• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The 24:SEASON 6 trailer/discussion thread

I'm glad they ended it the way the did, and surprised they didn't give us another cliffhanger ending.

Now they can start fresh again and give us something new and more original (hopefully). The only other season to end on a quiet note was season 3...

Loved the finale.

I'm glad they ended it the way the did, and surprised they didn't give us another cliffhanger ending.

Now they can start fresh again and give us something new and more original (hopefully). The only other season to end on a quiet note was season 3...

And season four was a reboot. Jack had a new job in DC that brought him to LA. Tony was pardoned, Palmer was out of office, Chappelle was dead, Michelle was gone, Kim was gone, Adam was gone, Chase was gone - only Chole stayed while Ronnie Labelle, Erin Driscoll, Curtis, Edgar, Audrey, Heller, the Araz Family were new.

CTU had a new look, and Jack had a new crisis that was personal (Audrey and Heller kidnapped). So the writers can do anything for Jack. They'll probably take him out of LA. Kiefer almost gave up acting to become a cowboy, maybe Jack will be doing that and something happens to him. Kim is still a possibility, Josh and Marilynn, Wayne Palmer, Tom Lennox. No more nukes.

Here are all the interviews Kiefer has done with Charlie Rose starting in 1998 and then just after 24 started and about 2 interviews a year since then. Highly recommend, much better than any interview on Leno or Letterman.
http://www.charlierose.com/search?q...r=YY&searchFilter=sutherland&searchType=guest

next season is the last right?

24 was just renewed for another two seasons but if the ratings drop anymore during season seven, then it won't be back for an 8th.

24 lost around 5 million viewers this year, that's with CBS comedies (which are the most watched) Heroes and later Dancing with the Stars in its timeslot. So if it dips below 10 million viewers and stays that way even if the season is amazing but the former fans are watching Heroes or will wait for the DVD or don't want to watch -Fox will cancel just based on the high cost of the show that it earned when it was getting much higher ratings. I would like the writers to redeem the show and call it quits and then put out a Jack Bauer movie. But Fox will squeeze every dollar out of its successful shows. Just look at The Simpsons, King of the Hill, The X-Files, 90210, Melrose Place...

The season seven prequel?
Jack goes to District for a debriefing 35 hours after the bomb went off. You must have an Amex card to watch. Boo.
http://www.fox.com/24/amex/

A&E which has been airing 24 for the past two years starts everything all over again with the pilot episode later today. Might tune in to get the feel of the first episode and commercials.

New TV Guide interview with writer Manny Coto about Day 7

"Jack starts next season in a very different place than any other season so far. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year. CTU has become almost too comfortable you know?....We're pulling the rug out from under our characters. It's a pretty radical shift-a totally different context with a totally different villain.

There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much close to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on US soil. In a sense, it's a reboot in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government.

What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: It's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. I just can't say enough how exciting it is. It's going to be pretty damn cool".

Still it was the perfect moment to kill Jack.

1) Heller could've killed Jack. Nobody is looking for Jack, it ensures Audrey and others remain safe and puts Jack out of his misery. That could've been the biggest WTF and emotional moment in the show's history. Jack would slowly die and we would hear the waves over a silent clock.

2) Jack shoots himself and falls down we hear the waves and a splash over a silent clock.

3) Jack jumps and we hear a splash over a silent clock.

I actually thought Jack was about to put the gun into his mouth, then we hear the gun go off when the clock comes up on screen, so we wouldn't know if he actually killed himself or not. That would have been a perfect way to end the season with the silent clock.

I think Jack will end up with Marilyn next season. I remember she said, she'd be there for him once all the events of the day were over. Besides Kim, Marilyn and Josh are all the family he has left.

I thought last nigth was a great ending to what I feel was a trilogy. seasons 1,2, and 3 were a trilogy and seasons 4,5, and 6 were a trilogy to me. Looking forward to what they cook up next year.

Manny Coto said:
Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government.

Hmm, looks like I may be right on Jack taking over BXJ?

24 was just renewed for another two seasons but if the ratings drop anymore during season seven, then it won't be back for an 8th.

24 lost around 5 million viewers this year, that's with CBS comedies (which are the most watched) Heroes and later Dancing with the Stars in its timeslot. So if it dips below 10 million viewers and stays that way even if the season is amazing but the former fans are watching Heroes or will wait for the DVD or don't want to watch -Fox will cancel just based on the high cost of the show that it earned when it was getting much higher ratings. I would like the writers to redeem the show and call it quits and then put out a Jack Bauer movie. But Fox will squeeze every dollar out of its successful shows. Just look at The Simpsons, King of the Hill, The X-Files, 90210, Melrose Place...

I don't think Sutherland will do another season after 7. If I'm not wrong, he is only signed on through season 7, most actors won't stay with a single show for such a long time...especially one as trying as 24.

Edit: My mistake...he signed on for 3 more seasons in 2006, which would be 6,7, and 8.

disappointing ending to a VERY disappointing season. the scene between Jack and Heller was amazing. Jack finally getting pi$$ed about everything he lost for serving his country was a long time coming. but that foiler about the mysterious person back from the dead just made this feel like a ripoff.

plus, while that last shot was emotional, it just wasn't very exciting. like Matt said, after such a lackluster season, it just wasn't enough of an incentive for me to come back.

not to mention that there were still some stuff left completely unaddressed, like, say, Logan. just made his appearance all the more ridiculous and pointless.

anyway, I'll check the first couple of episodes of season seven mostly because of this supposed reboot, but if they don't bring in their A game and have something as bad as they just might lose this fan.

I thought it was a good season and a pretty good ending, true the season dipped a little in the middle but i still think it was good. For once everything has been tied up with no loose ends

I actually thought Jack was about to put the gun into his mouth, then we hear the gun go off when the clock comes up on screen, so we wouldn't know if he actually killed himself or not. That would have been a perfect way to end the season with the silent clock.

I was expecting almost exactly that, only I thought he was going to put the gun to his head, silent clock, no gun shot.

Um. What the hell happened to Logan?:dry:

Why do I have a feeling he is going to be the Baddie in season seven? Lame:down:

I feel as though the Villan will be something of a Corporate baddie. Like others have said, Jack probably inherits part of his father defense company. Maybe while he's there, he finds out about some shadey dealings and whatnot. Kinda like how in this season the compay was supplying Nukes to terrorists. That way he can enlist some 'outside' help from CTU personnal - like Chloe on maternity ;) leave, Bill and Karen. They said there might not be any direct CTU involvement next season, so if they include Bill, Karen and Chloe, they could still give us the CTU/24 feel but leave CTU itself out of the plot as those ppl won't be working for CTU during season 7...just an idea.

Wouldn't it be cool if Jack was working for Amnesty International as a way of helping himself deal with his own angish? They said he'd have a different job next season, that's non-government....

Jack running his dad's company would be a welcome change, but it'd feel very Angel season 5.

It would give them a great reason to move the show, since they said they were going to get out of LA. Jack could be in Chicago or NY for some business reason when he needs to alert that cities CTU.

I thought it was a good season and a pretty good ending, true the season dipped a little in the middle but i still think it was good. For once everything has been tied up with no loose ends

I agree. I just assume Logan died.

So the only real questions left are what happens to Audry and Wayne (we can just assume the best).

Although, now that I think about it, did they ever say what price Wayne paid to the Chinese to get Jack back in the first episode. If not, that may come back to haunt them, especially since CTU has one of them in custody.

The way they ended the season was the safe way. It was the only way the show could of saved itself from being a complete disaster. They didn't go over the top and assured fans that it could be jump-started.

Although, now that I think about it, did they ever say what price Wayne paid to the Chinese to get Jack back in the first episode. If not, that may come back to haunt them, especially since CTU has one of them in custody.

Like I said earlier in the season, I'd guess it was nothing more than information and economic benefits.

Who else thinks phillip bauer might have gotten away? hell he was only clipped in the sholder wasnt he? and he had a speedboat thing at arms reach, could have easily gotten away

Who else thinks phillip bauer might have gotten away? hell he was only clipped in the sholder wasnt he? and he had a speedboat thing at arms reach, could have easily gotten away

If that was the case then the chinese sub would have picked him up, remember there was a tracking device on board.

Season 7 prequel
24 Day 6: Debriefing

24: Day Zero
Animated Jack Bauer

Sucks they didn't get Sarah Clarke to do the voice of Nina. I believe George Mason got his early retirement fund from Lazlo. Seems to take place before Nina and Jack hooked up.

Previously on The Simpsons Intro of the episode that aired on Sunday.

I just watched the Debriefing. I have to admit it was better than half the crap we've seen all season. Jack's paranoia and scars from China show. It was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"