'The Passion of the Christ' (2 Disc 'Re-release with EXTRAS!)

- Jim got struck by lightning.
- There was an earthquake.
- Jim got accidentally whipped, twice, I think.
- Jim was 33 years old when he film. (Supposedly the same age as Jesus when He died.)

/\ Very interesting. Didn't know about the other stuff. This and more would be interesting to hear about in the DVD...

I wish they had of redubbed the movie in the english language, thats the only thing that I hated about the first version of the movie that it wasn't done in the english language.

I have the originally-released DVD pf this film, and in all honesty I'll probably pick this one up to replace it. I'm a a huge fan of DVD extras, and as a dedicated Christian myself, I can understand why many are against the scourging scene. The truth, however, is that no film can 100% accurately depict what Jesus truly went through...for us. The Gospels describe Him as being so bloody that even Mary couldn't recognize Him. The scourging and Judas' suicide are the hardest scenes for me to personally watch.

On another note, Mel Gibson reportedly chose to omit one line from the trial scene. In the Bible, one of the Gospels (I think it was Luke's) describes the Jews in the crowd as crying, "His blood be on us, and on our children!" On that same note, Mel's brother apparently said the director was "selling out" by ignoring that remark, but Mel stated he did so to avoid even further controversy.

I loved the movie, but I wouldn't buy it. As much as I loved it I just don't wanna watch Jesus getting beat up over and over again. This is the type of film you watch once a year and thats it.

There was nothing wrong with the movie.
It was brilliant, but I'll never watch it again.

I can't stand the constant torture of Jesus.
The flogging scene is terrible to my eyes.

That's pretty much how I feel. It was well done,(though the resurection scene should've had more) it had a big impact on me, but I couldn't stand to watch it again.:csad:

The Passion was a play in the middle ages ment to stur up hatred of the Jews. Whilst the film adaptation by Mel Gibson was a three hour Catholic snuff film.

a three hour catholic snuff film with no money shot at that...maybe if they actually killed Jim Clavical (how the f**k ever you spell his name) at the end of it I might have some morbid interest in watching the 3 boring hours of aramaic and Jesus inventing the table (because he didnt do enough already :rolleyes: ) to see it

it was actually only two hours (wow, that really was a lot of time spent on killing jesus now that i think about it).

they've had 2.5 years since the first dvd came out, and have had two more years to release this special edition (easter 2005). I'm just not as interested anymore like i was before.

Kill Bill Special Edition still has me waiting though.

I can assure you that I am not knocking the quallity of the movie. I'm sure it's a very well made movie in terms of directing, plot and writing. My qualm is the subject matter. As I said, I am a Catholic. I don't believe in every story in The Bible, but I do believe in Jesus's existence very strongly and value many of his teachings, and to see him brutalized in such a fashion is too disturbing for me to view.

Obviously, you're probably not a Catholic, so you might have an easier time watching this movie. However, I myself haven't been able to bring myself to view it, for reasons I've stated. If I want to see Jesus's crucifixtion onscreen, I'll watch Ben-Hur, which gives totally nonviolent but far more compelling and moving depiction of it.

I find comments like this laughable. I dont consider myself to be any denomination of christianity even though I went to catholic school and catholic church for the better part of my 22 years of existence. I consider myself to be a christian and leave it at that.
However, the bible even before the new testament clearly states that Jesus was going to be brutally slaughtered, disfigured beyond recognition. So, when seeing it on film, I dont understand why people complain about it. The film is only depicting what was written.

I love Jesus, hell I have him tatooed on my arm but what I believe happened hapened for the sake of man, for my sake. So yeah, its disturbing, brutal and down right eveil what happened to him but it was for the greater good because God loves us stupid humans way too damn much....which I'm greatful for.

Also, I have the pleasure in knowing that the Jews nor the Romans killed Jesus, if they had, he would never have even made it anywhere near the collecting of his cross. Jesus died the moment he decided he would give up his spirit. It is written that no man can kill him and thats the way it was.

So, although I own a copy of POTC, I'll definately be buying this special edition.

I wish they had of redubbed the movie in the english language, thats the only thing that I hated about the first version of the movie that it wasn't done in the english language.

You serious?!?

Dubbing some movies into English sucks. I cant take period piece movies such as this seriously when I hear them speaking with American or worse yet, English and Australien accents. Hearing the authentic accenst and language realy does make a better difference and immerses the viewer into whats actually going on.

it was actually only two hours (wow, that really was a lot of time spent on killing jesus now that i think about it).

Well, when you consider that they compressed events that took 12 hours into 2 hours, it doesn't seem like much does it.

Geez, thinking about 12 hours of constant torture is terrible.

When I watched this movie, I wanted to literally go in the movie and torture the Roman guards. The things that went through my mind as I was watching the scene was Clive Barker's playground, if anyone is familiar with his movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"