• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Deleted Scenes

In the version of the script that came with The Art of The Dark Knight (Not sure what draft this is?) there's a few "OMITTED" notices scattered through it....

Recreation of a deleted scene: The Joker escapes after the Rachel´s fall.

[YT]QghzJRDLzbo[/YT]

Ya know what's always bugged me about this scene? The fact that Batman and Rachel fall from the penthouse with nary a scratch to show for it. I mean, that's a hell of a fall, even if Batman was able to use his cape as a parachute (which, it seems, he wasn't completely able to do). I mean, since it's Bruce Wayne's penthouse, that building is probably one of the tallest in Gotham. Hotel 71 in Chicago is 40 stories tall after all.

I always wished Batman used his grappling gun instead. At least that would require less of a suspension of disbelief.

On the other hand, I always assumed they left it that way to kind of foreshadow Batman and Harvey falling off a ledge at the end of the flick (and the fact that Batman and Rachel could survive falling 40 stories maybe implies Batman and Dent could survive falling, what, 40 feet? ;))

Is there any official video with funny situations or gags from filming?

Ya know what's always bugged me about this scene? The fact that Batman and Rachel fall from the penthouse with nary a scratch to show for it. I mean, that's a hell of a fall, even if Batman was able to use his cape as a parachute (which, it seems, he wasn't completely able to do). I mean, since it's Bruce Wayne's penthouse, that building is probably one of the tallest in Gotham. Hotel 71 in Chicago is 40 stories tall after all.

I always wished Batman used his grappling gun instead. At least that would require less of a suspension of disbelief.

On the other hand, I always assumed they left it that way to kind of foreshadow Batman and Harvey falling off a ledge at the end of the flick (and the fact that Batman and Rachel could survive falling 40 stories maybe implies Batman and Dent could survive falling, what, 40 feet? ;))

I'll note: Richard Prior on skis in "Superman III". It seems to be a comic book film rule. Otherwise I agree. ;) :)

Angeloz

scan4.jpg

I'd like to know what happened to the footage with the Joker Card stabbed though. Always thought it fit better then a safety pin.

I ve found new angle of the cut footage of the joker saying THIS IS MY CITY NOW!

COMPARE

THIS IS MY TOWN NOW

JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE =)

Last edited:
scan4.jpg

I'd like to know what happened to the footage with the Joker Card stabbed though. Always thought it fit better then a safety pin.

I'm positive that it was cut in order to get a PG13 rating. Thus no "graphic" stabbing, etc.

I liked the knife better as well.

Does anyone have a link to the original script? (With the few unused or alt. wording,etc.)

^whoa!! that pic is awesome!

I've always felt there were more scenes deleted than people were told about...but I could be wrong. I'm a conspiracy kinda guy...

A list (a couple of these might be off):

(Extended/alternate/deleted scenes)

Joker's musical cue during opening Gotham City building shot (theatrical version, prologue clip)
Changed sequence of bank robbery (screening at San Diego Comic Con 2007)
Tumbler plowing into parking garage (slightly extended shot from Comcast trailer)
Alternate angle of Batman landing on Scarecrow's van (Wizard World footage)
Alternate angle of Alfred entering bunker on elevator (TV spot)
Tumbler swerving to a stop in underground bunker (prologue clip)
Gordon entering bank with gun drawn during mob meeting (extended shot from 2nd trailer)
Alternate shot of Batman dropping off building in Japan; possibly film just flipped backwards (TV Spot #9)
Knife stuck into Brian Douglass's body instead of pin (promotional picture)
Bruce and Harvey having a toast at penthouse party (Wizard World footage)
"Then you're gonna love me." (deleted shot of Batman during party crash scene)
The Joker in vehicle after party (promotional picture; Blu-Ray Gotham Unmasked)
Extended crowd shot during assassination attempt on Mayor ("Know Your Limits" UK trailer)
Harvey putting up hand to shield his face during aftermath of assassination attempt (Trailer #2)
Harvey straightening his tie before getting on stage at press conference
Angled shot of Harvey at podium (Domino's Pizza trailer)
Alternate shot of Batsuit rising from the floor (Wizard World footage)
Tumbler leaving underground bunker (Batman Tech television special)
Extended overhead shot of burning fire truck (Domino's trailer, HBO special)
Joker opening tractor-trailer door and immediately firing (Wizard World footage)
Joker flinching when firing the rocket launcher (slightly extended shot from Trailer #1, Domino's Trailer)
Extended shots of Batpod racing through mall (Batman Tech television special)
Alternate shot of Batpod racing underneath bridge and firing weapons? ("Know Your Limits" UK Trailer)
* Possibly extended shot of helicopter crashing from police van's perspective (TV Spot #11)
Alternate shot of Joker pausing before whipping around to look at Batman (TV Spot #4)
Alternate shot of Joker slowly turning head to look at Batman (Domino's trailer)
Slightly extended shot of Joker yelling "HIT ME!!!" (Domino's trailer)
Long shot of Joker confronting Batman after tractor-trailer crash (Trailer #1)
Shot of Joker saying, "Hmmm..." after Batpod crash (TV Spot #3)
Alternate shot of Joker producing knife and flipping it to other hand after Batpod crash (Trailer #3, Blu-Ray)
Inmates gathering to look at the Joker (Trailer #1)
Long shot of Joker in cell (Wizard World footage, HBO special)
"I know the truth." (deleted shot from Domino's trailer)
Batman kicking Joker in the head as he leaves interrogation room (C. Nolan L.A. Times interview)
Batman jumping over cop cars on way to the Batpod to save Rachel (Wizard World footage)
Alternate shot of MCU windows blowing out (Wizard World footage)
Alternate shot of Joker putting head down during MCU explosion (Domino's trailer)
Joker hanging halfway out of police car after escape (slightly extended shot from Trailer #1)
"This town is mine now." (deleted shot during money-burning scene from Domino's trailer)
Lau screaming while on fire (described in script of Art of Dark Knight book; never shot?)
Extra shot of Joker on bus during hospital evacuation (Blu-Ray Gotham Unmasked)
Joker turning his head inquisitively during final confrontation (TV spot #14)
Batman entering construction complex and sneaking up on masked hostages (TDK Production Art book)
Slightly extended shot of Batman gliding into construction building (TV Spot #14)
Alternate shot of Gordon readying axe to destroy Batsignal with Mike Engel (prologue clip)
Extended final shot (Comcast IMAX featurette)

(Alternate lines)

"Batman has no limits." (TV Spot #9)
"It's simple. Kill the Batman." (alternate take during mob meeting scene; Final Trailer)
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight's entertainment." (TV Spot #1)
"I'll settle for his loved ones!" (alternate dialogue during party crash scene)
"You've got a little fight in ya. I like that." (alternate take during party crash scene)
"I love this job!" (TV Spot #6)
"You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back. To them, you're just a freak...like me!" (alternate dialogue during interrogation scene from trailers)
"You'll see. I'll show ya." (alternate line during interrogation scene)
"Tonight...you're gonna break your one rule." (TV Spot #9)
"This city deserves a better class of criminal...and I'm gonna give it to them." (Comcast trailer)
"That's why I gave it to you, Lucius. You're the only one I can trust." (Today Show featurette)

(Novelization scenes)

Alfred finding Bruce doing a kata in the penthouse, and discussing the bunker
Conversation between Bruce and Rachel, where she is afraid he will accidentally kill someone
Joker giving money to an old woman at a bus stop
Chechen being told about Scarecrow by a subordinate
Scarecrow hooking up a dealer with feartoxin-laced cocaine, then killing him
Flashback to how Harvey and Rachel first met at a coffee shop
Bruce discussing Harvey with Alfred, then researching Dent's past
Bruce watching Mike Engel on television ranting about Dent
Discussion in car between Harvey and Rachel about Batman
Maroni meeting with mob lackey about information on Joker
Knife stuck in Brian Douglass' body when he is found
Post-party Joker scene in car
Bruce and Alfred discuss Rachel's safety after penthouse party
Batman and Gordon have slightly longer exchange regarding which of them will go after Dent
Rachel's last words before getting blown up are different
Gordon explaining that the addresses were switched on the hostages after the explosion

(Superherohype.com forum posts)

Lucius showing a newspaper to Bruce in Hong Kong
Party guests getting calls about Loeb and Surillo's deaths on their phones
Alleyway shootout after the funeral scene
Fake Batman fighting the Joker in police uniform
Berg being arrested by Gotham P.D.
Bruce Wayne visiting hospital
Bomb truck pulling up to the hospital

A list (a couple of these might be off):

Would've liked to have seen these, just to see how they would've played out.

(Extended/alternate/deleted scenes)

Joker's musical cue during opening Gotham City building shot (theatrical version, prologue clip)

Changed sequence of bank robbery (screening at San Diego Comic Con 2007)
Tumbler plowing into parking garage (slightly extended shot from Comcast trailer)
Alternate angle of Batman landing on Scarecrow's van (Wizard World footage)
Alternate angle of Alfred entering bunker on elevator (TV spot)
Tumbler swerving to a stop in underground bunker (prologue clip)
Gordon entering bank with gun drawn during mob meeting (extended shot from 2nd trailer)
Alternate shot of Batman dropping off building in Japan; possibly film just flipped backwards (TV Spot #9)
Knife stuck into Brian Douglass's body instead of pin (promotional picture)
Bruce and Harvey having a toast at penthouse party (Wizard World footage)
"Then you're gonna love me." (deleted shot of Batman during party crash scene)
The Joker in vehicle after party (promotional picture; Blu-Ray Gotham Unmasked)
Extended crowd shot during assassination attempt on Mayor ("Know Your Limits" UK trailer)
Harvey putting up hand to shield his face during aftermath of assassination attempt (Trailer #2)
Harvey straightening his tie before getting on stage at press conference
Angled shot of Harvey at podium (Domino's Pizza trailer)
Alternate shot of Batsuit rising from the floor (Wizard World footage)
Tumbler leaving underground bunker (Batman Tech television special)
Extended overhead shot of burning fire truck (Domino's trailer, HBO special)
Joker opening tractor-trailer door and immediately firing (Wizard World footage)
Joker flinching when firing the rocket launcher (slightly extended shot from Trailer #1, Domino's Trailer)
Extended shots of Batpod racing through mall (Batman Tech television special)
Alternate shot of Batpod racing underneath bridge and firing weapons? ("Know Your Limits" UK Trailer)
* Possibly extended shot of helicopter crashing from police van's perspective (TV Spot #11)
Alternate shot of Joker pausing before whipping around to look at Batman (TV Spot #4)
Alternate shot of Joker slowly turning head to look at Batman (Domino's trailer)
Slightly extended shot of Joker yelling "HIT ME!!!" (Domino's trailer)
Long shot of Joker confronting Batman after tractor-trailer crash (Trailer #1)
Shot of Joker saying, "Hmmm..." after Batpod crash (TV Spot #3)
Alternate shot of Joker producing knife and flipping it to other hand after Batpod crash (Trailer #3, Blu-Ray)
Inmates gathering to look at the Joker (Trailer #1)
Long shot of Joker in cell (Wizard World footage, HBO special)
"I know the truth." (deleted shot from Domino's trailer)
Batman kicking Joker in the head as he leaves interrogation room (C. Nolan L.A. Times interview)
Batman jumping over cop cars on way to the Batpod to save Rachel (Wizard World footage)
Alternate shot of MCU windows blowing out (Wizard World footage)
Alternate shot of Joker putting head down during MCU explosion (Domino's trailer)
Joker hanging halfway out of police car after escape (slightly extended shot from Trailer #1)
"This town is mine now." (deleted shot during money-burning scene from Domino's trailer)
Lau screaming while on fire (described in script of Art of Dark Knight book; never shot?)
Extra shot of Joker on bus during hospital evacuation (Blu-Ray Gotham Unmasked)
Joker turning his head inquisitively during final confrontation (TV spot #14)
Batman entering construction complex and sneaking up on masked hostages (TDK Production Art book)
Slightly extended shot of Batman gliding into construction building (TV Spot #14)
Alternate shot of Gordon readying axe to destroy Batsignal with Mike Engel (prologue clip)
Extended final shot (Comcast IMAX featurette)

(Alternate lines)

"Batman has no limits." (TV Spot #9)

"It's simple. Kill the Batman." (alternate take during mob meeting scene; Final Trailer)
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight's entertainment." (TV Spot #1)
"I'll settle for his loved ones!" (alternate dialogue during party crash scene)
"You've got a little fight in ya. I like that." (alternate take during party crash scene)
"I love this job!" (TV Spot #6)
"You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back. To them, you're just a freak...like me!" (alternate dialogue during interrogation scene from trailers)
"You'll see. I'll show ya." (alternate line during interrogation scene)
"Tonight...you're gonna break your one rule." (TV Spot #9)
"This city deserves a better class of criminal...and I'm gonna give it to them." (Comcast trailer)
"That's why I gave it to you, Lucius. You're the only one I can trust." (Today Show featurette)

(Novelization scenes)

Alfred finding Bruce doing a kata in the penthouse, and discussing the bunker

Conversation between Bruce and Rachel, where she is afraid he will accidentally kill someone
Chechen being told about Scarecrow by a subordinate
Scarecrow hooking up a dealer with feartoxin-laced cocaine, then killing him
Flashback to how Harvey and Rachel first met at a coffee shop
Bruce discussing Harvey with Alfred, then researching Dent's past
Bruce watching Mike Engel on television ranting about Dent
Discussion in car between Harvey and Rachel about Batman
Maroni meeting with mob lackey about information on Joker
Knife stuck in Brian Douglass' body when he is found
Post-party Joker scene in car
Bruce and Alfred discuss Rachel's safety after penthouse party
Batman and Gordon have slightly longer exchange regarding which of them will go after Dent
Rachel's last words before getting blown up are different
Gordon explaining that the addresses were switched on the hostages after the explosion

We need to make a compilation of this on YouTube!

I don't understand...where are these from? They are just speculation from Superherohype forum members?

The ultimate recopilation for unused footage, and alternate takes from THE DARK KNIGHT! Please enjoy!

[YT]-qmq1IDgAGY[/YT]

The ultimate recopilation for unused footage, and alternate takes from THE DARK KNIGHT! Please enjoy!

[YT]-qmq1IDgAGY[/YT]

Wahou ! :wow: Thanks !!!!

There are many Joker scenes I've never seen before.
Thanks again, mate !
:yay:

[YT]-qmq1IDgAGY[/YT]

Is there a version of this WITHOUT the background music?

Most of the delight of the unused footage is in the alternate delivery of lines and dialog. The "epic" background music completely destroys the purpose of watching this footage.

The alternative lines were difficult to coordinate, so i deleted them from the compilation.

I don't understand...where are these from? They are just speculation from Superherohype forum members?

There was a user on the board named "newtypejuggalo" who worked as an extra on the film. He mentioned that he was in the background for some of the scenes that were eventually deleted from the final print. I copied the info from a post he made about the film, which was months back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"