• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the best thing about that MTV show, shame that the actual show wasn't that good.
it was decent and tamed because they had to stay in the movie world.....and it was on mtv lol. He nailed spidey and Pete. Andrew even looks like that version of peter parker aswell.

it was decent and tamed because they had to stay in the movie world.....and it was on mtv lol. He nailed spidey and Pete. Andrew even looks like that version of peter parker aswell.

[YT]spyuEVlW11U[/YT]

aha lol i was gonna edit that post to say i'm probably in the minority that actually enjoyed it, or at least until they started coming up with their own villains and cross referencing characters. (ie. Black Cat now looks like the next tombraider?!) For the most part I think they got the core characters such as Harry and MJ right too.

You know what this thread needs?

[YT]kl6jwab3HWk[/YT]

I love how everyone was complaining about this field goal post deal when no one ever complained about the following...

A.) Peter fleeing a student-filled cafeteria with a web attached to his wrist.
B.) Peter doing a double backflip to avoid someone tackling him from behind
C.) Peter punching a kid 10 feet down a hallway
D.) Peter climbing a wall in broad daylight, followed by jumping from building to building and then proceeding to webswing across a relatively low rooftop.
E.) Saving innocent bystanders by attaching web to their back and pulling them to safety
F.) Showing his face to 80+ people in a crowded train
G.) Standing on a nearby rooftop with his mask off during a celebration for him. He then swings off this very rooftop seconds later
H.) Fighting with his mask off with news camera and bystanders everywhere

GOD FORBID THEY DECIDE TO HAVE A BIT OF FUN WITH A SCENE IN THIS MOVIE THOUGH!

Disclaimer: I'm not complaining about any of those things happening in the Raimi films because it's a MOVIE. If we want to get into realism here, then this movie just shouldn't even exist because Spider-Man could never and will never exist in reality. Give me a break.

I love how everyone was complaining about this field goal post deal when no one ever complained about the following...

D.) Peter climbing a wall in broad daylight, followed by jumping from building to building and then proceeding to webswing across a relatively low rooftop.
E.) Saving innocent bystanders by attaching web to their back and pulling them to safety
G.) Standing on a nearby rooftop with his mask off during a celebration for him. He then swings off this very rooftop seconds later

Disclaimer: I'm not complaining about any of those things happening in the Raimi films because it's a MOVIE. If we want to get into realism here, then this movie just shouldn't even exist because Spider-Man could never and will never exist in reality. Give me a break.

I concur.

This is awesome! :woot:

Yeah that was before hip hop was seduced by the dark side and all the best rappers were lost to order 66. :jedi

But yeah SM1 was filled with plenty of unrealistic and silly stuff.

Any remember the pumpkin bomb that turns executives into skeletons. :doh:

Yeah that was before hip hop was seduced by the dark side and all the best rappers were lost to order 66. :jedi

And Harry survives one to the face with just a few scars

Thats post is as idiotic as its get.The top 4 is when he is still discovering his powers and is totally surprised with himself.TOTALLY believable,unlike jumping up and sticking to the subway train roof

The last 4 are beleivable aswell,unlike what we have seen in the trailers when he just takes of the mask for the sake of it.

I am sick of people making fun of the Riami trilogy,its the best CB trilogy to date and if TASM is lucky it can be half as good as the first movie

And yes I dont nitpick but the goal post scene is ridiculous,the CGI doesnt look right there,they overdid it aswell,just a simple catch without looking to stop the ball from hitting Gwen would have been enough and it would have shown his spidersense aswell

I really hope this film Isn't mostly Ultimate Spider-Man the movie

Having said that the film has this going for It

Andrew garfield looks like a good live action Peter Parker

Peter Is actully smart

Peter designs web shooters

Spider-Man wise cracking with car thief In trailer Is better at wise cracking that all three Rami films combined

Gwen Stacy as Peter Parker's first Love

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy from 616 Universe brought to life.Gwen attended science classes with Peter.She was both smart and beautiful.

Spider-Man with police chasing after him and actully has some people mistrusting him.

There may be their own version of death of Captain Stacy In the film.Which would be nice setup for Introduction of J.Jonah jameson In sequel.

When Peter jumps to the roof is when he is woken up on the train, it was just reflex response he's surprised himself not knowing what is going on

Thats post is as idiotic as its get.The top 4 is when he is still discovering his powers and is totally surprised with himself.TOTALLY believable,unlike jumping up and sticking to the subway train roof

The last 4 are beleivable aswell,unlike what we have seen in the trailers when he just takes of the mask for the sake of it.

I am sick of people making fun of the Riami trilogy,its the best CB trilogy to date and if TASM is lucky it can be half as good as the first movie

And yes I dont nitpick but the goal post scene is ridiculous,the CGI doesnt look right there,they overdid it aswell,just a simple catch without looking to stop the ball from hitting Gwen would have been enough and it would have shown his spidersense aswell
BRTky.jpg

Last edited:

According to Method Man, the last of the hardcore MC's are working on a cure, that will end the pestilence. And if my embed function was working right, I'd post an excellent Wu video with a spider-man reference in it, just for Scarletless

Dude, relax lol. People are going to have different opinions, that's why we're all here. Those three movies aren't without their flaws, hell, no movie is, even the Godfather. As far as the trailers have shown for this movie, in what scene do you see his mask off just for the sake of it? You only have context for one scene with the kid on the bridge and there is a good reason for why he took his mask off there. Now, whether you agree with that is something different entirely, but the reasoning is pretty obvious and I wouldn't call it a no good one. Him being on the subway car and jumping up, how do you know he's not discovering his powers there as well? In a very similar way to how he jumped out of the way of a car in Amazing Fantasy 15, he was startled, he reacted and ended up on a roof.

And the top 4 are one of the best sequences in comic book movie universe,all of my friends totally loved those scenes back then,it had comedic value along with sense of fascination on how a super powered teenager would discover his power

[E.) Saving innocent bystanders by attaching web to their back and pulling them to safety]
You are right,he should just let them get crushed to their death,that would've been realistic

[G.) Standing on a nearby rooftop with his mask off during a celebration for him. He then swings off this very rooftop seconds later]
Just watch the preview,Peter changes into the spidey suit on top of the bridge

[H.) Fighting with his mask off with news camera and bystanders everywhere]
When did this happen

[D.) Peter climbing a wall in broad daylight,]
It was a deserted back alley

[F.) Showing his face to 80+ people in a crowded train]
I agree it was a bit ridiculous,but stopping the train needs immense power and stamina and they needed to showcase his expressions,which is why he had to be unmasked then,A wise decision by the movie makers

When Peter jumps to the roof is when he is woken up on the train, it was just reflex response he's surprised himself not knowing what is going on

Exactly,its his spidersense

The same things happens when he is being attacked by flash's thugs from behind.And that is more believable than the train scene

Can we just agree that are good movies, any kind of movie has it´s silly moments and i bet that TASM will get them too (football scene as evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"