• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The All-Star Marvel RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
markobanner.jpg

As Sandman moves at a crawling pace towards the Maggia, he has to grunt through the painful feeling of the bullets dislodging the sand in him. But like some horror movie monster he doesn't stop, until he is right on them, swinging a huge fist and knocking those too dumb too move into a wall. He's panting though.

"I don't know...huh...anything except....they fight dirty."

He says through panting.

Then there was the explosion to prove the point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon Maddicks had quickly run away when he realised the bullets were not going to slow down the advancing sand creature, and climbed up a fire escape to another building, where he could overlook advancing police vehicles, and the civilians trying to run past them to avoid the super fight.

"Time for plan B." Maddicks stated, before pulling out a large remote with 3 dials on it, and pressed one of them.
"I'm telling you Hoitz, I've got too much paperwork to do. I can't deal with super bugs duking it out over Manhattan." The driver of a red Prius said to the other detective in the car.

"And I'm telling you Alan, if I have to sit at a desk for one more minute I would have shot somebody."
His much shorter companion said. "I'm a peacock you gotta let me fly! Besides you have a gun."

"It's a wooden gun!"

"and whose fault is that? Wait what's that glowing red thing on the roa-"

And the mine set up on the road took out what could have been two stars of a fairly funny buddy cop film.

The loud car horns blared, as the explosion knocked over several cars, trapping policemen and civilians alike, all of them being around 40 metres away from the super heroes and the crates containing the potential super hero equipment. Than several figures appeared out of hiding on the rooftops closest to the calamity of cars, and began firing with AK-47s on police men and civilians alike.

Sandman paused, looking exasperated.
] "See what I mean. Now what do we do? How do we protect the people and stop the goods from being stolen?"

Sabretooth haunted the halls that night. A guard would some acorss him and he would simply disapear…stupid humans. He wanted to talk to someone tonight, he checked on the rest of Weapon X first.

Beast was sound asleep at this time of night, books splayed out on acrossed his desk, hand written papers at the center, must be working on a book. Victor noted before moving on.

Betsy was equally at bed..though her tossing and turning meant it was not a peaceful sleep. Her wall had a single decoration, a katana on the wall.

Sage was still up, she looked at Creed with a knowing stare, they nodded at each other. She gave him a small smile as she turned her attention back to her book. Victor had a feeling she knew what he was doing, she was smart. Smart was good, smart was dangerous. They where all dangerous for they’re own reasons.

Coming to Kurt’s room the cross hung on the inside, Vic heard it rock as he opened the door, Kurt was sound asleep under a crucifix. Didn’t seem incredibly religious, but there was a good amount of Catholic iconography in Wagner’s room. He backed out silently not hearing a sound from Wagner.

And then he came to Calvin’s room, he knocked once, didn’t get a response. So he opened the door and walked in, he snuck up to Calvin, who was asleep on his bed, probably since they returned.

“Calvin, wake up.”

Last edited:
While in a deep sleep I can hear the sound of someone calling my name. As I begin to wake up from my sleep I see someone big in front of me. Without knowing who it is I ball my left fist and extend my claws and before I could even bring my arm up to defend myself from the unknown presents in front of me, a hand grabs my wrist. As my vision finally begins to clear I realize the person in front of me to be Sabretooth.

“Sab? Oh sorry I didn’t know it was you.” I tell him as he lets go of my wrist and I retract my claws.

“Sorry about trying to attack you. Normally I don’t react like that when people try to wake me but as of late I haven’t really been myself.” I utter as I rub my face and yawn as I try to fully wake up.

While in a deep sleep I can hear the sound of someone calling my name. As I begin to wake up from my sleep I see someone big in front of me. Without knowing who it is I ball my left fist and extend my claws and before I could even bring my arm up to defend myself from the unknown presents in front of me, a hand grabs my wrist. As my vision finally begins to clear I realize the person in front of me to be Sabretooth.

“Sab? Oh sorry I didn’t know it was you.” I tell him as he lets go of my wrist and I retract my claws.

“Sorry about trying to attack you. Normally I don’t react like that when people try to wake me but as of late I haven’t really been myself.” I utter as I rub my face and yawn as I try to fully wake up.

Calvin started to rise, and he started to strike, Victor grabbed his arm restraining it from further action. When the kid realized who he was he smirked at him and released his arm.

“Its ok Calvin, I woke you from deep sleep in the middle of the night.” Victor was sitting in a char he had taken from the desk in Calvin’s room, turning it around and now he rested his elbows on it, his bearded chin sitting in the center.

“I said its no problem, as for you changes in personality, perhaps you’re absorbing more then the powers of mutants and other super humans around you.” Victor looked at the kid, they had some unfinished business.

“So, where were we before?” Calvin gave Victor an odd look. “Back in interrogation.” He clarified.

superskrullbanner4.jpg

Deep inside his private wing of the Madripoorian Embassy in New York sits the brooding Super Skrull. His mood is sour but the wounds he sustained in his battle with the Avengers are healing and he knows that he will soon regain his full strength.​

On the desk before him is a hastily assembled dossier containing photos, files and analysis of each hero the Super Skrull battled in Times Square, sans the amateur in black who first arrived on the scene. Klr't's people could find very little on him, not that Kl'rt cared.​

No he was more interested in the soldier, Captain America, he was a shining beacon of America's strength, a light than inspired this nation's pitiful populace to achieve more than they normally would. His light would have to be snuffed out.​

Picking up a phot of Captain America Kl'rt scowled "You refused to give up your superior officer Captain." Klr't said to the photo, recalling the events of the battle in Times Square "That means I will just have to kill you to make him reveal himself."

A buzz from the intercom shakes Kl'rt from his thoughts and he clicks the intercom and opens a channel to his secretary, or rather the new Ambassador Madripoor's secretary.​

"Yes Rachel." he says in a voice that is not his own.

"Sorry to disturb you Ambassador Wyn, but Mexican Ambassador is here for his appointment." Came the reply of Rachel Wyn. It was obvious from her voice that she had been crying earlier, that she was under alot of stress. Of course that was to be expected so soon after the apparent suicide of her former boss.​

The thought makes Kl'rt want to chuckle, but he stifles the urge and replies in a tone that is both fatherly and sympathetic.​

"Yes of course my dear, please show them in and thank you."

As soon as the words leave his lips, Kl'rt begins to change, his body morphing into that of a tall thin man with a wispy mustache and time weathered features.

The transformation is complete just in time for Ambassador Tran to greet his Mexican counterpart as he enters his office.​

superskrullbanner4.jpg

The Kronas corporation is one of the world's largest and most powerful global conglomerates, a leader in manufacturing, energy production and global security solutions.

Ambassador Tran of the Independant nation of Madripoor has to remind himself of these facts as he steps out of a stretch limosine and on to the open square surrounding the 50 story Kronas headquarters.

Mere humans would surely be impressed by the scale, the sheer grandiose decadence of the structure, but to Tran it is another guady reminder of the unfounded arrogance of the human species. That these dung dogs would think so highly of themselves and their meager accomplishments, it made him want to spin on his heel and get back into his limosine.

It is an urge the disguised Super Skrull resists, and he holds his head high as he stalks purposefully past the armed guards surrounding the parking lot and towards the building beyond.

He didn't like it, but after his confrontation with the Avengers, Kl'rt had to admit that Earth was not going to be subdued as easily as he had initially suspected. He would need help and the man he was here to see, Kronas CEO Aleksander Lukin, was just the man to provide it.

markobanner.jpg

As Sandman moves at a crawling pace towards the Maggia, he has to grunt through the painful feeling of the bullets dislodging the sand in him. But like some horror movie monster he doesn't stop, until he is right on them, swinging a huge fist and knocking those too dumb too move into a wall. He's panting though.

"I don't know...huh...anything except....they fight dirty."

He says through panting.

Then there was the explosion to prove the point.
Simon Maddicks had quickly run away when he realised the bullets were not going to slow down the advancing sand creature, and climbed up a fire escape to another building, where he could overlook advancing police vehicles, and the civilians trying to run past them to avoid the super fight.

"Time for plan B." Maddicks stated, before pulling out a large remote with 3 dials on it, and pressed one of them.
"I'm telling you Hoitz, I've got too much paperwork to do. I can't deal with super bugs duking it out over Manhattan." The driver of a red Prius said to the other detective in the car.

"And I'm telling you Alan, if I have to sit at a desk for one more minute I would have shot somebody."
His much shorter companion said. "I'm a peacock you gotta let me fly! Besides you have a gun."

"It's a wooden gun!"

"and whose fault is that? Wait what's that glowing red thing on the roa-"

And the mine set up on the road took out what could have been two stars of a fairly funny buddy cop film.

The loud car horns blared, as the explosion knocked over several cars, trapping policemen and civilians alike, all of them being around 40 metres away from the super heroes and the crates containing the potential super hero equipment. Than several figures appeared out of hiding on the rooftops closest to the calamity of cars, and began firing with AK-47s on police men and civilians alike.

Sandman paused, looking exasperated.
"See what I mean. Now what do we do? How do we protect the people and stop the goods from being stolen?"

Mac reached the top of the building with some help from Spidey, not his intention when he asked for a web line, but it worked. He leaped down on some thugs, bashed a few skulls, tripped some thugs, and trapped a big guy in a dumpster by putting him in and turning it over.

He looked over to see Spidey doing similar things to the other Maggia goons, and Marko..well Marko was taking care of them in his own way. The idea to turn him into mud was a good one, Flint looked like he was barely holding himself together.

“So whats next?" Mac asked. Just then more gunfire assailed them from the roof and there was an explosion. “MOVE!” Mac shouted as he himself dove for the gunmen, rolling into a flip. Swining his tail knocking over the near gunmen. Gargan swatted them away like flies, wrapping one in his tail while he chopped another in the neck, immobilizing him. Scorpion looked at his handy work, just in time for the “spider-slayers” to show up.

Scorpion made note that for some reason they were late. “Spider, I got these goons, take care of the people in the street.” he looked down at Marko. “Marko, behind you!” Gargan directed a spider slayer unit to accompany him to take down the goon coming up with a grenade. Flying though the air Mac dropped the thug wrapped in his tail and cannonballed into the grenade wielding thug. “Not this time guys.” As the grenade came down the slayer grabbed it and flew into a vacant alley where it safely detonated. He griped the goon tighter.

“Spider, I think we may be able to get some information from our friend here.” Mac handed the thug off to the vigilante. “And when he talks, don’t run off,” He said over his shoulder, the slayers trailing behind.

Approaching the crates he ripped the top off of one.

Mac reached the top of the building with some help from Spidey, not his intention when he asked for a web line, but it worked. He leaped down on some thugs, bashed a few skulls, tripped some thugs, and trapped a big guy in a dumpster by putting him in and turning it over.

He looked over to see Spidey doing similar things to the other Maggia goons, and Marko..well Marko was taking care of them in his own way. The idea to turn him into mud was a good one, Flint looked like he was barely holding himself together.

“So whats next?" Mac asked. Just then more gunfire assailed them from the roof and there was an explosion. “MOVE!” Mac shouted as he himself dove for the gunmen, rolling into a flip. Swining his tail knocking over the near gunmen. Gargan swatted them away like flies, wrapping one in his tail while he chopped another in the neck, immobilizing him. Scorpion looked at his handy work, just in time for the “spider-slayers” to show up.

Scorpion made note that for some reason they were late. “Spider, I got these goons, take care of the people in the street.” he looked down at Marko. “Marko, behind you!” Gargan directed a spider slayer unit to accompany him to take down the goon coming up with a grenade. Flying though the air Mac dropped the thug wrapped in his tail and cannonballed into the grenade wielding thug. “Not this time guys.” As the grenade came down the slayer grabbed it and flew into a vacant alley where it safely detonated. He griped the goon tighter.

“Spider, I think we may be able to get some information from our friend here.” Mac handed the thug off to the vigilante. “And when he talks, don’t run off,” He said over his shoulder, the slayers trailing behind.

Approaching the crates he ripped the top off of one.

markobanner.jpg

After looking into the crate and waving away what looked like steam, Scorpion was at first bewildered by what he saw. A collection of pipes ensnared several see through barrels, displaying some shimmering green and yellow liquids. However the HUD screen in your suit immediately starts detecting high levels of radiation emitting from the liquid.

After some analysis the best estimate your information can tell you is that the chemical contains several parts of the super soldier formula used for Captain America, but in absence of essential chemicals, high radiation seems to have been replaced. What can be determined is that if the formula was used as it was now, the person would not last very long but would be a severe threat to society while it lasted.

Suddenly a new warning flashed on Scorpion's screen. Warning, these chemicals are extremely volitile, do not expose to heat above 15 degrees. Gargan than realized what he mistook for steam was actually liquid nitrogen, and the chemicals were starting to bubble and froth.

"AHH! MOMMY!" a small voice was heard screaming, and it turned out to be a small girl, couldn't be older than 10, who had been tossed aside from the explosion. Her leg appeared to be slightly twisted and she lay almost prone on the pavement. Before anyone can react, the crate explodes, Scorpion only just managing to roll with the blast and Spider-man escaped to higher ground on a web, led more by instinct than any plan.

The bright yellow explosion enveloped the other crates, annihilating them in a blink of an eye, amidst cries of civilians, crooks and police officers alike trying to avoid the large explosion. Finally when the light dimmed, the area around where the crate used to be now resembled a meteor crater. However the loud groans reverberating across the block, seemed to indicate that most people were unharmed. Except for one...

Around the area where the small girl had lain injured, there was a large brown dome surrounding it. The dome began to crack and than fall to pieces, revealing the girl underneath, crying but unharmed.

However it seemed that all that remained of Flint Marko was some shattered mud pieces.

Norman Osborn

The mask.

I see it every time I close my eyes.

Suddenly, I'm 10 again and running through the empty mansion, alone and crying. Father and Mother left, locking me inside in an effort to "toughen me up" as Father gruffly puts it. As much as I want to not cry, I can't help it. The tears run until my face is slick and wet and I can't see where I'm going. The Persian rug hits my feet and I fall face forward, slamming into the hardwood floors with a hard thud. Wiping the tears from my face, I look up and feel my stomach go cold.

A demon stands before me, its face green and sickly with his eyes ablaze and its mouth twisted in a grotesque, maniacal smile. The smile and the laughter have haunted my dreams for 30 years.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"No!"

I snap awake, startled and confused. I'm in my office, the memory in the mansion is a bad dream three decades gone by.

"Mister Osborn," my secretary buzzes on the intercom.

"Yes?"

"Just making sure you're okay. I heard a noise."

I look around my desk, adjusting my tie as I scan things over. My suit is damp, I must have sweated through it during my brief nap.

"I'm fine. Dozed off for a second and woke up with a start."

"Good. Well, the PR people have the press release ready."

"Excellent. Forward a copy to my email."

I cut the line and swivel in my chair, facing the window and looking out at the New York skyline. The laughter in my nightmare still echoes in my head.

Shaking the nightmares of the past out of my head, I turn to my computer and access my email. The press release is good stuff, Oscorp taking credit for the Scorpion and how with the company's help we can usher in a new era of reliable superhumans. It's really confidence inspiring stuff.

Stock rising stuff.

Pulling out my cellphone, I dial up my lawyer.

"Mendel, Norman here. The Crick Trust, how is it looking as far as Oscorp stock is concerned?"

"Well, Norman...uhh, the trust currently owns roughly five percent of Oscorp's total stock."

"Good. I see Questech is trading at 65 a share. I expect that to fall tomorrow. Sell off half our shares in Questech, use half the money to buy up as much Oscorp stock as possible. Take the other half and invest into something solid like Stark. It's trading at 75 a share, I think. It'll only get higher."

"Yes, sir. I just, uhh. Don't feel too comfortable about this."

"I told you time and time again it's safe. Now do it, Stromm."

I hang up and shake my head. Oscorp is a publicly traded and owned company. Rules state that I can never own a majority of the stock while I act as CEO. That's where the Crick Trust comes in. An off-shore account set up in my lawyer's mother-in-law's name, I use it to buy and sell stock in Oscorp and companies. After this next move, the trust should own roughly 15% of Oscorp stock. That, coupled with the 45% stock I own, put's me at 60% majority owner of my own company.

"Mister Osborn."

"Yes?"

"You have a message from Mister Fisk. He'd like for you to meet him for lunch."

"When and where?"

PeterParkerSpider-ManLogo.gif

After looking into the crate and waving away what looked like steam, Scorpion was at first bewildered by what he saw. A collection of pipes ensnared several see through barrels, displaying some shimmering green and yellow liquids. However the HUD screen in your suit immediately starts detecting high levels of radiation emitting from the liquid.

After some analysis the best estimate your information can tell you is that the chemical contains several parts of the super soldier formula used for Captain America, but in absence of essential chemicals, high radiation seems to have been replaced. What can be determined is that if the formula was used as it was now, the person would not last very long but would be a severe threat to society while it lasted.

Suddenly a new warning flashed on Scorpion's screen. Warning, these chemicals are extremely volitile, do not expose to heat above 15 degrees. Gargan than realized what he mistook for steam was actually liquid nitrogen, and the chemicals were starting to bubble and froth.

"AHH! MOMMY!" a small voice was heard screaming, and it turned out to be a small girl, couldn't be older than 10, who had been tossed aside from the explosion. Her leg appeared to be slightly twisted and she lay almost prone on the pavement. Before anyone can react, the crate explodes, Scorpion only just managing to roll with the blast and Spider-man escaped to higher ground on a web, led more by instinct than any plan.

The bright yellow explosion enveloped the other crates, annihilating them in a blink of an eye, amidst cries of civilians, crooks and police officers alike trying to avoid the large explosion. Finally when the light dimmed, the area around where the crate used to be now resembled a meteor crater. However the loud groans reverberating across the block, seemed to indicate that most people were unharmed. Except for one...

Around the area where the small girl had lain injured, there was a large brown dome surrounding it. The dome began to crack and than fall to pieces, revealing the girl underneath, crying but unharmed.

However it seemed that all that remained of Flint Marko was some shattered mud pieces.

".....damn," is all I'm able to manage as the smoke and dust clears.

Make no mistake, I've never been a fan of Flint Marko's, considering all of my previous experience with him has always revolved around me stopping him from trying to victimize someone else. And I'm sure Marko was never a fan of mine, what with me repeatedly trouncing him and giving him jail-time.

Still, he may have been a thug and honestly kind of an idiot, but he wasn't a monster. Funny, it's only after he's turned into a transforming sand-creature that Flint Marko finally shows his human side.

These Maggia thugs, on the other hand...

As the few stragglers still standing flee, I'm on them like white on rice, driving my feet and fists into their skulls, tripping and binding them with lines and nets of webbing, throwing good-sized chunks of debris at them and throwing them at good-sized chunks of debris. Not a one of them escapes.

Finally, I approach the one that Scorpion had handed off to me, as he tries to get up and run. I take him off his feet with a sweeping kick, sending him head-over-heels. Before he can hit the ground, I snare his feet with webs and hang him upside-down from the nearest light post, cocooning him from his shoes all the way up to his neck before dropping down and staring him in the eye, face to upside-down face.

"Sandman said that you're from the Maggia," I say, trying to pull off a tough-guy voice. "I've heard the name. Old-school Italian mobster types, right? I don't think Brando or DeNiro would approve of nearly blowing up little kids, pal. Pacino, maybe. But still, you and your fellow goons just killed a guy....and I don't like that one bit."

"H-...ha!" the mobster practically spits at me. "You don't scare me, ya little brat! Silvermane chews up and spits out punks like you every day!"

"Silvermane, huh?" I repeat. The name's familiar; Captain Stacy said something about Silvermane in relation to the Big Man, like his former boss or something along those lines. "Well since I'm sure he's going to bail you and your boys out of prison, tell him that he's put himself in my sights now."

I'm thankful that my mask hides the worry on my face. Tombstone is bad enough. Now I've got two mob bosses that want me dead. And this one apparently has a much bigger mob to boot.

Still, there's no reason he should know I'm sweating it.

"This is just the beginning, Spider! The Manfredi family, the Maggia Syndicate, we own this town! And we're declaring war on anyone and everyone who tries to--"

"Oh, shut up." I cut him off, firing a glob of webbing into his mouth.

As we stand amidst the smoke and debris, the injured civilians and the brutalized thugs, I glance over at Scorpion, standing triumphantly as he carries the injured little girl that Flint Marko gave his life to save.

"So.....yeah," I say with a kind of shrug, scratching the back of my neck. "That was pretty crazy. I mean, for the most part everyone's okay thanks to Marko--God, who would've thought I'd ever say that? Is there any way we can, like, give him some sort of posthumous commendation? I mean, the guy was a crook, sure, but that was seriously heroic of him."

Then I can't help but notice more police sirens closing in.

"Ah! That's my cue!" I say as I leap up onto a light post, ready to leap away to the rooftops. "Seriously, let's do the team-up thing again some time. Really wish I could help clean up, but I've actually gotta be somewhere in kind of a hurry, so I'd better scoot."

That part's true. I'd lost track of the time, and now if I don't just really motor across town, I'm gonna be late for my first period class.

PeterParkerSpider-ManLogo.gif

".....damn," is all I'm able to manage as the smoke and dust clears.

Make no mistake, I've never been a fan of Flint Marko's, considering all of my previous experience with him has always revolved around me stopping him from trying to victimize someone else. And I'm sure Marko was never a fan of mine, what with me repeatedly trouncing him and giving him jail-time.

Still, he may have been a thug and honestly kind of an idiot, but he wasn't a monster. Funny, it's only after he's turned into a transforming sand-creature that Flint Marko finally shows his human side.

These Maggia thugs, on the other hand...

As the few stragglers still standing flee, I'm on them like white on rice, driving my feet and fists into their skulls, tripping and binding them with lines and nets of webbing, throwing good-sized chunks of debris at them and throwing them at good-sized chunks of debris. Not a one of them escapes.

Finally, I approach the one that Scorpion had handed off to me, as he tries to get up and run. I take him off his feet with a sweeping kick, sending him head-over-heels. Before he can hit the ground, I snare his feet with webs and hang him upside-down from the nearest light post, cocooning him from his shoes all the way up to his neck before dropping down and staring him in the eye, face to upside-down face.

"Sandman said that you're from the Maggia," I say, trying to pull off a tough-guy voice. "I've heard the name. Old-school Italian mobster types, right? I don't think Brando or DeNiro would approve of nearly blowing up little kids, pal. Pacino, maybe. But still, you and your fellow goons just killed a guy....and I don't like that one bit."

"H-...ha!" the mobster practically spits at me. "You don't scare me, ya little brat! Silvermane chews up and spits out punks like you every day!"

"Silvermane, huh?" I repeat. The name's familiar; Captain Stacy said something about Silvermane in relation to the Big Man, like his former boss or something along those lines. "Well since I'm sure he's going to bail you and your boys out of prison, tell him that he's put himself in my sights now."

I'm thankful that my mask hides the worry on my face. Tombstone is bad enough. Now I've got two mob bosses that want me dead. And this one apparently has a much bigger mob to boot.

Still, there's no reason he should know I'm sweating it.

"This is just the beginning, Spider! The Manfredi family, the Maggia Syndicate, we own this town! And we're declaring war on anyone and everyone who tries to--"

"Oh, shut up." I cut him off, firing a glob of webbing into his mouth.

As we stand amidst the smoke and debris, the injured civilians and the brutalized thugs, I glance over at Scorpion, standing triumphantly as he carries the injured little girl that Flint Marko gave his life to save.

"So.....yeah," I say with a kind of shrug, scratching the back of my neck. "That was pretty crazy. I mean, for the most part everyone's okay thanks to Marko--God, who would've thought I'd ever say that? Is there any way we can, like, give him some sort of posthumous commendation? I mean, the guy was a crook, sure, but that was seriously heroic of him."

Then I can't help but notice more police sirens closing in.

"Ah! That's my cue!" I say as I leap up onto a light post, ready to leap away to the rooftops. "Seriously, let's do the team-up thing again some time. Really wish I could help clean up, but I've actually gotta be somewhere in kind of a hurry, so I'd better scoot."

That part's true. I'd lost track of the time, and now if I don't just really motor across town, I'm gonna be late for my first period class.
SCORPION
Mac still held the little girll in his arms as he took in the scene. Marko, the reason he was called in, sacrificed himself to save the girl. He thought if only he had moved faster, or even just seen her then Marko would still be alive. But he was still a crook. He looked at the girl’s leg.
“I think its broken.” He said sounding rather authoritative. She hugged close to his armored chest right up until he handed her off to a paramedic who ahd arrived.

Spider-Man then decides to scram. “SPIDER! I said don’t run!” he sighed when the vigilante kept going. He would give chase, but he had to read these thugs their Miranda Rights, and if the Maggia were really behind this, these where the bigger fish to fry. Walking up to one who tried to get up, Mac hauled him to his feet, glaring him in the eye. “You are under arrest for disturbing the peace, assualt with a deadly weapon, assaulting an officer of the law and transport of hazardou materials unlawfully.” He did love this suit, he could record one set of charges and then replay it for the others being charged with the same thing, which was everyone here.

As the squad cars began to leave the scene, Mac wandered over where he had last see Marko, or what was left of him. The CSIs had carter the big pieces away. Maye the Spider was right..maybe there was some post humous honor.

Some grains of ground off sand moved, falling down into a drain under their own power. Mac titled his head, he smiled a bit to himself. He had two choices, follow the sand and find Marko, or get to the nearest station to help with the booking of all these Maggia thugs. “Bris, I might loose ya, heading into the sewer after a lead.”

SCORPION
Mac still held the little girll in his arms as he took in the scene. Marko, the reason he was called in, sacrificed himself to save the girl. He thought if only he had moved faster, or even just seen her then Marko would still be alive. But he was still a crook. He looked at the girl’s leg.
“I think its broken.” He said sounding rather authoritative. She hugged close to his armored chest right up until he handed her off to a paramedic who ahd arrived.

Spider-Man then decides to scram. “SPIDER! I said don’t run!” he sighed when the vigilante kept going. He would give chase, but he had to read these thugs their Miranda Rights, and if the Maggia were really behind this, these where the bigger fish to fry. Walking up to one who tried to get up, Mac hauled him to his feet, glaring him in the eye. “You are under arrest for disturbing the peace, assualt with a deadly weapon, assaulting an officer of the law and transport of hazardou materials unlawfully.” He did love this suit, he could record one set of charges and then replay it for the others being charged with the same thing, which was everyone here.

As the squad cars began to leave the scene, Mac wandered over where he had last see Marko, or what was left of him. The CSIs had carter the big pieces away. Maye the Spider was right..maybe there was some post humous honor.

Some grains of ground off sand moved, falling down into a drain under their own power. Mac titled his head, he smiled a bit to himself. He had two choices, follow the sand and find Marko, or get to the nearest station to help with the booking of all these Maggia thugs. “Bris, I might loose ya, heading into the sewer after a lead.”

A dark figure is standing in the alley. It's visible that he's half-bald, with chuncks of brown, burned hair left on his damaged scalp. The figure wears a big, brown trenchcoat, that covers his whole body. The figure steps away from the darkness, as we see it wears sunglasses, and that beneath the sunglasses, his eyes are deeply wounded. In a sudden moment, four arm-like robotic appendages lift him half a meter above the cement, as they walk towards the street, lifting ME like their father, like their idol, like their GOD.

DR. OCTOPUS

These men. Look at them. All of them were witnesses to such a magnificent creation of mother atom, a man of sand, a god of the new age… like me. But they don't understand. So they fear it and throw it away like a criminal. This so called hero, this "Scorpion" cop, a self-proclaimed hero that's just a puppet for the media and the corporation that created it. [/LEFT][/RIGHT]

"well well, look at what we have here", I say while looking on a sewer manhole. "he thinks it's dead… what a degenerate. Like everybody in this darned world. but I will prove to them I'll superior… soon." I look on a small puddle of sand left on the curb. "but to do it I'll need help. I could not do this alone… one god in man's world like me can't prove his peers' inferiority… but a group of gods can prove it. A group of gods could prove that the age of single-minded, human degenerates is over. The new age of the gods, the ones who are called misfits or freaks, has started. And we will make it rise even more… I will prove all of you, children of adam and eve, are wrong, and that I, child of the radioation and mother atom is superior. that OCTOPUS is superior."

As I mumble to myself, I tear the sewer manhole open, but silently, as I can't let this "Scorpion" get HIM. The "Sandman". I will get him… and I know just the way to.

Last edited:
Calvin started to rise, and he started to strike, Victor grabbed his arm restraining it from further action. When the kid realized who he was he smirked at him and released his arm.

“Its ok Calvin, I woke you from deep sleep in the middle of the night.” Victor was sitting in a char he had taken from the desk in Calvin’s room, turning it around and now he rested his elbows on it, his bearded chin sitting in the center.

“I said its no problem, as for you changes in personality, perhaps you’re absorbing more then the powers of mutants and other super humans around you.” Victor looked at the kid, they had some unfinished business.

“So, where were we before?” Calvin gave Victor an odd look. “Back in interrogation.” He clarified.

Oh interrogation how could I have forgot. All the thought I was thinking of before began to rush back to me.

“Sab when I first started doing this I didn’t like it what so ever. I felt just because I was different from everybody else my life was taken away from me. A 17 year old boy shouldn’t be going around trying to catch other mutants and what have you. But i guess thats just the life of a mutant. You know within the pass couple of days I have been in the most fights I have ever been in my entire life?”

I pause for a moment trying to think back about the beginning but for some reason the only thing that comes to mind our vision of someone maybe fighting in some old war but i know it can't be me I never fought in any wars.

“I can’t even recall what memories are mine anymore. You know not to long ago when we were on that one mission looking for Wolverine, I was fighting a mutant who had powers like Logan, at one point of the fight I thought I was you.”

I then laugh a little bit. “Wouldn’t that be something, two of you running around this place.”

I then rest my left hand on the top of my head. “I don’t know how much my mine will be able to take before I lose who I am.”

Oh interrogation how could I have forgot. All the thought I was thinking of before began to rush back to me.

“Sab when I first started doing this I didn’t like it what so ever. I felt just because I was different from everybody else my life was taken away from me. A 17 year old boy shouldn’t be going around trying to catch other mutants and what have you. But i guess thats just the life of a mutant. You know within the pass couple of days I have been in the most fights I have ever been in my entire life?”

I pause for a moment trying to think back about the beginning but for some reason the only thing that comes to mind our vision of someone maybe fighting in some old war but i know it can't be me I never fought in any wars.

“I can’t even recall what memories are mine anymore. You know not to long ago when we were on that one mission looking for Wolverine, I was fighting a mutant who had powers like Logan, at one point of the fight I thought I was you.”

I then laugh a little bit. “Wouldn’t that be something, two of you running around this place.”

I then rest my left hand on the top of my head. “I don’t know how much my mine will be able to take before I lose who I am.”

Victor listens to what Calvin says, hanging on every word. The he thinks about how things would be different for him if this happened, or that. And then he really does realize that Calvin is just a kid, he should be in high school, taking classes, flirting with girls. Not hunting down other mutants for the government. He stops thinking of Mimic as a mutant, as a soldier, and as a brother maybe even a son. He deserves better then this.

What Calvin talks about intrigues Creed, he’s absorbing more then just the powers of other mutants, he’s absorbing their memories, What else might he be absorbing, he would need to talk to Tessa about it later, when they could have a private chat about it.

Victor chuckles, the thought kinda scared him, there were already two of him, one was Logan, and the other himself.

“That is a very scary thought Calvin.” He doesn’t let the less then endearing emotion show through his smiles, his fangs catching his bottom lip, giving the look of a rather sinister intent as he hands his head to look at the floor.

Calvin is worried about loosing his identity, something Victor never felt he might. Not for a good 50 years was it now? Hong Kong. Victor spaced out as he thought about the murders he committed. He was so hell bent on revenge he didn’t care that what he was doing was wrong.

“You should probably get that checked out, Kid, Tessa or another psychic should get a look inside your head.” He tapped a claw to his right temple with a smile.

Victor chuckles, the thought kinda scared him, there were already two of him, one was Logan, and the other himself.

“That is a very scary thought Calvin.” He doesn’t let the less then endearing emotion show through his smiles, his fangs catching his bottom lip, giving the look of a rather sinister intent as he hands his head to look at the floor.

Calvin is worried about loosing his identity, something Victor never felt he might. Not for a good 50 years was it now? Hong Kong. Victor spaced out as he thought about the murders he committed. He was so hell bent on revenge he didn’t care that what he was doing was wrong.

“You should probably get that checked out, Kid, Tessa or another psychic should get a look inside your head.”
He tapped a claw to his right temple with a smile.

What Victor speaks is the truth I do need to find out what’s going on with me but it won’t be with Tessa, she is the reason I’m becoming the way I am. A woman smart as Sage must have known what would happen to me after she unlocked the hidden aspects of my mutant powers.

“Yeah you are right and I will get check by her but not right away. For now I’m going to see how badly it gets or if it will get bad at all. Last thing I want is for Haller to bench me. I know I won’t be able to make it confine between these walls while they try and figure out what is wrong.”

As we sit here talking something then hits me, why is Sabretooth in my quarters? I know he said he wanted to finish what we started from before but it has to be more than that hell he woke me up. This is the first time he has ever come to just talk to me unless we are getting ready for a mission or training. Could it be that maybe he doesn’t want to be here or something like that? Maybe he doesn’t like what we are doing. Wait what am I saying I know he loves fighting it’s in his blood and I guess it’s in mine now. Or maybe he is looking for someone he can relate with. I know when I first came here I was an outcast but I guess now I’m part of the team. Since I did mimic his powers and have a bit of his personality and few memories of his I guess I would be the one of the few to truly understand him.

I won’t know what he is thinking unless I ask. “Do you like what we are doing? I mean do you like being part of Weapon X?”

I know if I had a choice I wouldn’t be here right now. Sometimes I just want to fly away, fly very far away.

What Victor speaks is the truth I do need to find out what’s going on with me but it won’t be with Tessa, she is the reason I’m becoming the way I am. A woman smart as Sage must have known what would happen to me after she unlocked the hidden aspects of my mutant powers.

“Yeah you are right and I will get check by her but not right away. For now I’m going to see how badly it gets or if it will get bad at all. Last thing I want is for Haller to bench me. I know I won’t be able to make it confine between these walls while they try and figure out what is wrong.”

As we sit here talking something then hits me, why is Sabretooth in my quarters? I know he said he wanted to finish what we started from before but it has to be more than that hell he woke me up. This is the first time he has ever come to just talk to me unless we are getting ready for a mission or training. Could it be that maybe he doesn’t want to be here or something like that? Maybe he doesn’t like what we are doing. Wait what am I saying I know he loves fighting it’s in his blood and I guess it’s in mine now. Or maybe he is looking for someone he can relate with. I know when I first came here I was an outcast but I guess now I’m part of the team. Since I did mimic his powers and have a bit of his personality and few memories of his I guess I would be the one of the few to truly understand him.

I won’t know what he is thinking unless I ask. “Do you like what we are doing? I mean do you like being part of Weapon X?”

I know if I had a choice I wouldn’t be here right now. Sometimes I just want to fly away, fly very far away.
[FONT=&quot]Victor looked up at this question, he didn’t have to think about his answer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’m a mutant Calvin, I don’t like hunting down my own kind.” His face went serious, “I hate what Weapon X does, I hate the X-Organization, it makes traitors out of the team members. We shouldn’t be doing this, no one should. But the school, the X-Men they could do good for mutants. If only it wasn’t a part of the military. But another part of me, the soldier, the hunter, I love it. The adrenaline, cutting loose, giving in to the animal.” He looked away from Calvin, he was supposed to be the fearless leader, and past enemy, was this at all conveying that image? Even if he was a mutant, his humanity was still something he valued. Turning back to face the kid, a confused look in Creed’s eyes, you could tell he was two people, a loving father figure, and a fierce warrior. A representative of his species as a mutant, a violent murderer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“What do you think about what Weapon X, or all the X-Men, do?"
[/FONT]

Last edited:
AllStarBanner.png

The compound is barely distinguishable from any other derelict building you'd find this far out in the country: a two-story former hotel on the outskirts of a barely-populated town thirty minutes from the nearest interstate. Considering how tucked away and inconspicuous it is, it's no surprise that HAMMER never detected it.

In some ways, it's even less of a surprise that Fury did find it.

From the outside, the place is just a decrepit piece of run-down suburbia. On the inside, though, it's crawling with HYDRA agents. I know as much because I'm currently fighting nearly a dozen of them.

Their bullets PANG and PAK against my shield harmlessly as I charge forward, before bringing the nearest one down with a punch that crunches his nose and front teeth. I spin low, sweeping the legs out of the next agent with a kick, before driving the edge of my shield into his temple--not enough to break his skull, but enough to incapacitate.

There are four more on the other of the room, too far to take out efficiently with hand to hand. I pull my sidearm and take them down with a single round apiece. Kneecap. Shoulder. Gun hand. Gut. All incredibly painful, but not immediately lethal. Even if these men are HYDRA, given my current status, it wouldn't do much good to have it leaked to the press that Captain America went on a killing spree in rural Illinois.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the others withdrawing, along with their commanding officer. I hurl my shield at him, and it bounces with a CRACK off the back of his skull. He tumbles to the ground, and after quickly dispatching his bodyguards, I'm on him.

"Now then," I say, pressing the edge of my shield against his throat. "A few weeks ago, HYDRA made off with a tactical nuke during an operation in Chicago. You're the regional commander of all local HYDRA chapters, which means no operations go down within two hundred miles of here without your knowledge. Tell me where the bomb is."

"*hhnk!* Or what?" the commander says with a mocking grin. "You'll knock me out like the rest of my men? You can't kill me, can you?"

"You work for an organization that deals in mass-murder,"
I say, pulling my shield away from his throat, and instead kneeling down to place the barrel of my gun against his forehead. "And considering what HYDRA has done over the years, to the world at large and to me in particular, killing you wouldn't cost me a wink of sleep. Now then.....where's the bomb?"

"...New Mexico,"
the man finally admits. "It was sent to New Mexico. There's an abandoned missile silo that HYDRA is re-purposing to launch the warhead. That's where we sent the bomb."

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" I say, holstering the pistol. "Now that I've got what I need, I'll be on my way. Since I know your organization will just get you free if we turn you over to the regular authorities, there's a SHIELD cleanup squad en route to this location. If you tell them you cooperated with me, they should let you live."

With that, I knock him out with a field-goal kick to the temple, and I'm out the door and back on the highway within minutes.

Once I'm out on the road, the engine of my motorcycle growling beneath me, I open up a channel directly to Director Fury.

"Eagle Eye, this is Uncle Sam, reporting successful data extraction," I say with as much officiousness as I can. After the shooting of Director 13 in Times Square, HAMMER has unofficially blamed Fury for the attempted assassination. Since I was unable to capture the shooter and clear Fury's name, I feel I owe it to him to help out SHIELD where I can.

The fact that they've provided me with an undisclosed Swiss bank account with virtually unlimited credit after HAMMER froze all my assets doesn't hurt, either.

"Uncle Sam, this is Eagle Eye. Receiving data upload now, and will deploy forces accordingly." Fury's gravelly voice has almost a hint of relief to it--discovering the location of a missing weapon of mass destruction will do that to you, even if you do have a poker face as unreadable as Fury's. "Any ideas on your next move?"

Our agreement is still the same: no orders, no assignments, only information on possible threats or assets. Still, even though I don't actually work for Director Fury, it doesn't hurt to go to him for advice on where to go.

"I'm taking it that your men have what it takes to recon the New Mexico site and assess the urgency of the situation, so get back to me if you end up wanting my assistance with that. In the meantime, I'm going to need your help acquiring a new passport."

"Traveling abroad, Captain?"

"Not far," I say, and I find myself thinking about a comrade from Times Square. Carol Danvers broke rank to try and save lives with us that night. She fought just as bravely as any of us, and in return, Sharon Carter had her arrested and sentenced without trial. Two years in solitary confinement. And for what? For ruffling Carter's feathers.

I intend on ruffling Sharon's feathers a lot more.

"I'm going to Genosha Bay. And I'm coming back with Miss Marvel."

SCORPION

A dark figure is standing in the alley. It's visible that he's half-bald, with chuncks of brown, burned hair left on his damaged scalp. The figure wears a big, brown trenchcoat, that covers his whole body. The figure steps away from the darkness, as we see it wears sunglasses, and that beneath the sunglasses, his eyes are deeply wounded. In a sudden moment, four arm-like robotic appendages lift him half a meter above the cement, as they walk towards the street, lifting ME like their father, like their idol, like their GOD.

DR. OCTOPUS

These men. Look at them. All of them were witnesses to such a magnificent creation of mother atom, a man of sand, a god of the new age… like me. But they don't understand. So they fear it and throw it away like a criminal. This so called hero, this "Scorpion" cop, a self-proclaimed hero that's just a puppet for the media and the corporation that created it. [/LEFT][/RIGHT]

"well well, look at what we have here", I say while looking on a sewer manhole. "he thinks it's dead… what a degenerate. Like everybody in this darned world. but I will prove to them I'll superior… soon." I look on a small puddle of sand left on the curb. "but to do it I'll need help. I could not do this alone… one god in man's world like me can't prove his peers' inferiority… but a group of gods can prove it. A group of gods could prove that the age of single-minded, human degenerates is over. The new age of the gods, the ones who are called misfits or freaks, has started. And we will make it rise even more… I will prove all of you, children of adam and eve, are wrong, and that I, child of the radioation and mother atom is superior. that OCTOPUS is superior."

As I mumble to myself, I tear the sewer manhole open, but silently, as I can't let this "Scorpion" get HIM. The "Sandman". I will get him… and I know just the way to.

markobanner.jpg

Deep in the sewers, granules of sand gathered around a wall, condensing into a small clump before it began to expand upwards, forming the ex-convict Flint Marko. However this form looked far too skinny, and still appeared to be a moving sand sculpture rather than a flesh and blood man. It tried to grab the wall to steady itself, but it only lost form when he applied pressure, his hand having to be reformed. He couldn't be tangible enough to be struck, and barely tangible enough to hold himself steady.

On the other side of the controls, Floyd Baker tried to adjust the controls because he heard something had gone wrong.

What in the world happened to Flint? I was losing cohesiveness and control of the sand form, fighting those men and I didn’t even notice that girl. Yet somehow the body managed to leap and shield her prone form from the explosion. I never commanded the body to do that. Is it possible Flint is...
Floyd hesitated, terrified yet hopeful, a painful combination. He said aloud softly,

"Flint? Flint? " He looked around hopelessly, before he resigned his head.
I’m so sorry son. I’m so sorry. He slowly advanced down the sewer, to return to his lab, when he heard the sound of a drain being lifted off the top of the drain.

Oh no. He thought before trying to run limp as rapidly as possible from the super powered law enforcer on his tail. Not now. I can't face him in this state. And I can't lead him to the lab. What am I going to do?

to be continued...

markobanner.jpg

Deep in the sewers, granules of sand gathered around a wall, condensing into a small clump before it began to expand upwards, forming the ex-convict Flint Marko. However this form looked far too skinny, and still appeared to be a moving sand sculpture rather than a flesh and blood man. It tried to grab the wall to steady itself, but it only lost form when he applied pressure, his hand having to be reformed. He couldn't be tangible enough to be struck, and barely tangible enough to hold himself steady.

On the other side of the controls, Floyd Baker tried to adjust the controls because he heard something had gone wrong.

What in the world happened to Flint? I was losing cohesiveness and control of the sand form, fighting those men and I didn’t even notice that girl. Yet somehow the body managed to leap and shield her prone form from the explosion. I never commanded the body to do that. Is it possible Flint is...
Floyd hesitated, terrified yet hopeful, a painful combination. He said aloud softly,

"Flint? Flint? " He looked around hopelessly, before he resigned his head.
I’m so sorry son. I’m so sorry. He slowly advanced down the sewer, to return to his lab, when he heard the sound of a drain being lifted off the top of the drain.

Oh no. He thought before trying to run limp as rapidly as possible from the super powered law enforcer on his tail. Not now. I can't face him in this state. And I can't lead him to the lab. What am I going to do?

to be continued...
Mac trudged through the sewers, knee high in human waste.

“Thank god for this suit.” He uttered a he continued following the grains that ran along the very thin ledge to his left. He heard a voice.

[FONT=&quot]
"Flint? Flint? "
[/FONT]

Mac slowed down to reduce the slushy noise of his movement. He was gaining on Marko. He heard a grate pulled up from the concrete below.

“Oh crap, what now?” he mumbled mostly to himself. Scorpion quickened his pace back up, turning a corner to see what was left of Marko as the granules rolled their way into his small, inhuman sandy form.

“Jesus Christ.” He stared at Flint as he heard something coming their way.

[FONT=&quot]Victor looked up at this question, he didn’t have to think about his answer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’m a mutant Calvin, I don’t like hunting down my own kind.” His face went serious, “I hate what Weapon X does, I hate the X-Organization, it makes traitors out of the team members. We shouldn’t be doing this, no one should. But the school, the X-Men they could do good for mutants. If only it wasn’t a part of the military. But another part of me, the soldier, the hunter, I love it. The adrenaline, cutting loose, giving in to the animal.” He looked away from Calvin, he was supposed to be the fearless leader, and past enemy, was this at all conveying that image? Even if he was a mutant, his humanity was still something he valued. Turning back to face the kid, a confused look in Creed’s eyes, you could tell he was two people, a loving father figure, and a fierce warrior. A representative of his species as a mutant, a violent murderer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“What do you think about what Weapon X, or all the X-Men, do?"
[/FONT]

Victor’s question is a simple one to answer. I’ve known the answer to that since I first step foot here. Unlike like Victor or Logan or Hank and the others I’m nothing like them. I can’t pretend any longer that I like doing this because I don’t. Sad thing is I have no choice but to go with the flow of things.

“I really don’t care for much of this stuff at all. I just fear that the longer I do this and the more mutants we come across and the more powers I mimic to make sure we have successful missions with no one getting hurt I’m going to end up getting to the point where I can stand what I’m doing and then at that point Calvin Rankin will be gone.”

But I can’t kid my self at the same time I also know everything is not all peaches and cream I know there is always two sides to a coin.

“But then I have to realize that we don’t live in a perfect world. I know there are some real bad and powerful mutants out there who need to be stopped but I don’t think all mutants should be held reasonable.”

As I stop talking for a minute I recall the good days when I used my powers to help others like myself.

“Mr. Rankin, is my class boring you?” Sitting here thinking about my life I seem to have forgot that I’m in class right now.

“No your class is not boring me, I was just thinking of something else.”

Not so much as boring me as to putting me to sleep but I’m not going to say that. If I did I would get some kick-ass cool points but my job is to be the guy who sits in the classroom and day dreams and get interrupted by his teacher.

“Well Mr. Rankin you need to pay attention or how would like to be with me and the other teachers of Bayville high after school?”

“I wouldn’t like that at all.” Neither would Feral if I was late for another training exercise, she’d cut my chest open literally.

“Then you should pay attention then.”

If she only knew how much I’m really paying attention. There are three kids in this class room who are just like me and two of them are on the brink of losing control of their powers. But I won’t let that happen. A girl name Annalee in the class room has the power of projecting empathy. She is capable of converting her own emotions into a radiant psychic effect that would manipulate the feeling of others. Now to some this wouldn’t seem like a great power to have but in this situation it is. Anaalee seems to be in control of her powers but the other two are new to their powers and their emotions is they’re down fault. Being angry or upset or even scared could trigger them to unleash their power. But I’ll stop them from doing that by using Anna’s power and make them calm cool and collected as myself. As i use her power i see first hand how its begins to work. The looks on their faces tells me everything I need to know. Like always it works, the more and more I use it I think about mimicking her power permanently but the truth is her power is not one that can help me in the field. When it comes down to it no one in this school really has any power that can do me some real amount of good.

As the cloak finally struck 2:45pm everyone in the class including myself got up from our seats and exited the classroom to actually go and do something with our lives instead of listing to boring teachers speak all day. As I made my way to the schools front entrance doors I pick up on a recognizable scent. It was a scent that meant one of two things. One I’m either going to do some training or two I’m going on a mission. Dear God I hope it is the first thing, I’m not in no kind of mood to take away anyone’s life how they took mine.

As I approach Feral next to her vehicle she keeps her eyes on me with a dissatisfied appearance on her face.

“What you did is not allowed Calvin.” Her voice is very stern and she doesn’t even break eye contact with me, yup she’s pissed.

“I did what I had to do to protect my cover. If those kids would have lost it in there it's a great chance I would be force to display my own powers to protect myself.” Some times i think she can see the future, she always seems to know when i have done something.

The way she’s staring at me I can tell that she believes my reply to be a lot of bull and it is. Feral then makes her way from the passenger side of the car over to the driver’s side and while walking she began to speak.

“Do not take me as a fool Calvin I’ve trained you well enough so if a situation like that would happen you could do what you need to do so you would come out unharmed and your cover intact. It is obvious to me that teaching survival skills is not enough you have to try and play hero and save these other mutants. Maybe I should tell Malcolm that your being here is not good for you and you should be with the others.”

“That is not needed I won’t do it again I promise.”

Before she gets in the car she gives me one last look.

“We will see, now get in the car we have a lot of things to go over.”

The truth is I know she wouldn’t report me. She may not say anything but I know she sees me like a son. This is her way of telling me I need to be more careful and she is right that’s exactly what I'll be.

Thinking of the past I knew then that I wanted to help mutants and somewhere down the line I lost sight of that.

“Funny thing is I thought if I joined a team I could use my powers to help other mutants to keep their powers secret if that is what they wanted. Back in high school I used to play hero and did everything to protect others like us so they wouldn’t be in this situation. I did a good job or so I believe I did…” I laugh for a moment as I think about how Feral would pretend to be mad at me. “… Feral would always get mad at me for risking everything trying to help them but I know she was proud of me. And I find myself thinking if she saw me today would she still be proud?"

RICK JONES
&
THE GAMMA CORPS

British Columbia, Canada

The truck ride seems to have been forever. I don’t understand why they just didn’t let use take an airplane. Guess this is the luxuries of being with HAMMER. Not really to bad it beats me and Rider doing guard due.

While sitting the General then stands up and approached us all.

“We shall be at our location in 0800, our task may sound simple but I assure you it is far from it.”

As the General takes a moment to stop talking he passes folders out to all of us with information on our mission.

“The file I have just passed out to all of you has the information we have gathered to far on our target. He is very dangerous and incredibly strong. He could kill anyone of us in an instant if we don’t stay sharp. Our job is to capture the creature but in order to do so we must catch him he when in vulnerable. The man you see in the photos are of the creature when he is in his human form, that is our opportunity to strike. We must hit him fast and hard. These tranquilizers dirts should do the job. If you have shot take it. We can’t risk letting this man get riled up, because if he does God help us all. You all are the best at what you do so show me it’s not just something they put on paper.”

“Yes sir.” We all said simultaneously.

While going through the picture I come across a familiar face. I then lean over to my partner Rider.

“I know this guy.” I whisper to him.

“What are you talking about?” he replies very low.

“This is the guy we had to guard a while back.”

“What is that post to mean to me?”

“I guess nothing.”

“Look man don’t do anything stupid alright, the guy was strap down pretty good last time we saw him and now we know why. Before you think anything good because of our last encounter you should look over this file.”

I just can’t believe that man I spoke to in that holding cell is the same person I’m reading about now. Bruce what have you gotten yourself into?

Last edited:
“I really don’t care for much of this stuff at all. I just fear that the longer I do this and the more mutants we come across and the more powers I mimic to make sure we have successful missions with no one getting hurt I’m going to end up getting to the point where I can stand what I’m doing and then at that point Calvin Rankin will be gone.”
But I can’t kid my self at the same time I also know everything is not all peaches and cream I know there is always two sides to a coin.

“But then I have to realize that we don’t live in a perfect world. I know there are some real bad and powerful mutants out there who need to be stopped but I don’t think all mutants should be held reasonable.”
“That’s what the brotherhood is trying to do, give mutants a place to go without having to register. Because is this the land of the free when its mutant citizen’s are forced to put their names on a list? To be criminalized for wanting the right to live in anonymity.” Victor was reaching down deep into himself, he was giving an answer from the heart, the last person he talked to like this, was Clarice, Blink.

He was starting to miss her, miss the whole Marauder’s team, ok so he didn’t miss Scalp hunter. John wasn’t his favorite person. He needed to get back to the Brotherhood. They most likely have gone underground until the heat blows over on the White House incident. Or Eric is planning something big.

“Eric wants a world were we don’t have to hide who we are.” Victor chose to elongate his claws to their fullest length, holding his arm out before them both. “A world were we are not freaks to be looked down on as second rate citizens.”

Thinking of the past I knew then that I wanted to help mutants and somewhere down the line I lost sight of that.

“Funny thing is I thought if I joined a team I could use my powers to help other mutants to keep their powers secret if that is what they wanted. Back in high school I used to play hero and did everything to protect others like us so they wouldn’t be in this situation. I did a good job or so I believe I did…” I laugh for a moment as I think about how Feral would pretend to be mad at me. “… Feral would always get mad at me for risking everything trying to help them but I know she was proud of me. And I find myself thinking if she saw me today would she still be proud?"

[FONT=&quot]“I’m sure she would Calvin, you’ve become a great fighter, and I am sure you’ll be a great man in the future.”
[FONT=&quot]He meant every word. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Someday, even if you loose Calvin Rankin, you’ll find him when he is most needed.”[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
RICK JONES
&
THE GAMMA CORPS

British Columbia, Canada

The truck ride seems to have been forever. I don’t understand why they just didn’t let use take an airplane. Guess this is the luxuries of being with HAMMER. Not really to bad it beats me and Rider doing guard due.

While sitting the General then stands up and approached us all.

“We shall be at our location in 0800, our task may sound simple but I assure you it is far from it.”

As the General takes a moment to stop talking he passes folds out to all of us with information on our mission.

“The file I have just passed out to all of you has the information we have gathered to far on our target. He is very dangerous and incredibly strong. He could kill anyone of us in an instant if we don’t stay sharp. Our job is to capture the creature but in order to do so we must catch him he when in vulnerable. The man you see in the photos are of the creature when he is in his human form, that is our opportunity to strike. We must hit him fast and hard. These tranquilizers dirts should do the job. If you have shot take it. We can’t risk letting this man get riled up, because if he does God help us all. You all are the best at what you do so show me it’s not just something they put on paper.”

“Yes sir.” We all said simultaneously.

While going through the picture I come across a familiar face. I then lean over to my partner Rider.

“I know this guy.” I whisper to him.

“What are you talking about?” he replies very low.

“This is the guy we had to guard a while back.”

“What is that post to mean to me?”

“I guess nothing.”

“Look man don’t do anything stupid alright, the guy was strap down pretty good last time we saw him and now we know why. Before you think anything good because of our last encounter you should look over this file.”

I just can’t believe that man I spoke to in that holding cell is the same person I’m reading about now. Bruce what have you gotten yourself into?
Bruce wiped his arm over his moist brow. He had spent the last hour stacking wood for the coming fall and winter. He looked up at the sun as it showned down on the earth. In these last few weeks since Coulson last talked to him Bruce had been thinking. Was he a hero? He did choose to go to New York, and there must have been something heroic about Hulk, he did intentionally not fight the other heroes.

Inside Banner had started boiling water for oatmeal, a big part of his diet now. He had nearly finished his book, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. The doctor had created a monster, a monster who had murdered people indiscriminately. And now the story had to come to a close

He opened the book to the last page.
About a week has passed, and I am now finishing this statement under the influence of the last of the old powders. This, then, is the last time, short of a miracle, that Henry Jekyll can think his own thoughts or see his own face (now how sadly altered!) in the glass. Nor must I delay too long to bring my writing to an end; for if my narrative has hitherto escaped destruction, it has been by a combination of great prudence and great good luck. Should the throes of change take me in the act of writing it, Hyde will tear it in pieces; but if some time shall have elapsed after I have laid it by, his wonderful selfishness and Circumscription to the moment will probably save it once again from the action of his ape-like spite. And indeed the doom that is closing on us both, has already changed and crushed him. Half an hour from now, when I shall again and for ever re-indue that hated personality, I know how I shall sit shuddering and weeping in my chair, or continue, with the most strained and fear-struck ecstasy of listening, to pace up and down this room (my last earthly refuge) and give ear to every sound of menace. Will Hyde die upon the scaffold? or will he find courage to release himself at the last moment? God knows; I am careless; this is my true hour of death, and what is to follow concerns another than myself. Here then, as I lay down the pen and proceed to seal up my confession, I bring the life of that unhappy Henry Jekyll to an end.
Bruce thought, what a poor man. A good man cursed with a horrible transformation into hideous beast. A creature that could never be human. A man he could relate with to an extent, the Hulk was not a monster, but he wasn’t human, and he had done terrible things. If SHIELD had found him, HAMMER couldn’t be far behind. Bruce trusted Coulson with telling him this however. So he felt tense, yet relieved. He closed his eyes as he closed the book. All these months and he still was troubled with a "hulk issue". He rubbed his temples as the problem once again surfaced in his thoughts.

Last edited:
movie-logo.jpg

"Wake up."

I groan. "What time is it?"

"Almost three in the afternoon."

I roll over, trying to ignore the fact that Pepper just shut off my bedroom's blinders, thus letting the midday sunlight to fill the room. "I thought being CEO meant you could sleep in," I mutter.

"Actually, it's precisely why you can't."

I sigh, realizing that I'm fighting a losing battle. Pepper's one of the few people in the world who can match me for hardheadedness. Rubbing my eyes, I ask, "What are you doing here? Where's my assistant?"

"I told him to go get your coffee. I knew you'd need it."

I sit up in my bed. Pepper gives me a strange look, and I remember that I'm not wearing a shirt. I give a little smirk. "It's going to be an Irish coffee, I hope."

"Don't get your hopes up. Now, come on. Get up, get dressed. There's a lot of work to be done." With that, Pepper turns on her heels and marches out of my bedroom.

"Hey, shouldn't you be working on the Mark IV?" I call out, but if she heard me, she chose not to respond. "Jarvis, what'd I miss while I was asleep?"

"See for yourself, sir."

The flatscreen TV across from my bed turns on, and Jarvis sets the channel to CNN. They're doing a report, and for a moment, I have trouble realizing what I'm looking at.

Then, with anger and disgust, it sinks in.

"Justin Hammer, a longtime boardmember under Howard Stark, has since resigned from his post - citing disputes with Howard's son, the new CEO Tony Stark - and has dedicated the bulk of his net-worth to founding a company of his own. The newly-crowned Hammer Corporation, not to be confused with the government agency HAMMER, is advertised as the answer to Stark Enterprises' new direction. Hammer recently met with members of the US military to discuss possible military contracts."

"That snake," I mutter under my breath.

There she stood, waiting outside the terminal as her fight had, incredibly, landed on time but her ride had not. Laynia was tempted to get a cab but since a cab into the city would be a small fortune, waiting for her paid ride just made sense. After passing through customs and claiming her luggage, if was time for a break anyway.

“Bah. They call these cigarettes”, She frowned as she lit up and exhaled the toxic cloud of smoke. She tapped her left boot on the concrete below her, checking her watch and taking a couple drags. After few minutes passed a Lincoln town car appeared in the horizon pulled up across the road. A chauffeur dressed in black stepped out with a paper sign in his hand. With a quick glance she could read her name and gave the elderly man a quick wave and collected her bags with ease. Laynia approached the man with luggage in tow and gave him a friendly smile.

“Here. Let me get your bags Ma’am.” the suited man returned her genuine smile.

“I’m quite capable sir, if you could get the door.” She placed her belongings into the trunk swiftly, entered and sat in the back seat of the luxury vehicle. Laynia couldn’t help but to feel like royalty, given her up bringing, this was not the lifestyle she was accustomed to. Taking in some of the sights, the vast water ways and sky scrapers she could see in the distance, Laynia opened up her laptop and sent a quick email to her boss back in France.

Upon finishing any technological duties, she turned on the radio in the back of the town car. Tuning in the radio through a couple stations before catching some breaking news…

Officials are still cleaning up the debris, the search continues for missing people and with so many questions to ask, who can the good people of NYC go to? The mayor has no comment over the matter at this time.

The chief of police gave a brief comment:

The unfortunate events that unfolded in Manhattan was a botched assassination attempt. Many national government agencies will be working hand in hand with myself and other members of the New York City police department to find those responsible.

Laynia’s expression said it all, worry, sadness and it motivated her. The poor , innocent people…

“Mutants.” The driver muttered, “They don’t care about anyone.” He looked back at Laynia using the rear view mirror and smiled harmlessly. “How was your flight Ma’am?”

“Long.” That was simply, the very best way to describe it. They were getting closer to the city. “How about you? Been having a good day?” she politely enquired. The driver nodded in response and made a reference to the weather. “What can you tell me about these ‘mutants’?”, it was about time to get down to work anyway. “What has been happening here? Things are so different in Europe.”

The driver cleared his thought and started to break it down. “Ever since they passed the registration act, its has been all out war. Freaks everywhere, playing on the both sides. To be honest Miss, you picked a terrible time to go on vacation.” He shrugged, “Beautiful city though, it has its own life to it.” Despite his hate, he really didn't seem that phased.

“I can imagine. I’m really looking forward to the shopping.” She lied, but she was certain he believed her.

**One day passed**

Refreshed and unpacked, Laynia had readied herself for the day. She had been quite lucky, her hotel the ’Ace Hotel’, was just down the way from the disaster at Times Square. Still she thought, what a pity. Dressing herself in a white blouse and black slacks, but decided to leave her long blond hair down and live a little on the wild side. She had headed out early, mostly to find some coffee and some sort of pastry to mill over as she planned her itinerary for the day. She needed to get in touch with some people, the mayor of the city, this Tony Stark character, perhaps the police would be willing to talk with the press?

She sat almost posed with her legs crossed, sipping on the caffeinated beverage. Maybe just taking to some of the everyday people, perhaps down in Times Square? Who knows who had seen something, it would be a start.

cykebanner.jpg

The ride from the airfield to our destination, a small town not too far outside of Texarkana, is fairly quiet. Private Kitty Pryde, call sign "Shadowcat"--fresh out of basic training--spends most of the ride texting on her phone, most likely to Private Drake back east; as much as people gave me grief about my relationship with Jean, Pryde and Drake have been all but conjoined at the mouths ever since they both were on the same team. The phone isn't the only reason that she doesn't look up or talk to any of us--this is Kitty's first "find and recover" mission in the field. Or as the Brotherhood would call it, her first mutant hunt.

Our target is a young woman, about nineteen years old, by the name of Anna Marie, and according to Colonel Haller, she could very well be the most dangerous uncatalogued mutant in the country. Over the last few months, she's traveled across several states, hospitalizing dozens in her wake, many in critical condition. And what is truly unsettling is that she does so not with weapons or martial techniques, but simply by touching them.

"We're coming up on our destination soon," I say. "The target's last known place of residence is a small motel about four miles from here. Private Pryde will recon the motel rooms to ascertain her exact location. From there, I'll attempt to contact Miss Marie and attempt to resolve the situation without incident. However, if she isn't cooperative, then we subdue her as quickly as possible. Guthrie and Proudstar, you're backup. We'll only call you in if absolutely necessary."

Sergeant James Proudstar, call sign "Warpath," nods grimly in the back seat. A three-year veteran, he's normally assigned to front line action against hostile groups like the Brotherhood. He honestly wasn't my choice as for this mission, but Colonel Haller specifically placed him on this team. I suppose he considers this woman to be more dangerous than he's letting on.

Meanwhile, Corporal Paige Guthrie, call sign "Husk," huffs in annoyance at only being a reserve. I chose her because I believe that being able to remove her outer skin (replacing it with a different, stronger layer) may come in handy against a mutant who can incapacitate via simple skin contact.

"I'm not going to have to, like.....hurt her, am I?" Kitty asks nervously. I'd forgotten what it was like to be so squeamish about taking down a potential threat. Granted, the vast amount of X-Men missions aim to detain and apprehend rather than kill, so the use of force rarely weighs on my conscience. Still, I've seen some of the other side of that, too, what the Weapon-X team has been known to do....and I can see why Kitty might have her reservations.

"No one's going to get hurt if we can help it," I reassure her. "We want to show her that joining the X-Men isn't something to be afraid of, that we're the good guys in this situation. That's part of why you're coming along with us; you're still new to the team, so I think you may be able to relate with Anna Marie better than most of us old-timers."

That's partly true; I did think Private Pryde would be able to show a friendlier face than I could manage, and certainly moreso than Warpath or Husk. There are other reasons I chose her for this mission, though, not the least of which is the fact that her phasing abilities makes her impossible to be touched when in action, which should prove a decisive advantage if things get ugly.

Another, more personal reason, is because I've brokered a bit of a deal with Kitty, and more importantly, with her boyfriend Private Drake...who is on Warren's team dealing with the Brotherhood. In exchange for mentoring her in the field and putting in a good word with Colonel Haller, she acts as a liason between my team and Warren's, feeding me information on the Brotherhood via Drake. That information could lead me closer to finding Magneto....and more importantly, finding Jean.

"Okay, we're here," I say as I pull the SUV into the hotel's parking lot. "Everyone stay sharp. We don't want to cause any unnecessary damage, but we also don't want her getting away."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a man in a trenchcoat leaning against a lamp post down the block. Could be nothing, but he seems out of place amidst the locals.

"So I guess that's my cue," Kitty says as we step out of the car.

"Just a quick recon, in and out as fast as you---DOWN!!!"

The team hits the dirt just as a bolt of some kind of energy, burning bright magenta, strikes our SUV, blasting the back half of it into debris. Warpath and Husk are quick to their feet, while Shadowcat has frozen like a deer in the headlights.

I get to my feet and stare down our attacker, the man in the trenchcoat. Looks like my suspicions were right.

"Now don't that just beat all?" the man says in a thick Cajun accent. "My employer sends me lookin' for a beautiful belle out heah, and y'all just happen to be after the same one. Well, sorry, X-Men..."

Ultimate_X-Men_Gambit.jpg

"....but the lady's comin' with me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"