The Cameo

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
Alright now I know I'm not the only one who was surprised and laughed at that cameo by [blackout]Chris Evans as Captain America[/blackout]. The whole sequence with Loki was brilliant how he used his power of illusion to provoke Thor much like most sibling rivalry between brothers & sister or visa-versa plays out.

I have to hand it to the director it was a clever way to have a cameo and the execution by the actors was magnificent.

Last edited:
hahha I had no idea that was coming and it totally caught me by surprised. I laughed so hard...great cameo.

I enjoyed it. Also means that TWS will probably be the last Cap movie, as Chris Evans is only signed on for 6 films. He's done the first Cap and Avengers, and now Thor 2. So Cap 2 makes 4 MCU movies he's been in and they will want to save him for Avengers 2 and 3.

I enjoyed it. Also means that TWS will probably be the last Cap movie, as Chris Evans is only signed on for 6 films. He's done the first Cap and Avengers, and now Thor 2. So Cap 2 makes 4 MCU movies he's been in and they will want to save him for Avengers 2 and 3.

I'm pretty sure Evans will be back for a Cap 3 since this was mere cameo not a full length film appearance, But that's not really the point of this discussion. The priority subject matter is his Cameo appearance which was unexpected much like Mark Ruffalo's cameo in Iron Man 3 as Bruce Banner.

Originally Posted by xeno000
The story of how that scene was originally shot is almost as hilarious as the scene itself.

Initially, the scene was shot with just Hemsworth and Hiddleston, with Evans and others to be digitally inserted later. Hiddleston was supposed to wear normal Loki gear, but he insisted upon shooting the sequence in Evans' Captain America costume because otherwise he would never get to wear it. So they did it that way, with Hiddles doing an impersonation of Evans as Captain America.

Later on Evans was shown Hiddleston's impression of him before shooting his part. He then did an impersonation of Hiddleston impersonating him. Hiddleston said that Evans' performance was brilliant for that alone, never mind how hilarious he was. The best part is that the footage of Hiddleston impersonating Evans while wearing the Cap uniform is going to be on the Blu-Ray. I cannot wait to see that. :woot:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/17...-chris-hemsworth-tom-hiddleston-spoiler.jhtml

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=27192949&postcount=543

They negotiated something separate from the main contract when RDJ appeared in TIH in his 1st contract with Marvel. I bet the same was done here.

It's a fantastic cameo. Probably one of the best ever.

The story of how that scene was originally shot is almost as hilarious as the scene itself.

Initially, the scene was shot with just Hemsworth and Hiddleston, with Evans and others to be digitally inserted later. Hiddleston was supposed to wear normal Loki gear, but he insisted upon shooting the sequence in Evans' Captain America costume because otherwise he would never get to wear it. So they did it that way, with Hiddles doing an impersonation of Evans as Captain America.

Later on Evans was shown Hiddleston's impression of him before shooting his part. He then did an impersonation of Hiddleston impersonating him. Hiddleston said that Evans' performance was brilliant for that alone, never mind how hilarious he was. The best part is that the footage of Hiddleston impersonating Evans while wearing the Cap uniform is going to be on the Blu-Ray. I cannot wait to see that. :woot:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/17...-chris-hemsworth-tom-hiddleston-spoiler.jhtml

It is indeed a really funny story and it will be interesting to see the BD stuff.

Since the browser is not allowing me to multi-post:

@The Caped Knight: That was amusing and interesting. Thanks for sharing--I now await the Blu-Ray even more.

@Spider-Fan: You are probably right.

They negotiated something separate from the main contract when RDJ appeared in TIH in his 1st contract with Marvel. I bet the same was done here.

Exactly, Sam did it in "Thor", Mark did it in "IM3".

LoL that was the best moment in the film for me... Possibly the best cameo in the MCU and any comic book movie.

Hilarious! can't wait to see

I love that cameo. I was totally surprised and laughed that I couldn't hear the dialogue. The audience was cheering, too.

Can't wait to see that on BR.

Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

And Caped Crusader, that story is hilarious :funny::gibbs:

I love that cameo. I was totally surprised and laughed that I couldn't hear the dialogue. The audience was cheering, too.

Can't wait to see that on BR.

Transcript:

Loki: Very well perhaps you prefer one of your new companions giving as you seem to like them so much.

Captain America: "Oh, this is much better! The costume’s a bit much. So tight! The confidence I can feel the righteousness surging. Hey wanna have a rousing discussion about truth, honor and patriotism. God Bless America"

It was easily the funniest scene in the movie.

I also noticed Brian Tyler had incorporated the music theme of Alan Silvestri's Captain America theme in the sequence which was a nice touch to the cameo.

I also noticed Brian Tyler had incorporated the music theme of Alan Silvestri's Captain America theme in the sequence which was a nice touch to the cameo.
I didn't even realize it was there until we were watching the credits scroll by and noticed a credit for the Captain America theme (I think I was too busy laughing too hard *lol*).

Easily one of the best comic book film cameos to date and one of the best parts of the film.

Transcript:

Loki: Very well perhaps you prefer one of your new companions giving as you seem to like them so much.

Captain America: "Oh, this is much better! The costume’s a bit much. So tight! The confidence I can feel the righteousness surging. Hey wanna have a rousing discussion about truth, honor and patriotism. God Bless America"

Thank you! :yay:

Ok so post Avengers, Banner & Cap had cameo;s does that mean Barton will be in Winter Solider?

Hopefully so and I'd like to see Thor make a cameo in GOTG soooooo bad.

I like the cameo and didn't hear anyone say anything about it online which kind of shocked me. Loved it.

I didn't like it. I thought it was unnecessary for Loki/Thor to be joking around like that.

I loved it. Makes total sense the trickster god would mess with Thor the way he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"