The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ASM Bluray Re-release Thread

Spider-Ock

SpOck
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Since the ASM series is going to be re-released on bluray as well, I wanted to make a thread where we could discuss what could potentially be on it.

For starters, here's a link to a listing on a dvd store in Italy:

http://www.dvd-store.it/DVD/4K--ULT...on-2-4K-Ultra-HD-3-Blu-Ray-Disc-DigiBook.aspx

If you translate this page into English, it says that the bonus disc includes commentary by Marc Webb as well as 4 deleted scenes with commentary. Now, the original ASM 1 disc already has audio commentary. So does ASM2 for that matter. The ASM2 disc also has the original 13 deleted scenes on it.

So, what could the 4 deleted scenes be? If I were really optimistic, I think they are some of the stuff they deleted from ASM1 like that scene in the sewers where Connors tells Peter "if you want the truth, come and get it".

I also am hopeful that we could get the alternate death scene from the movie. Now, I loved the original scene but I just really want to see Spider-Man in full badass/rage mode.

Hopefully, these 4 deleted scenes are entirely new. If they aren't releasing a director's cut anytime soon (and I don't think they ever will), they should atleast release some of the stuff that was cut.

Plus, they need a selling point for these bluray re-releases anyways. Otherwise, who would buy them?

I'm hoping we get more of what was originally intended to be in TASM before the studio wanted something more familiar, i.e. the GIANT equation Peter helped Connors with, more backstory on the spiders in Oscorp, etc. etc.

As far as TASM2 goes, I really just want an extended cut that includes a lot of the deleted scenes and maybe some other scenes we never got to see, i.e. alt. Gwen death scene, Peter/Harry post death, etc. etc.

I'm hoping we get more of what was originally intended to be in TASM before the studio wanted something more familiar, i.e. the GIANT equation Peter helped Connors with, more backstory on the spiders in Oscorp, etc. etc.

As far as TASM2 goes, I really just want an extended cut that includes a lot of the deleted scenes and maybe some other scenes we never got to see, i.e. alt. Gwen death scene, Peter/Harry post death, etc. etc.

I always wanted to see an extended cut of TASM 2. Its unlikely though considering how (unnecessarily, if I might add) reviled it is.

Gun to my head, though? I would definitely prefer an extended cut of ASM2 to SM3. I feel like ASM2 just has a lot of good stuff that needs to be seen.

For sure, though I think both warrant proper closure (even if I did like how TASM2 wrapped up).

For sure, though I think both warrant proper closure (even if I did like how TASM2 wrapped up).

I actually think its kinda neat, in retrospective, how ASM2 wrapped up. I mean, sure they had planted seeds of Sinister Six, but I kinda look at it as like: the threats will keep on coming, but Spidey will keep on fighting, no matter what happens.

I really hope we get to see the alternate Gwen deaths and/or Shailene Woodley's scenes as MJ Watson. I was surprised they weren't on the original release.

Either way, I'm just stoked we might actually be getting extra footage! :woo:

Maybe we'll get the original after-credits scene with Norman Osborn's head. "Wake up, old friend."

I actually think its kinda neat, in retrospective, how ASM2 wrapped up. I mean, sure they had planted seeds of Sinister Six, but I kinda look at it as like: the threats will keep on coming, but Spidey will keep on fighting, no matter what happens.

That's how I like to interpret it too. :up:

I'd love to see the Woodley scenes, the Osborn post-creds, and especially the extended/alternate (more violent) Goblin fight.

Does anyone have more info. on the collection? Besides the 4 deleted scenes and some commentary by Webb (both of which may or may not be new) on the bonus disc, looks like we may not be getting much else.

Hopefully, that's not the case, and the dvd.it store's description is just incomplete.

I don't know, I just have a feeling that the deleted scenes we really wanna see may just see the light of day. If it is with no fanfare and no extended cut in which said scenes are added in, I am perfectly fine with it.

That's how I like to interpret it too. :up:

ASM2 gets a lot of flak for the things that it may have done wrong (though I still think the cartoonish nature of the villains is a reflection of how an actual classic Spidey comic plays out), but it just hits a TON of emotional notes bang on. I don't think any superhero movie so far has ever doubled as a romantic comedy/tragedy, and I don't think any love interest besides Gwen has been given their due amount of equal agency in a superhero movie (may be mistaken about the latter though).

Last edited:
Minor Update: The target store has a high-res pic of all the discs. If you zoom in, the bonus disc is called "Peter Parker".

Based on the Italian store's description of the collection, if this disc has 4 deleted scenes, it could be related to the whole subplot about Peter's parents that was cut out from ASM 1 and ASM 2.

Unfortunately, if that is the case, we may not get to see the alternative take on Gwen's death after all.

The one thing nobody actually cared to see more of. Jeez, Sony. :rolleyes:

Does this collection offer anything worth checking out? I am not a Webb guy at all, and I was big into the Raimi films, but even there I was not going to get the new Raimi set until it was announced to have a new cut of SM3. Is there anything like that in this collection?

Does this collection offer anything worth checking out? I am not a Webb guy at all, and I was big into the Raimi films, but even there I was not going to get the new Raimi set until it was announced to have a new cut of SM3. Is there anything like that in this collection?

No, its supposedly just an aggregate of all the bonus content from the past. There's a 4K edition on the italian Amazon site that includes the 4k versions of the movie. I also have a feeling it includes some unreleased deleted scenes.

Anyway, if you don't have the Webb series on Bluray and want it, its a good time to jump in. However, I think they may be putting out 4k editions of the Raimi and Webb movies when they release Homecoming on home media.

Last edited:
Aka I can skip it cause I got em already :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"