The Brootherhood of the Evil Mutants

Flashman

Civilian
Reaction score
Definitely,

Let's do a list of all the mutants (and their respective powers) in the C-UNIVERSE Brotherhood of Evil Mutants MARK II, because I'm a little bit lost.

MAGNETO - same as comics, less or more.
JUGGERNAUT - now a mutant, same powers, less or more.
ARCLIGHT - same powers? Was her either a Morlock or a Marauder in 616?
KID OMEGA - what a mess! I supposed the guy producing the marrow blades ('Spyke') was 'Kid Omega'... what's the friggin' relationship between an human porcupine and this fantastic name? Oh my God! What a mess.
SPYKE - see above.
CALLISTO - totally changed (for the best).
MULTIPLE MAN - the same, less or more. Spotted the symbol too!
PSYLOCKE - definitely, what are the powers of the C-Universe counterpart? SHADOWWHAT? Can we see her in action?

Beside, what's about the "Omega" symbol? What does it represent? What's the original name of the "elite" Magneto converted into his brotherhood?

Then? :marv:

i thought psylocke in the comics was supposed to be way cooler, her powers way crazier than in the movie. she seemed really insignificant.

Whoa....Uh,...let's take a look:

Flashman said:
Definitely,

Let's do a list of all the mutants (and their respective powers) in the C-UNIVERSE Brotherhood of Evil Mutants MARK II, because I'm a little bit lost.

MAGNETO - same as comics, less or more.
More or less, definitely

JUGGERNAUT - now a mutant, same powers, less or more.
Juggernaut is a mutant in Ultimate X-Men

ARCLIGHT - same powers? Was her either a Morlock or a Marauder in 616?
Arclight in the comics had superhuman strength and resistance. It's not shown whether she possessed these powers at the same level as her comic counterpart in the movie, but her ability to create targeted shockwaves is intact.

KID OMEGA - what a mess! I supposed the guy producing the marrow blades ('Spyke') was 'Kid Omega'... what's the friggin' relationship between an human porcupine and this fantastic name? Oh my God! What a mess.
Loosely based on "Quill" from X-Force I believe. Ignore the "Kid Omega" credit. It's not the true name that he goes by according to the writers. It was a mix-up from early on and it couldn't be fixed in time for the credit.

SPYKE - see above.
Other than the change in direct ethnicity, this "Spike" (from the forest scene), most likely influenced from his X-Force counterpart as opposed to the "Spyke" character created in X-Men Evolution, the powers are more or less accurate.

CALLISTO - totally changed (for the best).
There was no total change (it's not like Callisto was a man with red skin, four arms, and the ability to turn into a sheep). No more of a total change as Toad's new powers and abilities in X-Men 1.

MULTIPLE MAN - the same, less or more. Spotted the symbol too!
Hmmm..yes

PSYLOCKE - definitely, what are the powers of the C-Universe counterpart? SHADOWWHAT? Can we see her in action?
Psylocke's powers are usually psionic-based, not directly connected to her surrounding environment. The power to camoflauge is not a true ability that Psylocke has ever posessesed, but she has had a similar power in which she could disappear in shadows.

Beside, what's about the "Omega" symbol? What does it represent?
They are part of the "Omega Muties". It's apparently influenced by the Omega Gang from the story, "Riot at Xaviers". Which I think included a few Marauders and Morlocks

Then? :marv:
Hmmmm..

-TNC

The Riot at Xavier's storyline didn't include Morlocks nor Marauders.

Mdizzle said:
i thought psylocke in the comics was supposed to be way cooler, her powers way crazier than in the movie. she seemed really insignificant.
Yeah, but at least we managed to catch a glimpse of her.

Frankly,

I found the comics universe PSYLOCKE quite lame as character, so I don't bother if they released an insignificant C-Universe counterpart.

PSYLOCKE is way overrated. A (fake) japanese girl with ninja skills (how original) and dull/pointless/corny psychic blades or whatever you call that katana. What's so fantastic about her?

:ghost:

Decay said:
She has a sexy look :).

I know, but her presence is POINTLESS in both the universes, 616 and C.

Even STORM is sexy... we don't really need "PSYTRASH".

And don't let me begin on her original version, english woman bearing lame powers.

And that shadow power ripped-off Illiana Rasputin/Magik.

The whole Omega thing was because they were in a group controlled by Omega Red or something lame like that.

Why was psylocke even in the movie? we hardly even saw what she can do (her powers barely). instead of trying to put in like a million different mutants for about 1 or two quick cameos ratner should have picked a few and gave 'em more focus.

I remember reading in other forums way back...ppl thought Arclight was supposed to be Stacy X?

The way I figured it, is Psylocke was there because there was gonna be a huge bunch of mutants to make up the Brotherhood, and the writers figured it would be cool if a couple of them were existing mutants, just to give 'em little cameos.

Would you rather they were all just random made up mutants?

masterj said:
The whole Omega thing was because they were in a group controlled by Omega Red or something lame like that.
Uh, no...

-TNC

Mothling said:
The way I figured it, is Psylocke was there because there was gonna be a huge bunch of mutants to make up the Brotherhood, and the writers figured it would be cool if a couple of them were existing mutants, just to give 'em little cameos.

Would you rather they were all just random made up mutants?

true enough. it just seemed like the entire movie didnt have enough focus. i thought juggs would have had a more significant part, but i guess its hard when everyones competing for screen time.

I can agree with you, there were a tad too many characters. The movie should've been much longer and given some of the forefront Brotherhood members and some of the lesser X-Squad some more screentime and characterisation.

Mothling said:
I can agree with you, there were a tad too many characters. The movie should've been much longer and given some of the forefront Brotherhood members and some of the lesser X-Squad some more screentime and characterisation.

The movie was good with the screen time it had.

I wouldn't care if CALLISTO's part would have been bigger, for example.

THE X-MEN were enough "developed" in the movie, leaving Cyclops alone (SEE X-MAN 4 for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

This franchise is beautiful.

On a sidenote:

It looks like in the C-UNIVERSE the right name is 'Brotherhood of Mutants', dropping the 'Evil' part in the name.

I love alternative universes. And you?

It sounds better for the movie dropping the evil, because they don't see themselves as evil why would they say they are?
And would you take some organization seriously where they had to announce they're evil?

Majik1387 said:
It sounds better for the movie dropping the evil, because they don't see themselves as evil why would they say they are?
And would you take some organization seriously where they had to announce they're evil?

WELL SAID!

Trying to survive against those who want to eliminate them with a cure. Self-defense lol.

I love mags, i always saw him as kind of a "noble bad guy" for some reason...maybe cuz he managed to maintain some sort of respect from charles (and for him) even though he was technically attempting to kill a lot of people, evil-guy style. Still he tried to stop from physically harming charles to an extent in X2 (was reluctant to give up info on the school). Urgh don't even talk to me about X3 because I was kind of put off that he didn't do more to keep Charles alive.

Mdizzle said:
I love mags, i always saw him as kind of a "noble bad guy" for some reason...maybe cuz he managed to maintain some sort of respect from charles (and for him) even though he was technically attempting to kill a lot of people, evil-guy style. Still he tried to stop from physically harming charles to an extent in X2 (was reluctant to give up info on the school). Urgh don't even talk to me about X3 because I was kind of put off that he didn't do more to keep Charles alive.

Charles was the only thing (apart the X-Men) to stop him through the years.

I think he was tired of the war, and glad that he survived to the Phoenix unleashed, that's why he didn't cry. Surely, inside himself, he suffered the loss of Charles a lot.
He was just tired of the war, and happy that nothing could have stopped his dreams from being true.

I think it was just harder to discern really by X3. He prolly felt that way, but alot of things that happen seemed "uncharacteristic" of him even if he is considered evil. Particularily, leaving Mystique...I understand his committment to his own agenda, but there is still "honour among thieves". At least I believe I saw it in him previously.

Mdizzle said:
I think it was just harder to discern really by X3. He prolly felt that way, but alot of things that happen seemed "uncharacteristic" of him even if he is considered evil. Particularily, leaving Mystique...I understand his committment to his own agenda, but there is still "honour among thieves". At least I believe I saw it in him previously.

After the event of X2, he has changed ---> obviously.

Maybe he convinced himself that there were no more room for compassion. He convinced himself that the war was now even more harder to fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"