World The best parts of SuperMan TAS.

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was just sitting here thinking of my fave Superman TAS moments.

I really love the origin story, the first Bizarro, and all the Batman team-ups.

There were a bunch of other great moments in the show also of course.

I always thought it would be funny like in that scene when Supergirl had to control the Superman robots when Kal-El was missing, and she'd forget herself and sit down to pee, and you'd see Clark just squatting in the middle of the side walk staring blankly into space. :woot:

But anyway, the Green Lantern origin episode was very cool aswell. I just wish they had used Hal instead of Kyle.

Still very good though. This show just rocks. They did so many wonderful things with it. I think it would've been more beautiful if done in the style that the early Batman cartoons were done, obviously not as dark, but, with more of that style.

It still looked good though.

Another of my faves was when that alien thing, "Krypto" was gnawing on Bizarro and he's just loving it, thinking he loves him like man's best friend.:yay:

My favorite episodes are The Last son of Krypton, The Main Man, Mxyzpixilated, World's finest, and Little Girl Lost.

I just liked the entire show... I never really did have a favorite part to it.

BATMAN TAS : Knightfall, episode when :supes: don the mantle of the :batman:
SWEET! :woot:

I liked the episode called "A Little Piece of Home," where Lex Luthor first discovered the effects of kryptonite on Superman.

My favorite moment is, ironically, near the end of the finale - with Darkseid beaten and defeated, his slaves gather around him and - instead of doing away with him - start to take him away for safety and healing. Superman's expression is that of pure confusion, as was the case with anyone watching that episode for the first time. Darkseid explains in one statement: "Here, Superman...I am God."

(I know he said something else too, but that was what drove it home)

I don't know, I just found it to be a very poignant moment. GREAT series. :word:

My favorite moment is, ironically, near the end of the finale - with Darkseid beaten and defeated, his slaves gather around him and - instead of doing away with him - start to take him away for safety and healing. Superman's expression is that of pure confusion, as was the case with anyone watching that episode for the first time. Darkseid explains in one statement: "Here, Superman...I am God."

(I know he said something else too, but that was what drove it home)

I don't know, I just found it to be a very poignant moment. GREAT series. :word:

:up: :woot: I love that episode too!

Yeah, I love the movies (well, 1, 2, and SR), but TAS just got everything right. I agree in that I don't think I have too many favorite moments, but everything about the show was just spot-on.

Very true, since usually in these kind of shows A) the bad guy never manages to kill anyone, and B) recurring characters never die. Double whammy for those watching, definitely. :wow:

Yeah Dan Trippin's death had my jaw dropping. It was one of those special "Holy S**t!:wow:" moments that I enjoyed about the DCAU.:)

BATMAN TAS : Knightfall, episode when :supes: don the mantle of the :batman:
SWEET! :woot:

I LOVED that one too when Supes as Batman teams up as Robin and fights Mad Hatter, and Riddler. and Bane throws that large stone head thing at 'Batman' and it moves and there is 'Batman' holding it and throws it at Bane, and Robin says "he's been working out" LOL.

My favorite is in the first episode when Superman tries to save the jumbo jet by grabbing the rudder and it breaks off, ("nice one Clark.").

I was shocked when they killed Dan Turpin. That was big moment for me.

What was even more amazing was Superman's reaction. I don't think I've ever seen that kind of emotion in an animated show since then. It was actually...powerful.

What was even more amazing was Superman's reaction. I don't think I've ever seen that kind of emotion in an animated show since then. It was actually...powerful.
It was amazing but I think that Timm and co actually topped it several times in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series.

It was amazing but I think that Timm and co actually topped it several times in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series.

Agreed - still, for it's time, it was a really powerful moment. That's what makes that whole TV universe such a great experience.:word:

I LOVED that one too when Supes as Batman teams up as Robin and fights Mad Hatter, and Riddler. and Bane throws that large stone head thing at 'Batman' and it moves and there is 'Batman' holding it and throws it at Bane, and Robin says "he's been working out" LOL.

My favorite is in the first episode when Superman tries to save the jumbo jet by grabbing the rudder and it breaks off, ("nice one Clark.").

Is this episode, Knightfall on YouTube? I don't find it!

I love "my girl" with hot Lana and the aquaman episode.
I love almost everything in "Livewire" and "double dose".
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnd "Brave new Metropolis" !!!!!! :up:

I never got into the Superman cartoon, the square-jawed caveman look on Supes turned me off, but Tim Daly's voice was perfect.

I never got into the Superman cartoon, the square-jawed caveman look on Supes turned me off, but Tim Daly's voice was perfect.

Well, to be honest, most every male in the Timm-verse had a square jaw to at least some degree.:oldrazz:

But I'm assuming that's your point?:yay:

People call me crazy, but I think Tim Daly and Mark Hamill would be perfectly cast for the live-action roles of Superman and the Joker, respectively. The same would go for Kevin Conroy if he were just 10 years younger.

Bruce Timm should've seen the 80's Ruby Spears cartoon to see how Superman really is drawn.

Except the action scenes in S:TAS would have the same lack of punch or energy that the Ruby-Spears show did. There actually is a practical reason for Timm using the style that he used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"