they stick to that formula. Why not even bring on Peter Jackson in a producer role for some needed guidance on fantasy epic filming.

It needs to be Rated-R as well. Toning things down kind of doomed Conan the Destroyer right out of the gate.

It needs to be Rated-R as well. Toning things down kind of doomed Conan the Destroyer right out of the gate.

Agree 100%. Conan should be a brutal killing machine void of compassion & emotion.
Furthermore, while Arnold was younger , they should have made a few more in Conan's fantasy universe during the 80's & 90's.

I hope they stick to that formula. Why not even bring on Peter Jackson in a producer role for some needed guidance on fantasy epic filming.

Because he ruined The Hobbit and can't be trusted.

A lot of the strength in R E Howard's stories is that they focus on different eras in Conan's life. I think it would be interesting to follow this in a trilogy, i.e.-

Conan the Cimmerian
Conan the Adventurer
Conan the King

A lot of the strength in R E Howard's stories is that they focus on different eras in Conan's life. I think it would be interesting to follow this in a trilogy, i.e.-

Conan the Cimmerian
Conan the Adventurer
Conan the King

I think some would agree with you on Peter Jackson.
As far as a trilogy Arnold is playing the older Conan in whatever movie this is now. Trilogy wont work unless you scrap Arnold's movie.
To late for that now unless they use CGI or someone younger for first two installments.

They could do a movie with Arnold playing the older king Conan....then make a couple with a young actor playing the younger Conan but have Arnold as Conan telling the story.

Conan the Cimmerian
Conan the Adventurer
Conan the King

How do you feel about bringing the original writer , John Milius, as a producer?

Jackson's heart is pure, but he cannot reign it in for the life of him.

How do you feel about bringing the original writer , John Milius, as a producer?

The last I heard....Milius was recovering from a massive stroke. He's having to relearn how to walk and talk.

I've seen that movie many times and am now only realizing it's not R.

They could do a movie with Arnold playing the older king Conan....then make a couple with a young actor playing the younger Conan but have Arnold as Conan telling the story.

I've heard that idea floating around in the Hollywood circles. Mamoa was great, just had a lousy script and director.

I totally think Arnold could carry the movie by himself.

I think the original film is very entertaining but I guess I never took it as seriously as some of you big Conan fans. I mean yeah, it's directed by John Milius but Schwarzenegger is cheesy and always has been to me. Not saying he isn't good in films but I can't buy into him leading something on the level of Lord of the Rings. I would think a new Schwarzenegger Conan would feel closer to 300 with less digital environments. I mean I enjoy Schwarzenegger's Conan films but I always saw them as more about muchesmo and blood and sex than something like LOTR which is less pulp-like. Maybe I'm totally off-base though.

Holy crap, I hadn't realized Robert Howard died so young.

Personally can't wait to hear Anvil of Crom on big screen. Just make that movie, put iconic soundtrack and give me Arnold's King Conan adventure. I'll pay ticket for that.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for a proper Red Sonja film myself. I heard that Bryan Singer is allegedly working on an "R-rated" Sonja TV series, but IDK how true that is at this point.

Holy crap, I hadn't realized Robert Howard died so young.

There's a really good movie about the last few years of his life - The Whole Wide World - starring Vincent D'Onofrio as Robert.

There's a really good movie about the last few years of his life - The Whole Wide World - starring Vincent D'Onofrio as Robert.

Underrated movie and performance.

It didn't get the acknowledgement it deserved.

I'd like to see "Queen of the Black Coast" on film.

Queen of the Black Coast is quite possibly the best piece of short fiction I've ever read.

The last I heard....Milius was recovering from a massive stroke. He's having to relearn how to walk and talk.

I read your post about Milius and thought that was a shame.
Having him would have been a great thing. So I looked around internet to see what I could find on him.
This is what Wikipedia has regarding him : In 2010 John Milius was working on a new project, a film biography of Genghis Khan, when he had a stroke. For a while Milius was unable to speak or move but he ultimately recovered.

It wouldn't be out-of-place to see Schwarzenegger return as an older King Conan. I am pretty sure that Arnie could still handle any action scenes that may be required.

It certainly makes a lot more sense than he return as an older Terminator!

That's a shame, but I'd love to see the character on TV. Game of Thrones is wrapping up, so HBO will want a new fantasy series hopefully.

That's a shame, but I'd love to see the character on TV. Game of Thrones is wrapping up, so HBO will want a new fantasy series hopefully.

There have been two Conan TV shows before.

[YT]HT3cl4GJIDs[/YT]

[YT]BKcqDj-TiGc[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"