WandaVision The aftermath of the Blip in episode 4's opening

Saitou Hajime

Sidekick
Reaction score
This is something that was never tackled in Endgame, criminally downplayed by FFH but was brilliantly portrayed albeit briefly by the opening of episode 4. It was reminiscent of the opening of pilot for The Leftovers except in the MCU's case it's people coming back instead, but it's not any less chaotic and tragic. That years have passed while only minutes have gone by from the perspective of the people who vanished, and important events have passed them by. And rematerializing back where they were before with complete disregard for the present situation. I hope that other shows and movies revisit effects the Blip and maybe even the Snap.

Though the 5 year years later reveal in Endgame was a dramatic moment, I originally didn't care for such a lengthy blip period. I figured subsequent movies would hand wave at this reality altering event, and a one year bump would have been better. I was concerned it would be like Fox's Kinberg-verse in which nothing much happens in the decade that takes place between movies.

But so far Feige and company have treated the Blip appropriately. The WandaVision opening was great, and I wouldn't be surprised if Monica's trauma allowed her entry into the anomaly. But though FFH treated it with much less gravitas, I think it was handled well in that film. It makes sense that kids would be more concerned with sibling dynamics and repeating school work than anything else. One reviewer compared the reaction of the kids, who have lived through multiple alien invasions, to modern day kids having a blase reaction to active shooter drills.

I think the Snap/Blip combo would be a good way to bring mutants in the MCU. Either one of the three snaps could have been the catalyst for a mutant explosion. And the Five Year Blip could be why the Original Five were replaced with All New, All Different team. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"