The artwork of 0neDisturbedSOB

Reaction score
Since everyone has their own thread full of great comic and non-comic related artwork I thought I'd start my own. I've got a ton of stuff scattered in various threads so I thought I'd post some some stuff that has been shown before, and some that hasn't (both comic and non-comic related).

This stuff was done over many, many years from pencil sketches, to ink work to the first time I attempted to use Adobe Illustrator (6 years ago). I am always open to any comments/criticism you might have, just as long as there's no arguing going on....I'm not even going to go through that again.

Hope you like it!

Some freelance work I did for a new TV station dedicated to "X-treme" sports. These were done about 4 years ago all in Illustrator. Sadly the station never got picked up, but hey, I got paid for my time and got some cool portfolio pieces out of it.

ALIVE-TV.jpg

EDGE-TV.jpg

The VERY FIRST Illustrator piece I ever did. Obviously it's the logo from the "Batman/Superman Adventures" ok Kids WB! a few years back. I was pretty happy when I finished it because I learned how to use different shades of colors to achieve different effects, and I could duplicate something pretty spot on.

Batman_Supermanlogo.jpg

DVD disc covers I did for the fan film "Batman: Dead End". These were done about 2 years ago for Sandy Collora (the director).

DeadEndlabel.jpg

Misc. clothing designs I did while I was working as a designer for a clothing company. A lot of these actually went into production, the ones that didn't I kept the rights to (such as the american flag one below....notice it on my Captain America redesign?)

Made-in-the-USA.jpg

Clothing-Labels.jpg

Cherry-Delight2.jpg

Cherry-Delight.jpg

HEDZ.jpg

A logo and T-shirt design I did for a friend of mine who owns the local comic book shop. He told me he wanted an Ed McGuinness-esque superhero (oversized muscles) with a really corny almost comical face. He really liked the picture McGuinness did of Superman flying straight up so we used that as a basis for the picture. He had these screen printed onto shirts for last years SDCC. The logo took about 30min, and the t-shirt design took around 10hrs to complete.

Beach-Ball-logo.jpg

BeachBallT-shirt.jpg

Some fun Batman & Spider-Man pics I did using the look from "iMucha Lucha!". These were done about a year or so ago all in Illustrator, and they took about 2hrs each.

MUCHA-LUCHA-Batman.jpg

MUCHA-LUCHA-Spider-Man.jpg

A recreation of a Teen Titans pic I saw and loved when the show was starting up. This was done all in Illustrator with the original pic as a template. It took around 12hrs to do because of all of the complex shading some of the characters have. I really like this pic because it reminds me of a 70's poster with the different characters in different colors.

TeenTitans2.jpg

Another recreation of a scene from "The Batman" teaser that was aired about a year ago promoting the show. A friend screen capped this scene because I loved it so much and I went to work to see if I could do it. The screen cap was thumbnail so I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate or not. This only took about 1hr to do. I decided to place the "wireframe" model above the final picture to show the construction. I recreated the logo from the show, dropped it in with the little comic "blurbs" and it was done.

THE-BATMAN-Batmobile-interi.jpg

Batarang from "The Batman". I liked the design and did the drawing while I had the show on pause then made this to make it look like an official conceptual piece. This only took about 20min from start to finish.

THE-BATMAN-Batarang.jpg

Drawing I did of Bale's head from Batman Begins. I simplified the shadows and cut these out into stickers....actually turned out pretty good. These took about 1hr to complete.

Begins-head-sticker.jpg

Some of my personal favorites. Logos & weapon designs I did when I was on my initial redesign kick alittle over a year ago. I had always wanted to see a darker year one style animated show so I did an entire line of redesigns (that started my whole urge to redesign every character). These are some original logos/weapon designs I came up with for fun.

BATMAN-YEAR-ONE-Logo.jpg
This took about 20min to design, and about 5min to actually execute. I really like the unique shape of this one.

Batman-Year-One-alt-logo.jpg
Same timeframe as the one above.

BATMAN-YEAR-ONE-Batarang-co.jpg
This took about 5min to design (since it's basically a variation of the previous one I did) but about a 1.5hrs to execute because I had to research all of the technical jargain to make it look "official".

BATMAN-YEAR-ONE-Mini-Batara.jpg
Same timeframe as one above.

BATMAN-YEAR-ONE-Grappling-g.jpg
Design took about 30min since it's based on his gun from TAS. The other stuff like the technical breakdown took about 45min.

Ninja-Batman-logo.jpg
Original logo concept for my "Ninja Batman" character. The design took about 15min to do and the execution took around 5. I REALLY like this one because it's so unique. It resembles the Batman Beyond logo slightly, but it looks almost dragon-esque.

Some quick head sketches I did in pen. These didn't take more than 5min each.

Headsketches01.jpg

Hulkanime01.jpg

Ninja-Batman-head--logos.jpg
You can see some of my notes on redesigning the logo.

Batgirlheadsketch.jpg

Spidey-head.jpg

That's it for now. I've got a TON of more stuff to show, but I'll leave this for now. Comments are always welcome!

Mmmm...the sweet taste of awesome. Man. I've always loved your stuff, SOB. Your skilled faboulously in Illustrator and you can handle a pencil amazingly. I always look forward to seeing what you've got next. Those t-shirt and logo designs are awesome. I'm glad you've finally started your own thread.

Sweet Crap on a stick! Those are some awesome concept drawings.

Thanks everyone. I started my own thread right before I started doing my initial redesigns and no one seemed to care. After I started doing them people started to take interest, hopefully now that I have some more stuff to throw up here you guys will stick around.

More to come!

cool stuff, very graphic. some of that stuff would be awsome t shirts.

heh, memories come back again. Lets see how long this thread can go before it turns into a rambling rant-fight contest soon....

everybody watch out for Bob!

As always SoB, wonderful work man. I've enjoyed looking at your stuff over the last couple years.

tylerscad2003 said:
heh, memories come back again. Lets see how long this thread can go before it turns into a rambling rant-fight contest soon....

As always SoB, wonderful work man. I've enjoyed looking at your stuff over the last couple years.

Hopefully we can avoid the arguing on this thread.

NICE JOB! Click on the looking for artist and colorist link in my sig. You may be intrested

tylerscad2003 said:
I do so hope you are not referring to me, when you say "Bob". If so, I must ask what warranted this statement from you.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
DVD disc covers I did for the fan film "Batman: Dead End". These were done about 2 years ago for Sandy Collora (the director).

DeadEndlabel.jpg

You know sandy collora did he use those? Your a star!

Love the tv ones too hella cool:)

You should add your cap too!

RAMORE said:
You know sandy collora did he use those? Your a star!

Love the tv ones too hella cool:)

Sandy and I WERE close friends at one point, sort of like a mentor to me but that all went south about a year ago. I actually worked on "Dead End", even got credited at the end. These are the OFFICIAL labels that he used for the DVDs he made, if you have an official one this label is on it.

sweet sob's a superstar *he say as he smells the fingers he just had in his pits*

So what happened why aren't yall buds now? If you don't want to say thats cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"