The Dark Knight The Dark Knight FAQ (Check here first)

Cinemaman said:
No, I will not make it. But I am sure Bettany or another actor, who we didn't use as candidate will get Joker role.

Fair enough, Cineman . . . I will see if Keyser Sushi or StorminNorman are any more confident

DV8 said:
Fair enough, Cineman . . . I will see if Keyser Sushi or StorminNorman are any more confident

Ok, we will see who is rght, my friend ;)

Cinemaman said:
Ok, we will see who is rght, my friend ;)

Yes, it may be months from now, but I know that none of us regulars will forget . . . I have submitted a thread on this wager . . .

DV8 said:
Yes, it may be months from now, but I know that none of us regulars will forget . . . I have submitted a thread on this wager . . .

I think we will know in Summer-Fall.

Cinemaman said:
But he isn't thin. And as I have already said, he doesn't look like Joker.

Doubtful he will get this role.

Have you seen him here? He does have the Joker expressions in his facial features, mainly the nose of course and I can see him playing the role greatly. Sure the odds aren't high for him as they are Bettany, due to the fact that a lot of people have no clue who he is. But I'm giving him a chance, he's spoken of having interest in the role.

Not to mention being a fan favorite to some people, but I still feel that Bettany will capatilize. Even though, I like Hulme's dedication toward the role. And wouldn't be disappointed at all if he ended up getting it.

DV8 said:

I'm confident he will.

Batman said:
Have you seen him here? He does have the Joker expressions in his facial features, mainly the nose of course and I can see him playing the role greatly. Sure the odds aren't high for him as they are Bettany, due to the fact that a lot of people have no clue who he is. But I'm giving him a chance, he's spoken of having interest in the role.

Not to mention being a fan favorite to some people, but I still feel that Bettany will capatilize. Even though, I like Hulme's dedication toward the role. And wouldn't be disappointed at all if he ended up getting it.

I'm confident he will.

Still think Bettany looks better.

Great thread, Batman.

This should cut down on the repeated threads that get posted.

DV8 said:
When the fuack did Nolan even mention Bettany as Joker? Seriously, I'd like to know . . .

It was reported on BOF some time ago that Nolan, Bale, and Caine were having "Batman meetings" during lunch break on filming "The Prestige." I believe it was also reported that the name "Paul Bettany" was mentioned in connection with the Joker role during said meetings.

DV8 said:
When the fuack did Nolan even mention Bettany as Joker? Seriously, I'd like to know . . .

While working on the Prestige, the name was being discussed between Nolan, Bale and Caine.

Here is the report.

Nolan, Bale, and Caine's "Bat-Meetings?"
Author: Jett
Monday, February 6, 2006 - 7:10 AM CENTRAL TIME: According to a SHH scooper, the BEGINS trio of Chris Nolan, Christian Bale, and Michael Caine meet regularly on the set of THE PRESTIGE to discuss the upcoming BATMAN BEGINS sequel. This insider, who claims to have worked as a grip on the current shoot, says that names Paul Bettany and Jake Gyllenhaal have been mentioned in conjunction to The Joker and Harvey Dent respectively. BOF has long heard that Bettany was a front-runner for The Joker, but this is the first we've heard of the newly Oscar-nominated (for BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN) Gyllenhaal.

Great job with this thread, Batman!!

I wish it was made before I made that thread of mine with Lachy Hulme, it would have saved me from making a fool out of my self. :)

Interesting idea for a thread Batman. This will help avoid some threads since the answers are here. Also will help avoid some of those pointless threads as well.

Dr. Mid-Nite said:
Great job with this thread, Batman!!

I wish it was made before I made that thread of mine with Lachy Hulme, it would have saved me from making a fool out of my self. :)

Being a fan of Lachy Hulme would of made you look pretty foolish anyway. :)

I kid, I kid

Like the others, I agree. Great job with this thread Batman, your truely are this boards Dark Knight.

EDIT: One question though, when was Jake Gyllenhaal rumored for Harvey? Also, how does Bruce know Black Mask? :confused:

The Flash! said:
Like the others, I agree. Great job with this thread Batman, your truely are this boards Dark Knight.

Thank you.

The Flash! said:
EDIT: One question though, when was Jake Gyllenhaal rumored for Harvey? Also, how does Bruce know Black Mask? :confused:

About two months ago, his name was added along with Liev Schrieber's who was still interested in the role. Some don't like the thought of Gyllenhaal, while others do. Mostly because of his age, despite being a tremendoes actor. He also would've been better for the role of Black Mask, to others.

Roman and Bruce knew eachother during their childhood, while their fathers were good friends considering they were two of Gotham's wealthiest families. But, in the end Roman grew angry and burnt his family's mansion down killing his parents in the process. Thus leading him to inherit the family fortune.

Horror Business said:
i thought i read somewhere that nolan isn't interested in robin at all.

As I recall, Nolan basically said that Robin was a long way off. I seem to remember that he suggested maybe around film 4 or 5, and he wasn't sure he'd still be directing them by that time.

Horror Business said:

Yes, one of the questions I put on the front of the page was answering if Nolan was going to use him or not. He won't appear in the sequel atleast as of now, the studio along with himself aren't interested at all with the character at the moment. But he never stated that there would be an open door to bring him in future films, while he's still directing for the franchise.

Horror Business said:

Christian Bale hates the character - Nolan seems to be on the fence.

StorminNorman said:
Christian Bale hates the character - Nolan seems to be on the fence.

Odd considering he auditioned for Robin in Batman Forever.

StorminNorman said:
Isn't it though?

Maybe he holds a grude. "Damn you Robin! I couldn't portray you, now you are my moral enemy!!!" I could see it happening.

I think Bale didnt know all that much about Batman besides what he saw on screen so he didnt truly understand the character - now that he does (since he read many Bat GN's and what not for the role) he believes Batman does not need a boy wonder.

Keyser Sushi said:
As I recall, Nolan basically said that Robin was a long way off. I seem to remember that he suggested maybe around film 4 or 5, and he wasn't sure he'd still be directing them by that time.

i could've sworn he said that the only time robin would be in the franchise would be if he wasn;t working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"