The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that concept art is really cool. Blood and Chrome looks like it will be some awesome sci-fi.

Concept art looks cool....like real sci-fi. But this will probably just be more whiney dark sci-drama.

Concept art looks cool....like real sci-fi. But this will probably just be more whiney dark sci-drama.

You think so? I've heard Blood and Chrome will be more action based.

People can't seem to handle anything that doesn't have explosions in it.

Looks great, wonder what that monster looking thing is in the third piece.

Nice looking concept art. Can't wait for Blood and Chrome. The plot sounds definitely interesting.

hmm, I well they'd be less sex that's for sure, question is, how much? I guess the semi-perfect six cylon in there means possibly a whole other sixies beening created and we'll be able to see that place somewhere. It is interesting seening the six there and the snow planet reminds me of the original BSG episode "The gun on ice planet zero".

That can't be Six. I don't think the final five had found the cylons yet.

True. If this is taking place during the cylon war, it isn't her. The eight humanoid cylons only came into existence when the final five put a stop to the war by offering the centurions the humanoid models. It could be an attempt by the centurions to make their own humanoid model, though.

yeah we did see them experimenting with that stuff in Razor.

True. If this is taking place during the cylon war, it isn't her. The eight humanoid cylons only came into existence when the final five put a stop to the war by offering the centurions the humanoid models. It could be an attempt by the centurions to make their own humanoid model, though.

I could see that....they were trying and failing, then the five showed up and showed them how to do it proper

I could see that....they were trying and failing, then the five showed up and showed them how to do it proper

Could be a future version of Zoe. I'd be really disappointed if they just retcon the stuff that happens in Caprica.

they could totally ignore Caprica and Id be fine with that

I just read what happens in the last five episodes that haven't aired in the US yet.
The William Adama in the show is killed off and the second son from another woman is named William Adama, and that's the Admiral in BSG. That all just seems so far-fetched and weird. Oh, and Zoe is but in a "skinjob" suit, so that could be here in the bot, with skin on it like a Terminator."

I just read what happens in the last five episodes that haven't aired in the US yet.
The William Adama in the show is killed off and the second son from another woman is named William Adama, and that's the Admiral in BSG. That all just seems so far-fetched and weird.

Eh. I dont mind it so much. Bill said as an adult that his mother was a woman named Evelyn, not Shannon. Also, given the kids age, if Willie Adama and Bill Adama were one and the same, Bill would've been in his seventies by the end of BSG. I just cant buy that. And I prefer to think of Bill Adama as being a badass mother****er from birth... Willie Adama? Not so much.
Here's the final scene that shows him...
[YT]eTZDqbVhBoM[/YT]
He's got the blue eyes too.

Arr forgot that detail, looks like one of the six promo pictures around on Google, same-ish pose. Maybe they still put that attempt as a base for six and the final five modified it to be successful, though of course Cavil is the first one made, so this is completed later on.

the cylons on the colonies were already experimenting with biological stuff before the final five. So there could be some more advanced cylons that we haven't seen in this universe. early baseship Hybrids etc.

I hope they show us what happens to all the other robots. It seemed like at the end of caprica, one could buy a robot to do just about anything. So outside of the cylon combat droid, there may be any number of civilian use cylons models. Butler bots, cleaning bots, sexbots, etc. I wonder what happened to those?

I just hope the show is authentic, and that all the peices fit properly... none of this leave it to the interpretation of the audience bs.

the cylons on the colonies were already experimenting with biological stuff before the final five. So there could be some more advanced cylons that we haven't seen in this universe. early baseship Hybrids etc.

I hope they show us what happens to all the other robots. It seemed like at the end of caprica, one could buy a robot to do just about anything. So outside of the cylon combat droid, there may be any number of civilian use cylons models. Butler bots, cleaning bots, sexbots, etc. I wonder what happened to those?

I just hope the show is authentic, and that all the peices fit properly... none of this leave it to the interpretation of the audience bs.

I don't mind that sort of thing on occasion

Thanks for posting that video, Sawyer. I hadn't seen that, and it's fantastic. That had been written/filmed before cancellation right? Because I'm trying hard to understand the argument that the show was too slow or "took too long" - I mean, that's episode 18 of the 1st season. I'd say it got pretty damn far in such a short amount of time.

What really killed this show, imo, was 2 things: 1.) The unedited pilot. Now THAT was self-indulgent and dragged on too long before getting to a point. My fellow BSG-obsessed friend watched just over an hour of it before giving it up. It's a shame that SyFy let that thing float around for so long before actually starting the series. Which brings me to 2.) SyFy taking so long to air it. I can understand breaking up the seasons like that with something more suspense and action-oriented like BSG, but this was a quiet, contemplative show. Long hiatuses are NOT the way to hold people's interest in a show like that.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that video, Sawyer. I hadn't seen that, and it's fantastic. That had been written/filmed before cancellation right? Because I'm trying hard to understand the argument that the show was too slow or "took too long" - I mean, that's episode 18 of the 1st season. I'd say it got pretty damn far in such a short amount of time.

What really killed this show, imo, was 2 things: 1.) The unedited pilot. Now THAT was self-indulgent and dragged on too long before getting to a point. My fellow BSG-obsessed friend watched just over an hour of it before giving it up. It's a shame that SyFy let that thing float around for so long before actually starting the series. Which brings me to 2.) SyFy taking so long to air it. I can understand breaking up the seasons like that with something more suspense and action-oriented like BSG, but this was a quiet, contemplative show. Long hiatuses are NOT the way to hold people's interest in a show like that.

indeed, the cancellations on Scifi this year have nothing to do with the quality of the product, but with the way they were distributed. The blame should fall directly on syfy itself, not the production crew or cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"