The Amazing Spider-Man v.2 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview is up:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11778
(I'm behind on the politics of the board, but I remember there was a site we weren't supposed to post stuff from, is this it? If so, uber sorry)

Thoughts:
Art looks great! Man, look at the detail on Ock; you really get a sense of how bad off he is. I mean it's been there for quite a while, but gah, he's got wires and minor blood stains all over his head and face.

This is quite an interesting angle; I really hope it delivers.

Create a world-crisis, then demand the people let him save them so he can be a hero. He's taking on a Lex Luthor mentality there.

Preview is up:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11778
(I'm behind on the politics of the board, but I remember there was a site we weren't supposed to post stuff from, is this it? If so, uber sorry)

Thoughts:
Art looks great! Man, look at the detail on Ock; you really get a sense of how bad off he is. I mean it's been there for quite a while, but gah, he's got wires and minor blood stains all over his head and face.

This is quite an interesting angle; I really hope it delivers.

Comic Book Movie is the big no-no around here. CBR is alright.

I'm really looking forward to "Ends". I'm dying to see where Ock ends up after this.....perhaps his memory will haunt Spidey like Kraven did all those years.

Hippie Hunter: Ah, thank you. :D

WolfCypher; Interesting Av, it makes me think of Ann Weying in mid symbiote transformation heh. :)

Sooooo...I'm not enjoying ASM anymore...haven't been since Spider-Island ended. I don't know if I'm not feeling Dan Slott's writing anymore or not, but I do know one thing I'm tired of is how much time Spidey is spending with the Avengers & Friends. We get it...he's an Avenger now; bully for him. That's why we have Spider-Man in the Avengers books. That's why we have Avenging Spider-Man. I would actually like an issue of ASM where Spider-Man does NOT meet up, team-up, play poker with, drop by for a visit of, or call in any Avenger or F4 member. What was the last issue that was just Spider-Man? I wanna say that Vulture 2-parter, but I honestly didn't commit to that "arc".

Probably because Comic Book Movie cried about it and CBR doesn't care.

Part 1 of "Ends of the Earth" was the first Spider-Man comic I've read in years. What can I say? I've always been a sucker for the Sinister Six, Doctor Octopus in particular, so I really couldn't resist jumping on for this arc. I liked it. At last, after my complaints about One More Day regressing Peter Parker, we once again have development for his character, a sense that he's growing up. I loved the angle of his inventions being patented and helping the world. And Doc Ock's plan is a clever one. Though they'll be missing a trick if they don't call back to that brilliant oneshot from the early 90s when Doctor Octopus came within an inch of curing cancer, but was foiled by Spider-Man, who thought he was trying to do something nefarious.

Part 1 of "Ends of the Earth" was the first Spider-Man comic I've read in years. What can I say? I've always been a sucker for the Sinister Six, Doctor Octopus in particular, so I really couldn't resist jumping on for this arc. I liked it. At last, after my complaints about One More Day regressing Peter Parker, we once again have development for his character, a sense that he's growing up. I loved the angle of his inventions being patented and helping the world. And Doc Ock's plan is a clever one. Though they'll be missing a trick if they don't call back to that brilliant oneshot from the early 90s when Doctor Octopus came within an inch of curing cancer, but was foiled by Spider-Man, who thought he was trying to do something nefarious.

You would probably like the whole of Dan Slott's run then. Start with the beginning of Big Time and you won't be disappointed. There are some spots where it gets a bit much (mainly Carlie Cooper) but for the most part Slott's run is right up there with the beginning of the JMS run.

I enjoyed EotE pt1. I like that Spider-Man took charge of an Avengers meeting and rallied the troops. This is the only book where Spidey is an important Avenger. Everywhere else, he's just.....there.

I posted this over in the Spider-Man comics forum but since not many people pay attention to that area of the Hype sometimes, I'll post it here in the official ASM thread too.

So Dan Slott has been saying for a while now that he's building towards something huge in ASM #700 calling it the biggest thing he's ever done over his 20 year career. He also threw the line "break the internet in half" out there, saying that he knows the line gets thrown around a lot but he's serious that something big is planned.

So my question to you all is what do you think it is?

Now Slott is a pretty original guy, so I wouldn't expect another clone, wedding (even though I think he wants to get Pete and MJ back together before his run ends), death of Aunt May or secret identity reveal.

I think it's going to go one of two ways. Either a pregnancy (which kinda would be a rehash, even though the baby never saw the light of day) or..........................

Uncle Ben comes back from the dead. That certainly "crack the internet in half" material, don't you think?

My theory is that since the story leading up to #700 in #698-699 is ominously called "Dying Wish": Doc Ock is still alive but is on life support now and pretty much can't do anything, I'm guessing somehow he'll force Spidey to pull the plug on him because he knows that would damage Spidey worse than anything else he could have done.

Spidey has said before that if he killed anybody he couldn't be Spider-Man anymore, and with the hints to a new Spider-Man taking over for the last year or so (also the 50th anniversary story which is remaining shrouded for some reason, with the "Alpha" teasers about a new character and stuff). So new Spidey in #700 at the end of the 50th year somehow I'm guessing. I just hope Peter doesn't die, Dan Slott just said the other day "He's saved New York, he's saved the world, next he has to try and save himself".

I don't know, they already killed off ultimate Spider-Man I really doubt they would do so again (or even have him quite (again).

Ugh, I really hope that's not it. I'm liking where things are now. We don't need a shake up that has Pete "dead", or quitting for the umteenth time.

This 700th issue is sounding like its going to be bigger than One More Day in terms of status quo changing ramifications. I'm both excited and nervous. What is it that Dan could possibly do to Spider-man that would be so huge or bigger than what One More Day did to him? Here's my guess, they've been saying that whatever is going to happen is not only going to change Spiderman but the entire Marvel universe...are they going to finally de-age him? With the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon in effect and the Amazing Spider-man movie surely to become as huge success...will they find someway to bring Peter back to being a teenager again?

This 700th issue is sounding like its going to be bigger than One More Day in terms of status quo changing ramifications. I'm both excited and nervous. What is it that Dan could possibly do to Spider-man that would be so huge or bigger than what One More Day did to him? Here's my guess, they've been saying that whatever is going to happen is not only going to change Spiderman but the entire Marvel universe...are they going to finally de-age him? With the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon in effect and the Amazing Spider-man movie surely to become as huge success...will they find someway to bring Peter back to being a teenager again?

I hope not. I have problems with OMD regressing the character. Making him a teen again is a deal breaker.

De-aging would serve absolutely no purpose and I would be annoyed. What would the point of it all be? He's finally moving forward (getting a job that utilizes his talents, growing as a hero) what stories could you tell as him being a deaged teen? We've had YEARS of Ultimate Spidey who died well before his 20s. Going back would not only be redundant, but it would truly set him back even further.

I can see Peter giving up his job at Horizon Labs on account that Ock was using his tech in EoTE...

Sadly I can too, it was great while it lasted... :( I just don't want him to go back to being a photographer again.

I doubt that would happen... he's pretty much been blacklisted from that job...

Ugh. They're changing his status qou again?

They've finally reached one I like right now. This book is pretty much perfect at the moment. Carlie's out of the picture. He's good a good job. The stories have been good.

Peter Parker stands a better chance at coming back as Ultimate Spder-Man than 616 of becoming a teen again. I just dont see that

Ugh. They're changing his status qou again?

No... nothing has been announced...

But Peter realized that all the new gadegtry that Ock had been using as of late in his attempt to kill all mankind as we knew it (a 99.992% successful kill rate), had been modifications to all the recent new tech that Peter created at Horizon Labs...

I'm not saying he's going to quit his job, but you know how hard Peter is on himself... and he'll blame himself for almost bringing mankind to it's destruction at Ock's hands (and ultimately, through Peter's hands)... so it's easy to see why he would quit this job...

:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"