• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man Deleted scenes!

By the way I think it's funny someones actually trying to say this was good to be cut out at the cost screwing up the pacing of the film as a whole.

...Talias death was horribly acted in the dark knight rises but they didn't cut that either and that didn't drag down the movie.

We are not talking about Batman, don't understand the need to play childish tag between the two films. The fact of the matter, it was bad acting and did not flow seamlessly like the rest of the film. Understand, i'm specifically talking about sewer scene with all three characters there. There was no real character engagement, many pauses & empty space, body mannerism & facial expression seemed out of place or not well timed. Amongst other things. It was terrible.

Nah, it was fine.

Until Irrfan Khan showed up.

The man cannot act. :|

Yah, he wasn't like terribly awful. At least they tried to spread out without an all Caucasian only cast.

Irfan was ok, the scene was great! Connors was way more sympathetic in it. The parts of his dialogue are still mostly present in the movie, but he delivers it way more angry in the final cut for some reason

Good on Sony for cutting all that crap out of the movie. The final cut was better for it.

Good on Sony for cutting all that crap out of the movie. The final cut was better for it.

Oh yes, good for Sony for keeping the real crap in the movie and taking out any hope of making Connors a multi-layered character.

Oh yes, good for Sony for keeping the real crap in the movie and taking out any hope of making Connors a multi-layered character.

Now that we have seen those scenes,doesnt make Connors any better

I think they do. Mostly the lair scene, "Help Me", and the scene with Billy. Those seem like the most important deleted scenes. The scene where Connors is sitting in the sewer saying that he was afraid was kind of stupid and cheesy.

Now that we have seen those scenes,doesnt make Connors any better

It doesn't?

A more clear idea of a split personality between Curt and the Lizard persona where Curt may have wanted help and even asked Peter for it, a look into Curt's family and how the Lizard persona frankly told Billy to start fighting back and even Curt actually CARING for Peter's own personal life meeting up with him after Ben died. Those scenes quickly made Curt into someone that I could care about and understand rather than just some mad scientist turning into a giant lizard and wanting to turn others as lizards as well.

We are not talking about Batman, don't understand the need to play childish tag between the two films. The fact of the matter, it was bad acting and did not flow seamlessly like the rest of the film. Understand, i'm specifically talking about sewer scene with all three characters there. There was no real character engagement, many pauses & empty space, body mannerism & facial expression seemed out of place or not well timed. Amongst other things. It was terrible.

You sir are making excuses and thats just wrong. That scene humanized Connors and developed his relationship to Peter in a way that the final film did not. It really was that missing piece that we needed. Here is a list of things this scene would have accomplished.

#1: Would have given the Lizard so presence on the screen. In the final film Connors seemed rational and civilized. There was at no point that I felt real fear for Peter or Gwen and it came out of nowhere that he brutally murdered Captain Stacy. It would have made the scene where Gwen hides from him in Oscorp actually frightening.

#2: It would have solved the damn Dr.Ratha plot hole.

#3: It would have been a much more rational explanation for how Peter finds out the Lizards plan than the stupid "Heres a video explanation if anyone wants to stop by"

#4: It would have given some continuity to the parents story with Dr.Ratha questioning if Peter understood what he really was and Dr.Connors talking about how he's finishing Richards work he was never allowed to. Rather than having them become a forget subplot as well they are now merged with the villain plot.

#5: Connors asks Peter if he would go back. This was one of the best scenes in the movie. If you look Peter was a defenseless loser until he got his powers now he was stronger than everyone and he had confidence. Connors was a disabled man who dreamed of being complete again, now he had strength beyond all others and he could be whole again. He makes Peter realize they might not be as different as he thought. Also is good because when Gwen dies he will want more than anything just to go back.

#6: Connors plan seems less crazy because we see he's absolutely nuts himself. You need a villain whos motivations or goals are rational, they just need to be believable in a sense that this character would try and do something like this.

Basically you're justifying cutting out one of the most important parts of the movie because you thought there were some weird faces...makes sense.

I think they do. Mostly the lair scene, "Help Me", and the scene with Billy. Those seem like the most important deleted scenes. The scene where Connors is sitting in the sewer saying that he was afraid was kind of stupid and cheesy.

I havent seen the Billy scene but the Help me scene/the sewer scene with Ratha were insanely important.

The help me scene shows just how dependent Conners is the Lizard formula. Have you ever gotten really drunk and felt like death but then once you sober up you go ahead and do it again? Connors is just a desperate man addicted to the feeling of power the lizard serum gives him. Honestly so many stupid mistakes in the movie.

All these deleted scenes would help!

So now that we know what the deleted scenes on the DVD/Blu-Ray will be, I tried to make a list of scenes/alternate takes/single lines we've seen elsewhere (eg, trailers, etc.) or heard of in interviews, but won't be included with this release. (For full disclosure, if this list looks familiar, it's because I've posted it on another message board before.) I didn't include scenes that are on the DVD/Blu-Ray (obviously) or anything that was just a different background CGed for promos (eg. Peter revealing his costume overlooking the city in the trailer versus on the bridge).

-- The alternate take of the scene where Peter gives Connors the decay rate algorithm from the trailer, where he's writing it on a chalkboard in what's presumably a home office rather than on a piece of paper in the kitchen. We can probably assume it's in the same (missing) scene where Connors tells Peter that he can see his father in him.

-- Wherever the lines 'Ready to play God?' and 'If you want the truth (about your parents), Peter, come and get it' were from. Probably, from the looks of it, they were cut out of scenes we've already seen.

-- 'Too dangerous!' and Gwen turning to Peter to smile after the coach asks him if he wants to play football.

-- Peter on the floor of the school library with his mask off shouting at the Lizard/Connors to 'Stop it, stop it right now, this isn't you' or whatever the lines were. (Speaking of which, where was this even from? I've seen gifs of it, but never the actual clip.)

-- The doorman scene isn't included in the deleted scenes reel, though we've seen it, obviously. I'm guessing it could have been filmed just as a viral video and that's why it wasn't included, but who knows.

-- The second screen app had a pre-visualisation for a scene where Peter and Gwen order take-out for their clock tower date and swing by to grab it from the delivery guy on a street corner, but maybe it wasn't filmed in the end. There was some behind-the-scenes photo of them swinging right in front of the clock though.

-- The part in the trailers where Peter seems to be wandering with his headphones on (maybe I'm misremembering that) along the waterfront at sunrise/set.

-- Whatever scene that involved Billy Connors that was filmed at a house. May or may not be the scene from that audition tape/mentioned in an interview where Curt either gets mad at him or he tells him to go to his mother after Billy asks him what's wrong as he looks at himself in a mirror post-transformation.

-- More of the first-person perspective scenes where he's running along the rooftops.

-- Billy and Martha visiting Curt at the mental hospital in the end.

-- 'You're a wanted man, Peter Parker' and 'My father has 500 officers looking for you'/'500? That seems a bit excessive', followed by Gwen smiling at Peter.

Did I miss any? I feel like I have, but I'm not sure.

WOAH.

Where did you hear about Martha and Billy visiting Curt at a mental hospital?

WOAH.

Where did you hear about Martha and Billy visiting Curt at a mental hospital?

I randomly found a couple of interviews with the kid who played Billy, and it was specifically this one where he mentions filming at three different locations and then says this --

Do you have any funny stories from working on the set?

There was a scene at a mental hospital where my mom and I go to visit Dr. Connors and Rhys kept cracking jokes making it tough for us to look sad.

And I poked around IMDB a bit and found this behind-the-scenes photograph of the actor with Rhys Ifans, who's obviously wearing the costume from the after-credits scene. They're obviously not on set there, but it seems to match up with that quote.

****. Now I'm getting a lot more pissed about these deleted scenes. Billy at the school bus, at home and at the end in the mental hospital? That would have definitely given Connors a lot of depth.

I think Ifans will reprise his role as Connors(be it smaller) in the TAS2, so there I think there is still a chance we will see the family(Mrs. Connors & Billy the Kid).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"