The '90's setting

Nick Fury: I'm so confident in my pets.com stock that I'll bet my left eye on it!

hm, pictures we saw are from 1990 according to the leaks.

so either it's A4 flashback or Brie is filming Captain Marvel for one week.

Maybe we'll get a snippet of the Dawson's Creek theme, along with a cameo from James Van Der Beek? How about the inspiration for the Rachel herself, Jennifer Aniston?

And maybe plaid shirts with large squares?

Oh my gosh Remeber in secret invasion when we saw all the most prominent people as skrulls like Oprah and Obama?

James van der beek is a skrull!

I wonder if they're going to have her as a Gulf War pilot. Or, if post-Desert Storm, then enforcing the No Fly Zone.

I remember Brian Reed had Carol undercover as an air force spy, but I can't remember which country (I assumed Afghanistan, but I can't recall). Anyone remember?

Yeah if it's early 90's then def her being in the Gulf War would be significant.

Though (and this may be ridiculous for me to say) how many top ranked female pilots were there in the Air Force?

Well if historical accuracy is important then the first American female fighter pilot was in 1993. She, General Leavitt currently commands the 57th Wing at Nellis Air Force Base and in the past has commanded the 4th Fighter Wing.

So the no fly zones, and the NATO war in the Balkens are possible locations. However the overwhelming air superiority the US has gone to war with since Linebacker II at the end of Vietnam are not made for character drama since the US aerial forces have easily overwhelmed all adversaries

what about fads like yoyos or pogs or whatever. I can definitely see Carol being a Pokemon fan. Not sure if she chose Pokemon blue or red though.

Maybe she could even make a gag like she sees a skrull and says it looks like some sort of weird Pokemon

what about fads like yoyos or pogs or whatever. I can definitely see Carol being a Pokemon fan. Not sure if she chose Pokemon blue or red though.

Maybe she could even make a gag like she sees a skrull and says it looks like some sort of weird Pokemon

Pogs maybe. Yoyos have been around before the 90s and are still around so they might not really be associated with that decade.

But rollerblades first became prominent in that era even though they're still around today.

We also need AOL and Netscape Navigator.

I remember when Yo-Yos (particularly for tricks) became huge in the 90s.

That being said, this isn't a teenage movie. There's no point bringing in teenage fans.

Given the time frame and Carol's age... No. No there weren't people in their early thirties into that during that period. It's thirty year olds today that are unabashed fans and collectors because they grew up with them but back then, no, Carol would have been to busy on her career.

Given the time frame and Carol's age... No. No there weren't people in their early thirties into that during that period. It's thirty year olds today that are unabashed fans and collectors because they grew up with them but back then, no, Carol would have been to busy on her career.

Aw, surely there would have been a few?

Pogs maybe. Yoyos have been around before the 90s and are still around so they might not really be associated with that decade.

But rollerblades first became prominent in that era even though they're still around today.

We also need AOL and Netscape Navigator.

I think would be so much fun if they scanned people and a cheerful voice said "you've got skrulls". They might even be able to track down the original aol Woman to do the voice

Since we accurately predicted Carol having 'the rachel' haircut let's try and predict Monica Rambeau's look!

I think Brandy is a perfect style guide for that era especially as Moesha

free photo uploading site

I like a more Aunt Viv cut though because that exemplifies power

But my favourite look which screams Monica I think is this one

She's a pilot in some pictures.

Desert Storm - '90 - '91
Bosnian War - '92 - '95
Right-wing militia terrorism: Waco, Oklahoma City, & Ruby Ridge

Closely aligned to where Harmon Rabb Jr. and Sarah MacKenzie went in JAG.

JAG > NCIS

Man, I'm getting old.

Last edited:
She's a pilot in some pictures.

Desert Storm - '90 - '91
Bosnian War - '92 - '95
Right-wing militia terrorism: Waco, Oklahoma City, & Ruby Ridge

Closely aligned to where Harmon Rabb Jr. and Sarah MacKenzie went in JAG.

JAG > NCIS

Man, I'm getting old.

This.

Can't believe JAG is 23 years old already. It's been 13 years since it ended.

JAG was actually a bunch of fun. :) I know it gets a lot of heat for being pretty "raaah!" pro-military, but that was like the definition of a fun hokey "I OBJECT, YOUR HONOR! - OVERRULED! - ON WHAT GROUNDS?!" thing. :oldrazz:

Ah, X-Files/JAG/Buffy era, I miss thee.

i'm down for dialup sounds at her house but military bases would have had a T1 line

JAG was actually a bunch of fun. :) I know it gets a lot of heat for being pretty "raaah!" pro-military, but that was like the definition of a fun hokey "I OBJECT, YOUR HONOR! - OVERRULED! - ON WHAT GROUNDS?!" thing. :oldrazz:

Ah, X-Files/JAG/Buffy era, I miss thee.

Yeah the 90's were good times.

JAG also mentioned the Tailhook scandal many times in the early seasons.

I could see that happening with Captain Marvel, especially if she's military.

Last edited:
I can't believe the 90s decade will turn 30 in 2 more years. Crazy how much time has quickly passed.

Oh & I agree JAG >>>
My mom was obsessed with that show growing up.

The outfit is spot on.

lobad3hg1fo01.jpg

It would be cool to see Catherine Bell as a Marine General in a cameo.

*Giggles* "Bloke". Oh, Brit-and-Brit-lite people.

It would be cool to see Catherine Bell as a Marine General in a cameo.

Throw in David James Elliott as an air force pilot too.

It would be cool if Cap Marvel has a JAG feel to the movie.

Maybe even a JAG type of theme tune.

Yeah, a big brassy Bruce Broughton style theme for this would fit to a tee. Sort of like the Silvestri Cap one but without the 40s vibe.

Guess we don't know who's composing this yet? Hell, if James Horner was still alive he'd probably be perfect, see what else he could cook up with those adventurous aviation vibes from The Rocketeer, only again, modern.

Haha, funny you mention David James Elliott - hell, back in the 90s that guy might have even made for a pretty damn cool 616 Fury.

Haven't seen either him or Bell in anything in forever, too, don't know if they're even still acting. Randomly saw Heathers again the other week, had totally forgotten the Bud actor guy was one of the *****ey jocks who get murdered. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"