Michael Fassbener-Silveo Manfredi/Silvermane

Benedict Cumberbatch-The Tinkerer

Idris Elba-Silver Sable

Michael Fassbender-Montana

Idris Elba-Ox

Michael Fassbender-Fancy Dan

Benedict Cumberbatch-Fredick Foswell

TASM 3:

if they ever needed a villain in TASM 3 they should either go with Kraven being played by Idris Elba or Mysterio being played by Michael Fassbender

Benedict Cumberbatch-Mary Jane Watson

Idris Elba-Aunt May

Michael Fasbender-Uncle Ben

Benedict Cumberbatch-The Lizard

Idris Elba-Robbie Robertson

Michael Fassbender-Betty Brant

Benedict Cumberbatch-Ned Leeds

Idris Elba-Ned Lee

Michael Fassbender-Hobie Brown

Benedict Cumberbatch-Fredick Foswell

Idris Elba-Randy Robertson

if JK Simmons doesn't reprise his role then maybe Michael Fassbender, Benedict Cumberbatch or Idris Elba would play the character

so which characters do you think should be in the movie and who would you cast?

I agree.

Why? Let's talk about Tobey Maguire. Or let's talk Batman.

I hope they don't change the red/blue suit too much from the TASM2 suit.
riK35Gr.jpg

And uf we get the black costume I hope they the one from the comics this time around.
Marvel_Super_Heroes_Secret_Wars_Vol_1_8.jpg

What I hope they do is keep the S6 as its own franchise. Obviously they should tie it to TASM3 in one way or another, but not think that everything from S6 should be dumped on TASM3 and viceversa. Keep the stories linked, but independent. Let each thing be its own thing.

I stand by the belief that S6 is a pretty cool idea for a comic book film. Superpowered villains doing funky superpowered stuff, unburdened by morals... it's a fun concept! So I hope they let it breathe and grow in its own without having to limit itself to being just a segue to more Spider-Man movies. If it means a S6 devoid of Spidey appearances, so be it.

Very interesting. I've actually never thought of it that way, but I would be on board for that if they trailed off into a S6 franchise of its own. But of course, that highly depends on how the film performs.

I too support the idea of the spinoff in general. Spider-Man has some of the best villains in comic book history, and the S6 are an iconic group of villains themselves. That's why I think, "Why not?"

I mean, yes, I can easily imagine Marvel executing this so much better than Sony probably will. But they're at a point where it makes sense, and the studio is in desperate need of starting something new. If it turns out being successful, I think Sony will have the opportunity to right the ship again. I just don't like putting down an idea without even seeing a glimpse of it. After all, we can only make so many conclusions after seeing just TASM1 and TASM2.

It's possible Mary jane won't be introduced yet, usually love interests are There to be the female lead but if blackcat is involved then she may take the female lead role, heck it may not even be a romantic one, it would be different

The benefit of the spin offs like say what they did with the avengers is that these characters are introduced in their solo movies so we don't needs to spend a lot of time learning about These characters individually in TASM3

As I mentioned above, in regards to Sony trying new things, a Spider-Man film without a love interest would be a big leap of faith as well. Love interests have just been so intertwined in his mythos, it's probably impossible for even the general audience to imagine Peter Parker without a partner.

I personally don't want Peter to have any love interest in TASM3, so Black Cat could serve as that seductive female who keeps Peter guessing. This could be the explanation behind the producers getting rid of MJ in TASM2.

Even with the spinoffs, just think about all of those characters getting even a little bit of screen time in TASM3. It almost creates the effect that TASM2 sometimes had, where the film felt like it was jumping around instead of focusing on one main plot.

That's why I'm hoping that TASM3 will give us villains such as Mysterio or Kraven (maybe one of those villains and the mob?) and just have a more focused story instead of cramming whatever in like with TASM2. If they mess up TASM3 then I would have lost all hope in Sony.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the theme could be in TASM3 and what it could possibly revolve around?

I think they need to definitely focus on Peter a lot more as a character and his relationship with Aunt May but they need to give us something truly spectacular and something we haven't seen before. I don't want just your average Spider-Man movie.

I hope S6 covers everything we need to know about the villains, and lets their stories naturally come into fruition in TASM3. My point is, there's definitely going to be more than 2 in the film; but it's all a matter of how they're utilized. I honestly will lose faith in Sony as well, but I think Sony assures itself on the basis that everyone keeps showing up to theaters. Us fans might be part of the problem.

The theme could be slightly darker than TASM2's. Not completely like TASM1, but enough to show that it's in line with Peter's love life (or lack thereof) and the formation of the Sinister Six.

I agree with the rest. More Ben and May, less about the parents. If they still don't conclude the story of his parents by TASM3, we are going to have a Spidey-universe server overload with the amount of characters that will be shown in the film.

Last edited:
Not an average spider-man movie? How about spider-man vs the sinister 6 with venom and black cat, that could be spectacular

I think it seems very likely the sinister 6 will be in TASM3

But unlike TASM2 we will already know these characters and won't need to be introduced and developed so more room for Peter

It sounds as if it could be epic but that is just way too many characters that we'll see battling on-screen; 9 characters having an equal number of fight scenes and characters such as Peter, Aunt May and possibly Mary Jane too needing room to breathe in the film and have their own plot going on. I know the S6 and Black Cat will have their own movies to be developed in but I really don't want another messy Spider-Man film again.

It could work on the same level as The Avengers and just be a very simple film, with plenty of action and cool character moments too BUT I want TASM3 to be the "The Dark Knight" of Spider-Man films; it's about time that we got a Spider-Man film on the same level of that.

Last edited:
I hope S6 covers everything we need to know about the villains, and lets their stories naturally come into fruition in TASM3. My point is, there's definitely going to be more than 2 in the film; but it's all a matter of how they're utilized. I honestly will lose faith in Sony as well, but I think Sony assures itself on the basis that everyone keeps showing up to theaters. Us fans might be part of the problem.

The theme could be slightly darker than TASM2's. Not completely like TASM1, but enough to show that it's in line with Peter's love life (or lack thereof) and the formation of the Sinister Six.

I agree with the rest. More Ben and May, less about the parents. If they still don't conclude the story of his parents by TASM3, we are going to have a Spidey-universe server overload with the amount of characters that will be shown in the film.

Honestly, I think it will only really be Spider-Man fans that will go see the S6 and that is IF it looks any good. If the film actually turns out to be really good (at least 75% on Rotten Tomatoes and a similar score on IMDB) then hopefully word of mouth will be good enough for Sony to make money from this film and do something good with TASM3. Even if it was "okay", what if it didn't make enough money? It could end up doing a "Scott Pilgrim" and being really a good film but being a flop and not making enough money.

Maybe the parents storyline can get wrapped in the S6 and at the start of TASM3 if they were to lead into each other...?

Sinister Six:

Doc Ock: Benedict Cumberbatch
Mysterio: Benedict Cumberbatch
Vulture: Bryan Cranston
Kraven: Bryan Cranston

Everybody else: Jensen Ackles

You forgot something..

Mary Jane: Jennifer Lawrence
Black Cat: Jennifer Lawrence
Betty Brant: Jennifer Lawrence

;)

Honestly, I think it will only really be Spider-Man fans that will go see the S6 and that is IF it looks any good. If the film actually turns out to be really good (at least 75% on Rotten Tomatoes and a similar score on IMDB) then hopefully word of mouth will be good enough for Sony to make money from this film and do something good with TASM3. Even if it was "okay", what if it didn't make enough money? It could end up doing a "Scott Pilgrim" and being really a good film but being a flop and not making enough money.

Maybe the parents storyline can get wrapped in the S6 and at the start of TASM3 if they were to lead into each other...?

I believe Spider-Man fans will be aware of the concept behind S6, but they still need to somehow appeal to the general public. No matter what, that's still where majority of box office numbers come from. Everyone still generally is aware and slightly interested in Spider-Man as a hero. I think if Sony advertises something along the lines of villains that are out for the "end of Spider-Man," that itself should spark more interest. I still can't understand the low box office numbers produced by TASM2. In fact, I can see S6 doing similar, if not slightly better numbers.

The parents being mentioned in S6 is something I've been curious about. Maybe this is where they bring back the whole aspect of Oscorp's surveillance of Peter. Also, The Gentlemen knows about Peter's parents too, based on how TASM1 ended. I still wouldn't be surprised if the parents storyline made it's way to TASM3, just because how dedicated they've been to it already.

For ASM 3 the drama should come from Peter and May on one side and the interactions of the S6 on the other side. Enough with the parents plotline and enough with the love interests, the latter especially has been done to death.

Do the 'Master Planner' storyline where Peter has to deal with his aunt being seriously ill and having to take down the S6 whilst looking for a cure. Let Peter grieve for Gwen for one movie without throwing him into another relationship at the first oppotunity.

That's a great idea. Heck, maybe he might get luck from something from oscorp to help him with his cure like some few chemical components or some stuff

You could even have Peter come up with the cure from his own blood but needing a specific isotope (maybe at Special Projects) so it doesn't kill aunt. This would really push Peter's scientific genius.

You could even have Peter come up with the cure from his own blood but needing a specific isotope (maybe at Special Projects) so it doesn't kill aunt. This would really push Peter's scientific genius.

I love the idea already. The S6 could figure out what Peter was doing too and end up ruining the cure for him e.g. by planting the wrong isotope for him to find and Doc Ock would be in charge of that seeing as he'd be the brains of the S6.

I believe Spider-Man fans will be aware of the concept behind S6, but they still need to somehow appeal to the general public. No matter what, that's still where majority of box office numbers come from. Everyone still generally is aware and slightly interested in Spider-Man as a hero. I think if Sony advertises something along the lines of villains that are out for the "end of Spider-Man," that itself should spark more interest. I still can't understand the low box office numbers produced by TASM2. In fact, I can see S6 doing similar, if not slightly better numbers.

The parents being mentioned in S6 is something I've been curious about. Maybe this is where they bring back the whole aspect of Oscorp's surveillance of Peter. Also, The Gentlemen knows about Peter's parents too, based on how TASM1 ended. I still wouldn't be surprised if the parents storyline made it's way to TASM3, just because how dedicated they've been to it already.

If Andrew Garfield is involved in a minor role and the general audience watch the film, see that Peter Parker is in the film and understand that it's meant to be setting up TASM3 then I think it would do well enough as a film (considered it's written and directed well) and spark enough interest for TASM3.

As for the parents storyline, I, along with many others, just want them to resolve that in a quick and satisfying way. If the parents are going to tie in to the actual S6 team somehow, then the motivations for them wanting to kill Spider-Man (or whatever they want to accomplish as a team) need to be very good.

If Andrew Garfield is involved in a minor role and the general audience watch the film, see that Peter Parker is in the film and understand that it's meant to be setting up TASM3 then I think it would do well enough as a film (considered it's written and directed well) and spark enough interest for TASM3.

As for the parents storyline, I, along with many others, just want them to resolve that in a quick and satisfying way. If the parents are going to tie in to the actual S6 team somehow, then the motivations for them wanting to kill Spider-Man (or whatever they want to accomplish as a team) need to be very good.

I think if the story is well-written and the villains are utilized properly, those two factors themselves should be enough to generate interest for TASM3. Personally, though, I would definitely want to see Peter in a scene or two. Having him there, especially showing how he directly/indirectly has impacted the villains, adds more depth to the film. On the other hand, I can easily see Sony advertising Garfield as if he's playing a major role, when he'll really only have a cameo.

Maybe the research Richard was conducting could have highly benefitted The Gentleman/S6 as well, as Norman had planned to get rid of him for his own reasons. This is really the only way I'll understand the producers prolonging the parents storyline. It's also why, despite having mixed feelings about it, I tell everyone else to be patient and see what happens in the upcoming films before dropping the hammer on this series.

anything from enstarz.com is 99% fake

that 1% is pure possibility

If you acted in SPIDER-MAN, would you happen to 'not see it'? No f-in way!

Actually you can. Michael Caine once stated that he has never seen Jaws: The Revenge in it's entirety, despite playing one of the main characters in that movie. When you're acting, you're focused on your one job and you may very well shoot your scenes before the movie is even close to being finished. So you may very well not actually SEE the movie proper until you go to the theatre, or there's a private screening, or something like that.

Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick Grimes in the The Walking Dead states that he never watches the show. Of course, he knows what's going on in the show and the direction it's going in but he personally doesn't like watching himself in performances which I think is a cool technique and very modest of him as it helps keep his character from being like himself and I think if there's ever any point where he sees his own performance and doesn't like something, he'll begin to feel insecure and maybe change the way he portrays his character, giving an inconsistent performance.

I can understand if other actors do the same too though I'm sure they have to watch their film (if they've done a film) at least once (at the premiere? Or do they just show up on the red carpet and go get ice-cream whilst everyone else watches the film?).

They really need to avoid Spider-Man being in the S6 movie (end credits aside) because you show Spider-Man and the audience expectation is Spidey and the S6 will fight at the end of the movie. The movie isn't about Spidey it's about the S6 and that is where the focus needs to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"