That "one" flaw

You know your on SuperHeroHype when you go into a thread about "Flaws in movies" and TDK is listed in the first 6 posts.

lol.

Mine was the third post and I didn't mention TDK. In fact, you could call it a c-c-combo breaker.

On the note off the Master, there is a point in the film when Freddy is in jail and PSH's character goes to visit him. Normally I don't care when a take from a trailer is changed in the film but in this case the take didn't include a line that I was really excited to see in context. Variations of it came up but I really wanted to see the version from the trailers where Freddy, face pushed against the bars shouts 'SAY SOMETHING THAT'S REAL!"

A small thing, admittedly, but it irked.

I kinda liked the take they used in the film "You're making this **** up. Facts? What Facts?", but there was a ton of stuff PTA put in the trailers on purpose that weren't in the film. He claimed it was a mixture of going against the grain where everyone puts in way too much in trailers and the fact that they all felt they had some great material that they wanted to show, but couldn't fit it in the film logically.

Kevin Costner in Robin Hood.

Don't get me wrong, I love Costner. And I understand the logic for casting him in the role; he was huge at the time and had just come off a Best Picture win for another period piece, Dances with Wolves. But if you're not going to hire and English actor to play arguably the most famous hero in English folklore, you should at least hire a guy who can do a convincing accent. It's truly a shame, because this movie gets SO many other things right (I'm not talking about historical accuracy here; I just mean that it's a fun movie that looks great). The standout for me is Alan Rickman's Sheriff of Nottingham. Rickman is utilized here perhaps even better than he is in Die Hard and Quigley Down Under, and it's just a shame that they didn't match him up with an equally good Robin Hood. Hell, I even think Christian Slater, who played Will Scarlett in the film, would have made a better Robin than Costner.

I had hoped for years that we might get another good Robin Hood film that finally gets everything right... but I think Ridley Scott's depressing version killed any chance of that for a while.

Robocop 2, the music, I LOVE the movie but to this day I still hate the score they used for part 2, and what is up with the choir saying 'Robocop!' over the credits. I was so glad they brought back Basil from part 1 for part 3 even tho the movie was horrible compared to 1/2 at least it had decent music.

Star Trek IV, the music, again I love the movie but hate the music funny same guy who did RoboCop 2 did Trek IV :argh:.

I can add Winter Soldier to this list now.

How Fury escapes from his vehicle without pursuit

TDKR- I can buy the entire movie, but I cannot buy Bruce quitting for 8 years. I don't care how much Gotham cleaned up, Batman should never just quite. It makes it even more unbelievable he just puts on a leg brace and comes right back.

The obligatory "hilarious" Stan Lee cameo in every Marvel film :whatever:

The Dark Knight - Those annoying, wise-cracking cops, during the epic Batpod/armoured van chase, took away most of the tension from the scene IMO.

Kingdom of Heaven - Orlando Bloom during the film's action scenes has no presence at all, even though he turns in a strong performance, his supporting actors constantly overshadow him.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - The awkward Haggard "love scenes" are just terrible. This is my favourite Potter movie too, so these minor moments just slow down the film's momentum too much for my taste (especially since the lady had no relevance in the future movies).

Unbreakable - Near-perfect film, but the very ending, with the closing texts verifying what happens to a certain character after the credits roll, is a bit cheesy and over-the-top since it's not based off a true story.

Jackie Brown - Such a great movie, if it wasn't for the sometimes excruciatingly long runtime kicking its way in, this would be my favourite Tarantino film because of the first-rate performances he gets from every actor.

Last edited:
John Conner from Terminator 2. He's annoying. They should have moved up the timeline to 1999 so we could have a slightly older and less squeaky voiced Conner.

6rKjk2q.jpg

Really?

I always hated the "UNIX system" in Jurassic Park, until I found out it was real. I still don't like that scene much though.

Braveheart

I just don't buy into the love Wallace has with his wife. He sees her once when they are kids, she gives him a thistle, and that's it. Not enough for me to believe that he remembered and loved her all those years

and somethings you just dont say.

This. I wish they just kept his cameos like they were in the original Spider-Man trilogy/the first X-Men. But not it's like they have to stop the film and say look here's Stan Lee. Which literally happens in Iron Man 3.

It depends. In some Marvel films his cameo would be hilarious even if it was any random guy (e.g. TASM, Thor 2, Cap 2) whereas in other Marvel films the cameo adds nothing to the scene unless the viewer already knows who he is (e.g. IM3, TASM2).

I don't even remember his appearance in Iron Man 3. I liked it when he was the guy who was gamma poisoned by Hulk blood.

The music in There Will Be Blood annoys me so much. I hate it. I love that movie otherwise, but the music is just terrible.

The music in There Will Be Blood annoys me so much. I hate it. I love that movie otherwise, but the music is just terrible.

Funny that you mention this as I was just reading how Jonny Greenwod and a 50 piece orchestra are going to be doing a live scoring of a screening of the film in August.

I really like the music; when we see the mountains for the second time in the prologue and the final credits music.

Changing Freddy Krueger's origin in the Nightmare On Elm Street remake. Except for this one bit, I actually kinda liked the movie. But changing him from being a serial killer who preyed on children to just a child molester completely ruined the character. Add to that the whole "maybe he was innocent" story, and I'm sorry but I can't support that kind of a change to one of my favorite horror movie icons.

I always figured he was both in the original series and that never really detracted from my enjoyment of the series for the crazy crap it is. That they made it far more pronounced than they needed to in order to remove any ambiguity from the film once it was confirmed was just annoying. That said, the first time around I really liked the 'innocent?' idea, after seeing it again it just got boring.

I always figured he was both in the original series and that never really detracted from my enjoyment of the series for the crazy crap it is. That they made it far more pronounced than they needed to in order to remove any ambiguity from the film once it was confirmed was just annoying. That said, the first time around I really liked the 'innocent?' idea, after seeing it again it just got boring.

It was always implied. A modern FBI profiler would probably categorize Freddy as a sexual sadist, meaning he gets sexual gratification from torture and murder. So I have no problem with them including molestation in his crimes. It's swapping murder out and replacing it with molestation that bothers me.

For one thing, if he was never a child killer, where the hell did the glove come from? In the original, Freddy made the glove for the expressed purpose of killing little kids. That was the glove's one and only purpose, a murder weapon. If he was never a murderer, then why did the new Freddy have the glove? Just because the old Freddy had one, he has to too? There needs to be more to it than that. At least that's how I feel.

Batman: Joker's purple neck, visible wires...

Batman Returns: When Batman removes his mask, the makeup disappears. The scene where Batman lands after gliding. The equipment on his back suddenly disappears.

Batman Forever: Two Face. And Batman's rubber butt...:csad:

Batman & Robin: Bat-credit card, and butts!:cmad:

Batman Begins: Strange dialogue between Bruce and Rachel.

The Dark Knight: the bus scene, batvoice.

The Dark Knight Rises: plane scene, Bruce's return.

Spider-Man: Those horrible yellow eyes.

Spider-Man 2: Asian lady.

Spider-Man 3: Dancing Peter.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: It ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"