• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Bourne Trilogy: Favorite?

Dammit, I love 'em all so much. Pretty hard honestly, but I'll say the first. They're all great though. :up:

VERY surprised this thread isnt getting more votes in. Seems Identity is the favourite with Ultimatum close behind. I personally still think BI is the best, and the series got progressivly worse, as i found the 3rd movie to be, though great, the worst of the 3.

Supremacy. Ultimatium's ending was sooo friggin corny. Other than that I liked it, but his entire swimming away just screamed "bad 80s action movie."

Ultimatium's ending was sooo friggin corny.

I agree. I don't think they knew how to end it. They wanted to leave it open to do a fourth. And they probably want to play on the symbolism of the trilogy ending the same way it started, with Bourne in a body of water, having just been shot. But I think they could've ended it better than that.

^Agreed, i also thought the 'big reveal' at the end of Ultimatum was incredibly lame and underwhelming, i thought it was pretty obvious from the start that he volunteered.

And before the movie, Greengrass said we would get all the answers in Ultimatum, and we found out NOTHING new.

^Agreed, i also thought the 'big reveal' at the end of Ultimatum was incredibly lame and underwhelming, i thought it was pretty obvious from the start that he volunteered.

And before the movie, Greengrass said we would get all the answers in Ultimatum, and we found out NOTHING new.

Yeah, did anyone actually suspect Bourne was being forced to be an assassin? I thought the first movie made it fairly clear that Bourne was a willing participant until he couldn't kill the guy infront of his children.

Yeah, did anyone actually suspect Bourne was being forced to be an assassin? I thought the first movie made it fairly clear that Bourne was a willing participant until he couldn't kill the guy infront of his children.

The first movie made this abundantly clear, they obviously never watched it properly before making Ultimatum. I was expecting something more exciting and shocking than something i already knew, it made the rest of movie pointless, and i firmly believe the last 30 mins of BU was the worst part of the trilogy.

I watched all 3 movies in one day the other day, and it really is a strong trilogy, one of the strongest since the LOTR trilogy. I also enjoyed Ultimatum a lot more when i watched it with the other movies, i dont why, but the movie just seemed to play better when watched immediatly after Supremecy.

I really enjoyed all 3 movies and Supremecy really has grown on me over the years, and Ultimatum is starting to now as well, i still consider Identity to be the best one, but my decision of which is the best is a lot harder for me now than it was even a couple of months ago.

Ultimatum was amazing. It was the most gritty/real.

I was very dissapointed with Ultimatum in the cinema, and that carried through to the DVD, but when i watched it with the other 2 the other day, it became a much better and more enjoyable movie for some reason.

Supremacy was my favorite. I just enjoyed more that the first and third one. If I were to rate them, it would go like this:

1. Supremacy
2. Identity
3. Ultimatum

I didn't like Ultimatum that much. The action was good...but that was just about it. Plus, I wasn't feeling the ending either. So it's definitely Supremacy for me.

^I know what you mean about the ending of Ultimatum, i thought the rest of the movie was superb, but the ending was just SO dissapointing, not to mention unrevealing.

I definitely enjoyed Ultimatum the most, but there was one thing that disappointed me about all the films....

I WANT MY CARLOS DAMMIT! :cmad::csad:

^I know what you mean about the ending of Ultimatum, i thought the rest of the movie was superb, but the ending was just SO dissapointing, not to mention unrevealing.

I was waiting for the fight between bourne and paz. It never happened but would of been cool. Bourne being "killed" but surviving only makes you
anticipate another chapter. Although he renounced violence you know it ain't over.

The first one is the best, does the best job fleshing out Jason and his world and story, as well of his methods. After that, it sort of became an excercise in "How do we visually top the last movie". The villains just feel more realistic and relevant in it. ULTIMATUM felt a bit Weapon X and "tacked on", although there was an amazing fight sequence in it.

I was waiting for the fight between bourne and paz. It never happened but would of been cool. Bourne being "killed" but surviving only makes you
anticipate another chapter. Although he renounced violence you know it ain't over.

I didnt think we wuld see Paz after the car chase in NY (another VERY dissapoint scene), i just expected more of a revelation in the last scene, something more than "You volunteered!!!" don don DON, sorry but that has been obvious from the start, a much better revelation would have been that to test Jason Bourne, and that David Webb was truly gone, the government had him take out his family as his first mission. Think of the emotion and shock if THAT would have been the revelation

The first one is the best, does the best job fleshing out Jason and his world and story, as well of his methods. After that, it sort of became an excercise in "How do we visually top the last movie". The villains just feel more realistic and relevant in it. ULTIMATUM felt a bit Weapon X and "tacked on", although there was an amazing fight sequence in it.

Agreed with all of this, especially the part about Ultimatum feeling VERY Weopon X.

That's all Ultimatum had going for it I thought...just the action.

True, but the ending also gave off a feeling of a fourth.

ULTIMATUM clearly ended like it did before to give a feeling of "full circle". Where that circle goes is...damn near anywhere, really.

^Thats the problem, the story came full circle without revealing anything new, honestly what did we find out in Ultimatum that was both new and worthwhile?

Agreed with all of this, especially the part about Ultimatum feeling VERY Weopon X.

Oh man. You should have seen right after Ultimatum was released. In that thread, xwolverine2 mentioned Weapon X, and TheVileOne ripped him to shreds about it.

:o

^Thats the problem, the story came full circle without revealing anything new, honestly what did we find out in Ultimatum that was both new and worthwhile?

That Bourne can drive a car in reverse off of a parking garage, and get out of that divider/bridge car crash without showing half the hurt he had after the tunnel crash in Supremacy.

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"