The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair

Wow, they are still making these movies? Does anyone care anymore?

Interesting choice. Guess this means at the very least it'll look really pretty.

Well, if they bring Anna Poppelwell back, I suppose I might care again too. I'm not even sure if Susan shows up in this book but who gives a crap. They already butchered other parts of the story (which isn't necessarily a bad thing because the book Prince Caspian was terrible).

They can bring Jadis back, too, while they're at it. Jadis > Aslan

Yeah I do like Jadis.

Unless we're talking about Walking Dead Jadis, lol.

I'm shocked they're still trying to make this after they didn't even try with Dawn Treader.

The last movie was fine. Though the last one came out like 7 years ago? Honestly, I don't see public caring about Narnia movie. But at least with this one, half of the 7 books will be already adapted for film.

What studio is producing this and are they on their last leg? I can't believe anyone would still try to make these movies.

The last movie was fine. Though the last one came out like 7 years ago? Honestly, I don't see public caring about Narnia movie. But at least with this one, half of the 7 books will be already adapted for film.

Caspian had a completely different accent. :funny:

From Variety: Markus, McFeely to write 'Captain'
MICHAEL FLEMING said:
Marvel Studios has engaged Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely to script "Captain America," a film that has Joe Johnston attached to direct.

The red-white-and-blue clad hero with the mighty indestructible shield came to prominence right after the invasion of Pearl Harbor as the U.S. declared war on Japan. The hero is the Marvel character most closely associated with the United States.

Given Marvel's reliance on global grosses for hits like "Iron Man," the property will provide an interesting litmus test on the world's appetite for an all-American hero by the time the film is released and distributed by Paramount in 2011.

Marvel's Kevin Feige is producing.

Markus and McFeely were co-writers of both "Chronicles of Narnia" films as well as the HBO telepic "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers."

'Jumanji' Director to Helm New 'Narnia' Movie
Joe Johnston, the director behind the original Jumanji, has been tapped to helm the next Narnia film, The Silver Chair.

Johnston is an underrated director so I'm pleased to see him taking on another mainstream movie. Maybe he can inject Narnia with life again because I have yet to see a Narnia film I've liked.

I liked the first 2 Narnia movies a lot, but didn't think much of the last one. Very sceptical about this one, even with Johnston directing.

The truth of it is, the only Narnia book the general public seems to care about is The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The declining box office returns for the sequels was a reflection of that. I can't see this being all that successful.

I liked the first 2 Narnia movies a lot, but didn't think much of the last one.

Same here, but I haven't lost interest because of the one movie. Also, I recall The Silver Chair being one of the better books when I read it as a kid.

I say reboot with The Magician's Nephew.

I really liked the first two Narnia movies. If they capture that, they'll be fine, but I'm not holding out hope.

While the article mentions that Johnston intends to not reference the past films, I do hope Georgie, Skandar, Anna and William come back one last time for The Horse and His Boy. They will have reached the right ages for that one movie alone, but isn't The Magician's Nephew next in line?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"