The 26th James Bond Film

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Please be aware there is a chance of spoilers in this thread if you haven’t seen James Bond : No Time To Die.

ok, I loved the last one and clearly they plan to make more because of the title card at the end. So what would you like to see happen and would you continue on from the Craig era or change everything?

I’m tempted to reboot the lot so we get a new
Felix
as well as bond but I will miss the cast and it would be cool to see lyshana Lynch train the new Bond

James Bond is a person, not a title. They would have to do a total reboot if they want to continue telling a James Bond story. They could keep the same cast if they want to continue 007 adventures with Lynch as 007, but they can’t have her train a “new” James Bond given the ending of NTTD. That wouldn’t make any sense.

It'll be a reboot with probably some of the Craig era cast like Ralph Fiennes, Naomi Harris and Ben Wishaw

There will be a new super villain bent on controlling the world or part it

There will be spectacular action pieces

Didn't Wishaw say he was done? I guess you never say no to a good paycheck and I wouldn't mind if they stayed, but I'd like to see recastings with all the characters to really give it a clean slate.

Reboot everything. At this point there isn't anyone whose continued presence is direly necessary, actor wise. Doubly so given the years that will probably pass before the next movie.

They need a reboot with a Bond in his early 30s with a new M ,Moneypenny, and Q.

I know that there is still attachment to the old supporting cast of the Craig era, but that time is over, and really was meant to be part of it's own thing.

It's time to move on with this Bond's own Felix , M, Q, and Moneypenny without Lynch or De Armas, as much as we may like those characters.

It's gonna take alot fans awhile to wrap their heads around a new continuity after 15 odd years, but a new continuity means a younger Bond and different versions of his supporting cast.

Last edited:
Reboo7t.

I haven't seen all of 007 films and I can't remember a lot from the last two eras. So I prefer a clean slate.

We can rule out the last two. They aren't going to kill the franchise and James Bond is a person, not a code name. Even the latest film made it crystal clear that 007 is "just a number" but James Bond is a man.

I would keep the current supporting cast if they are willing, but if not you can replace them. The continuity has always been loose and actors have played multiple roles before several times (ex. Judi Dench, Walter Gotell, Joe Don Baker, Charles Gray, Maud Adams, etc.). If Feinnes wanted to come back in a reboot, then fine. Of the three, Harris is the one I would most personally like to see again. But if not, oh well, just move on.

Reboot everything. At this point there isn't anyone whose continued presence is direly necessary, actor wise. Doubly so given the years that will probably pass before the next movie.

One thing I think they should do is make a real effort to get the films out no longer than every 3-4 years. I'd go with two, but that is probably too difficult in today's film environment. It is understandable when stuff happens (ex. lawsuits, contract disputes, COVID), but if things are operating normally taking 5 years+ kills a franchise's momentum. Ideally they should cast a new Bond next year and get the new film out no later than 2024.

I'd prefer a new a M , Moneypenny, and Q really.

I like Fiennes and the rest, but I really do think it's best they go the clean slate route with everyone as opposed to carrying on the same supporting cast , especially given the way NTTD ended.

It would just be weird imo to bringing them back for a rebooted continuity Bond.

Yeah they did it with Dench and Craig, but DAD didn't end the way NTTD did, so carrying over that same M, while odd, wasn't as jarring as it would be if they brought over bringing over Fiennes, Harris, or Wishaw into a reboot.

It's borderline traditional to keep the supporting cast the same and only have them changed incrementally over a period of a decade or two, circumstances permitting. I don't see the big deal over keeping everyone else, personally. Even despite the little Craig-timeline pocket, I still see Bond as basically operating in comic-book time where continuity means diddly squat unless the director inexplicably wants to call back to something.

James Bond is a person, not a title. They would have to do a total reboot if they want to continue telling a James Bond story. They could keep the same cast if they want to continue 007 adventures with Lynch as 007, but they can’t have her train a “new” James Bond given the ending of NTTD. That wouldn’t make any sense.

it works if James Bond is a code name not an actual name which is hinted at pretty strongly over and over in the movie like how you can see pictures of past M’s in Mallory’s office. So it’s not impossible

The paintings were just Easter eggs to fans, it doesn’t mean anything.

We know Daniel Craig was playing James Bond, orphaned son of Andrew and Monique Bond. It’s part of his character arc. We saw his childhood home in Skyfall, Blofeld knew James Bond as a child etc

Hell, the entire last scene of the film is based around the fact that his name really is “Bond, James Bond.”

They need a reboot with a Bond in his early 30s with a new M ,Moneypenny, and Q.

I know that there is still attachment to the old supporting cast of the Craig era, but that time is over, and really was meant to be part of it's own thing.

It's time to move on with this Bond's own Felix , M, Q, and Moneypenny without Lynch or De Armas, as much as we may like those characters.

It's gonna take alot fans awhile to wrap their heads around a new continuity after 15 odd years, but a new continuity means a younger Bond and different versions of his supporting cast.

Said it before, the reboot needs to start off with Bond in the navy and being tapped up by the government for missions, we see him on his first mission, his feelings, emotions, we go on this journey... we see it from his eyes, the fear, anticipation, the waiting around, the adrenaline, the prep.. it going wrong, losing a colleague and seeing how quickly his new team move on etc. Bond looking at life differently, moving forward knowing at any moment it's all gone.
we have a side series - we see q branch, small terror cells, oo agents, bond makes a cameo, it leads up to the second installment, where bond gets to apply r put his name forward for oo status etc.

One thing I think they should do is make a real effort to get the films out no longer than every 3-4 years. I'd go with two, but that is probably too difficult in today's film environment. It is understandable when stuff happens (ex. lawsuits, contract disputes, COVID), but if things are operating normally taking 5 years+ kills a franchise's momentum. Ideally they should cast a new Bond next year and get the new film out no later than 2024.

They need to create a Bond universe, a limited series based on OO agents bookended with TV movies and theatrical releases. Bond has theatrical releases, his supporting cast is from the limited series and TV movies. Really connect it and build a world where bond can cameo on the series and other movies.

Picture BBC's 'Line of Duty', tweaked and it's oo agents and Q branch, think Richard Madden's 'Bodyguard', but he's oo5, his arc is you see how he goes from good, to loan wolf to the antagonist for Bond etc. We see Moneypenny, agent Carter style, we see her getting injured and moving to an office job - she could be in a wheel chair, get a good actress in that actually in real life uses a wheel chair, it can be forward thinking too. Not trying to be woke for the sake of it, but just representing.

It's borderline traditional to keep the supporting cast the same and only have them changed incrementally over a period of a decade or two, circumstances permitting. I don't see the big deal over keeping everyone else, personally. Even despite the little Craig-timeline pocket, I still see Bond as basically operating in comic-book time where continuity means diddly squat unless the director inexplicably wants to call back to something.

But those movies never ended the way NTTD did, which makes it hard to continue. With each new actor pre Craig it was pretty much a retcon more than a reboot, Craig was the first real reboot.
it works if James Bond is a code name not an actual name which is hinted at pretty strongly over and over in the movie like how you can see pictures of past M’s in Mallory’s office. So it’s not impossible

Nope, they made it clear, James Bond is the man... it was the last line of the chapter.

The painting was a nice easter egg, nod.

As a side note, Bond carried on duties with the navy between missions, that would be great to explore...

Last edited:
The constant title changes are making me dizzy. :o

The paintings were just Easter eggs to fans, it doesn’t mean anything.

Beyond that, we know the Ms are different characters. Even back in Goldeneye Judi Dench is referred to as the new M and clearly she and Mallory are two different people. The only question mark is whether Bernard Lee and Robert Brown are two different people. Brown previously appeared as Admiral Hargreaves in TSWLM, so it is a popular theory that his M is in fact Hargreaves. Lee's M is Miles Messervy as he is addressed by that name by General Gogol also in TSWLM.

Completely different than Bond (or Leiter or Moneypenny or Tanner or Blofeld) where they are one person played by multiple actors.

So I'm not super familiar with the history of the Bond movies before Pierce Brosnan's run (he was the one I grew up with). Aside from Sean Bean's Alec Trevelyan in Goldeneye, have there been any other 00 agents shown in any other Bond movies? Because that feels like an unexplored idea - i.e., Bond movies showing other 00 agents, which would open up more possibilities for other characters IMO.

Definitely for a full reboot. Loved the Craig-era cast (except Fiennes, as great a talent as he is, he was a fairly boring M for me. Didn't bring much of anything new to the table) And I like the idea of starting young, showing a fresh Bond, back to his roots, who has to prove his reputation.

But with all the talk about who the new Bond will be - What about the best options for Bond villains? I'm still mad that Billy Magnussen and Andrew Scott were wasted as underused side-villains in the last two films, leaving them out of the running.

Definitely for a full reboot. Loved the Craig-era cast (except Fiennes, as great a talent as he is, he was a fairly boring M for me. Didn't bring much of anything new to the table) And I like the idea of starting young, showing a fresh Bond, back to his roots, who has to prove his reputation.

But with all the talk about who the new Bond will be - What about the best options for Bond villains? I'm still mad that Billy Magnussen and Andrew Scott were wasted as underused side-villains in the last two films, leaving them out of the running.

I'm sure @Roose Bolton would have some ideas as to what characters from any of the novels these guys and gals would fit but performers I would like to see in future Bond films as baddies:

Hugh Jackman

mAxdF0O.jpg

Winston Duke

ElifyOa.jpg

Christian Bale

Christian_Bale-7837.jpg

Hailey Atwell

Os3rv8Ig.jpg

Adam Driver

PQ0ojfQ.jpg

Morena Baccarin

rRz4EyE.jpg

Jason Isaacs

pmhGh62.jpg

Tony Leung

hwXG3xpZUEXUvqxgbuEaFxZHk_ugggeauloQCrAycIM.jpg

Marton Csokas

MV5BMjQxOTcyNDEyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjMzMzYyNTE@._V1_.jpg

Betty Gilpin

hU64xfS.jpg

A future Bond could do worse for rogues. And the actesses here, in my mind aren't eye candy. I could see them being great main antogonists.

Jonny Lee Miller should play M if they want to reboot the character.
Miller's grandfather played the character M in eleven Bond films.
So I'm not super familiar with the history of the Bond movies before Pierce Brosnan's run (he was the one I grew up with). Aside from Sean Bean's Alec Trevelyan in Goldeneye, have there been any other 00 agents shown in any other Bond movies? Because that feels like an unexplored idea - i.e., Bond movies showing other 00 agents, which would open up more possibilities for other characters IMO.
Other 00 Agents have been featured in the movies but mostly as cannon fodder or minor background characters. Alec from Goldeneye was the only really flesh out 00 agent besides Bond.

A running theme in the movies is that loose cannon Bond is often threatened with being replaced on his mission by the more by the book 008. In the Fleming novel's 008 is the only other named 00 agent and we only get his first name (Bill).

Reactions: Asr
Jonny Lee Miller should play M if they want to reboot the character.
Miller's grandfather played the character M in eleven Bond films.

Other 00 Agents have been featured in the movies but mostly as cannon fodder or minor background characters. Alec from Goldeneye was the only really flesh out 00 agent besides Bond.

A running theme in the movies is that loose cannon Bond is often threatened with being replaced on his mission by the more by the book 008. In the Fleming novel's 008 is the only other named 00 agent and we only get his first name (Bill).

I SO want to see this on film in some form. Sean Bean is awesome but I would be rather intigued to see a Bond just a little off his game and not because of something nefarious but more like, pride and job security. LOL.

Like he gets teamed with 008 who brings the missions in on time and underbudget and like Q is all "Always bringing special issue back in one piece... We need more like you 008."

I'm sure @Roose Bolton would have some ideas as to what characters from any of the novels these guys and gals would fit but performers I would like to see in future Bond films as baddies:

Hugh Jackman

mAxdF0O.jpg

Winston Duke

ElifyOa.jpg

Christian Bale

Christian_Bale-7837.jpg

Hailey Atwell

Os3rv8Ig.jpg

Adam Driver

PQ0ojfQ.jpg

Morena Baccarin

rRz4EyE.jpg

Jason Isaacs

pmhGh62.jpg

Tony Leung

hwXG3xpZUEXUvqxgbuEaFxZHk_ugggeauloQCrAycIM.jpg

Marton Csokas

MV5BMjQxOTcyNDEyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjMzMzYyNTE@._V1_.jpg

Betty Gilpin

hU64xfS.jpg

A future Bond could do worse for rogues. And the actesses here, in my mind aren't eye candy. I could see them being great main antogonists.
Tony Leung as the titular Colonel.

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"