The Cross (Orlando Bloom & Olga Kurylenko)

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=52567

Orlando Bloom & Co. Hooked on The Cross
Source:Variety
February 4, 2009

Variety reports Orlando Bloom, Vincent Cassel (Eastern Promises) and Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace) are starring in The Cross for director Andrew Niccol (Lord of War).

Set against the backdrop of a futuristic border town, Bloom plays a man seeking to cross a mysterious border, something no one else has achieved. Cassel, meanwhile, is the guard who will go to any lengths to foil him. Kurylenko takes the female lead.

Pre-production has begun on the $24 million sci-fi escape story, which is scheduled to start principal photography in July in Australia.

Sounds pretty cool and I like both the leads, I think Bloom in particular is a solid actor as long as he's cast right as opposed to in Kingdom of Heaven where he was supposed to be a leader of men.

Kurylenko and Bloom's participation is about promising as another Asian horror adaptation, but Niccol's involvement actually makes me curious.

Vincent Cassell? **** yeah!!! :woot:

If only they'd get rid of Bloom. :csad:

I hope that Bloom gets to redeem himself in the fanboy's eyes. I think he's a capable actor, but he lacks natural charisma even in the movies that he's good in.

YESS!! I love Andrew Niccol.

hmm Bloom and Kurylenko..... great looking leads, average talent.

Cassel gives the project some gravitas.

$24 million sci-fi story? I hope they can pull it off. I don't like Bloom but I liked Lord of War and I'd marry Olga so.. :woot:

More Olga? Yes please....sounds good to me.

$20 she goes to sleep with bloom and he says no. happens every bloody film

Yep, one reason why I thought she was an awesome Bond girl.

Cassell is one of the best actors out there, far more talented than the other two combined will probably ever be, and it looks like he's playing a villain which few do better than him.

I think Bloom's ok, Olga is atleast visually appealing. I'm somewhat interested.

The concept sounds interesting enough.

I had a much simpler image in my head when I first read it but whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"