Iron Man Terrence Howard Officially Cast As "James Rhodes"

Red

King Littlefinger
Reaction score
Terrence Howard to Star in Iron Man?

Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News
August 1, 2006

Ain't-It-Cool-News has confirmed that "Hustle & Flow" star Terrence Howard has been offered a role in director Jon Favreau's Iron Man:

So, that's the word. Terrence Howard has been offered the role of James Rhodes in the IRON MAN film. No guarantee he'll take it, but I think Howard is one of the most interesting actors working in the business today and his presence in the film will only make it better. Especially if we get to see Howard don a super suit in this film (or sequels) and kick some ass.

We'll have to see how this one turns out. Stay tuned

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=4603

I for one really like this idea, Howard is an great actor.

I like it, Terrence is a very good actor and would be a excellent choice to play Jim Rhodes.

cbm33b.jpg

Definitely see Terrence Howard there.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Dennis Haysbert, but I can definitely see Terrence Howard as JR. Not bad casting imo. :up:

i haven't seen hustle n' flow, but i understand he was great in it.

He's a fantastic actor. In both 'Hustle & Flow' and 'Crash' he showed great acting talent.

Howard being offered this role means a couple of thing. First of all the studio is confident enough in the project to offer this role to an actor who just got nominated for an Oscar. It also means that, more than likely, Rhodes will have a decent sized role as oppose to a bit cameo part.

If, and thats a decent sized if, he does exept the role it also means acouple of things. The script is good, I dont see him doing a movie with a crappy script just as his career is exploding. It also means that the movie will have that 'Academy Award Nominated' push at the box-office.

Good news all around.

Good now maybe they'll get Mark Wahlberg for Stark and I'll be happy as hell. Howard and Wahl are buds so great news. Rhodes should have a very deep role in this pic.

^ I know many disagree with my choice for Stark so be easy on me. ;)

He's a very good actor, and if he takes the part, it opens up a possible spin-off franschise as War Machine.

He's quality,I'll be very pleased if he takes the role:up:

I think Howard is a great actor but im not too sure about him in the role as rhodes. I dunno i pictured someone else, older and darker skinned. But looks aint all important im positive he'll bring the character to life very well.

This should be very cool, if he takes the role.

Since's AICN it's all BS and none of it can be taken into account. Or as some would say :o .

Advanced Dark said:
Good now maybe they'll get Mark Wahlberg for Stark and I'll be happy as hell. Howard and Wahl are buds so great news. Rhodes should have a very deep role in this pic.

^ I know many disagree with my choice for Stark so be easy on me. ;)

Mark Whalberg for Stark? Blah, that is a bad choice.

I don't see him being Rhodes but he could make it work he is a good actor.

Spider-Fan930 said:
Mark Whalberg for Stark? Blah, that is a bad choice.

Hey it's just my personal favorite. To each his own. Favreau will pick the right man. Hopefully it's not some bucktoothed geek with internet inferiority issues flexing his chicken chest on myspace begging to be an extra. LMAO

deathshead2 said:
I don't see him being Rhodes but he could make it work he is a good actor.

Howard is an acceptable choice. Way better than the 50 cent choice I've seen floating around. I honestly don't have a preference for this role but if they want Howard it must fit the script right.

If this is true, all I can say is terrific casting. While Howard doesn't really have the Rhodes' look, he more than makes up for it with great acting ability.

Hopefully this is true.... even though it is on AICN.... :o

Dr.Dude said:
If this is true, all I can say is terrific casting. While Howard doesn't really have the Rhodes' look, he more than makes up for it with great acting ability.

Hopefully this is true.... even though it is on AICN.... :o

I agree with every word you said.

Howard is a great choice to play James Rhodes. I hope he accepts the part. Howard has been in the business a while I'm glad he is finally gaining some popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"