• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight The Dark Knight's Rogues Gallery

sounds pretty interesting. two-face vs joker isn't a bad idea. i just fear that one would kill the other. but i really don't want one of them dying.

Yes, I'm of the opinion that any half-decent director with that ridiculous amount of money and that quality of a source material could have done what PJ did.
I couldn't disagree more. It's very difficult material to adapt, and, seriously, when was the last time anyone made a decent fantasy film, that took the material seriously, and wasn't a po-faced swords-and-sandals flick? What PJ did (and he worked on it for YEARS, and managed to convince the execs to make three movies, not two - it was his and Fran's screenplay as well), I doubt very few directors would be able to do, to have the vision, stamina or expertise to make such a compelling trilogy that worked on so many levels.

i mean, i agree with gianakin on the fact that i find his old flicks more entertaining to watch, but it's true that he is just a great director and that his LOTRs movies were fantastic. PJ just knows what he's doing. and i think he deserves the credit he's earned for those movies.

i mean, i agree with gianakin on the fact that i find his old flicks more entertaining to watch, but it's true that he is just a great director and that his LOTRs movies were fantastic. PJ just knows what he's doing. and i think he deserves the credit he's earned for those movies.
I haven't seen those old flicks in ages, so can't comment on that, but I do believe the LOTR films were fantastic, and he does deserve the plaudits he received. A magnificent achievement.

he's the man. i even like king kong a whole lot. a lot of people don't. but i think it's really good.

definitely. i think that's a problem a lot of people have with it though. takes a while to get in to the whole thing. but i think it's worth it. because you need to build up the characters. you need to build up skull island. i think just jumping right in would hurt the movie. some people argue "no, everyone knows king kong, you don't need to waste all that time." but that's not true, because i remember everyone getting pissed because they show him die in the tv spot. if you didn't know king kong died, then you don't know sh-t about king kong. and it appears the extent of public knowledge about king kong was that he was a big ass gorilla.

I haven't seen those old flicks in ages, so can't comment on that, but I do believe the LOTR films were fantastic, and he does deserve the plaudits he received. A magnificent achievement.

He's made a few good films, but if you're going to check just one, get Heavenly Creatures.

I couldn't disagree more. It's very difficult material to adapt, and, seriously, when was the last time anyone made a decent fantasy film, that took the material seriously, and wasn't a po-faced swords-and-sandals flick? What PJ did (and he worked on it for YEARS, and managed to convince the execs to make three movies, not two - it was his and Fran's screenplay as well), I doubt very few directors would be able to do, to have the vision, stamina or expertise to make such a compelling trilogy that worked on so many levels.

Exactly. I'm huge a LOTR fan, it toppled Star Wars as my favorite trilogy - which is a statement that will could get my fingernails ripped out with a pair pliers in comic land. But I stick to my opinion, I've enjoy LOTR since I first read the books. And I'm not into fantasy at all, I don't throw dice, wear costumes, listen to Rush and find most RPG video games incredibly boring - except for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, that's a little ironic.

BACK TO BATMAN!

well this doesn't need to go back to batman. i made this thread so that i could talk about villains, but still in the spoiler section. but then no one ever talks, so i don't mind this being a discussion thread. in fact, i like it being a discussion thread. =D

well this doesn't need to go back to batman. i made this thread so that i could talk about villains, but still in the spoiler section. but then no one ever talks, so i don't mind this being a discussion thread. in fact, i like it being a discussion thread. =D

I was referring to myself, that I was finished with talking LOTR and moving on to the rest of the forum.

Then got bored and came back here.

heh. that's cool. nothin goin on here right now though =\ but if you got even further bored and brought up a topic, i would probably partake in a discussion of said topic. whether it be batman related, or non-batman related

i just downloaded the dethalbum. it's off the chain like some metal to your brain! lml >.< lml

Fair enough. I don't hate what he did with the movies, but IMO he did absolutely nothing exceptional and even degraded the source material a bit, with small stuff here and there. IMO, PJ is a guy with medium talent who got lucky. And my theory was proven to me when he made King Kong, the 8th Garbage of the World.

Exactly. I'm huge a LOTR fan, it toppled Star Wars as my favorite trilogy - which is a statement that will could get my fingernails ripped out with a pair pliers in comic land. But I stick to my opinion, I've enjoy LOTR since I first read the books. And I'm not into fantasy at all, I don't throw dice, wear costumes, listen to Rush and find most RPG video games incredibly boring - except for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, that's a little ironic.

Eh, to be frank, I was never a fan of fantasy films set in fantasy worlds. This is why I love SW. It's fantasy set in space (IT IS NOT SCI-FI).
And Lucas practically created something out of thin air, which is why when I talk about SW I can only accept comparing it to Tolkien's books, not the PJ movies.

Eh, to be frank, I was never a fan of fantasy films set in fantasy worlds. This is why I love SW. It's fantasy set in space (IT IS NOT SCI-FI).
And Lucas practically created something out of thin air, which is why when I talk about SW I can only accept comparing it to Tolkien's books, not the PJ movies.

WHAT? You're kidding right? It's common knowledge that Lucas took from The Hidden Fortress and The Searchers as well as a few other stories when he created Star Wars - hardly thin air.

The Star Wars universe was completely one dimensional until the expanded universe started developing with the Zahn novels, Dark Horse's Dark Empire & LucasArts' X-Wing.

Now imagine that entire Star Wars universe, with all the books, comics and games that mostly came from people not named George Lucas, plus whatever Lucas did actually did create was all done by one person, but with more thought - Then you'd have Tolkien. For example Tolkien created civilizations with their own history down to creation, with their own unique dialects that included alphabets and guides to speaking them.

Meanwhile, Lucas has some fat bug with wings speak jarbled spanish with an insultingly cliche Jewish accent.

WHAT? You're kidding right? It's common knowledge that Lucas took from The Hidden Fortress and The Searchers as well as a few other stories when he created Star Wars - hardly thin air.

Just like talking borrowing from various mythologies. Nothing wrong with that. Hardly as easy as the work PJ had to do.

The Star Wars universe was completely one dimensional until the expanded universe started developing with the Zahn novels, Dark Horse's Dark Empire & LucasArts' X-Wing.

Disagreed.

Now imagine all that Star Wars crap, all the books, comics and games that mostly came from people not named George Lucas, plus whatever Lucas did actually did create was all done by one person, but with more thought - Then you'd have Tolkien. For example Tolkien created new languages down to the alphabets in his world. Meanwhile, Lucas has some fat bug with wings speak jarbled spanish with an insultingly cliche Jewish accent.

I never mentioned the EU. I mentioned the movies and these are the ones I compare to the Tolkien books. If you think Tolkien created all his worlds out of nothing, without references (just like Lucas had), then I guess I don't have anything more to say. The cheap shot at Watto was so unnecessary.

tolkien, i think, was probably brutally insane. but maybe that's what it takes.

i just got done watching After Hours. i had wanted to see it for a long long time. i missed the first 4 minutes, but i don't think that's much. anyone ever seen that flick? it was so awesome.

Wizard said it best...."Right. THAT'S what we need. Heath Ledger goes to all that trouble to make the Joker dark as hell and Harley Quinn shows up, holds a microphone to her but and sings something"....and it goes on.

why this was bumped, i have no clue

and the dual captain clown thing is just ridiculous

cool. itll be a good way for other cap'n, dark one and ??? to rack up some posts. it's a cooler version of the batusi loungue...OOOOHHH BURN! but i jest...

ya we dont' really know each other just have similar names and came out at the same time odd huh?

and look 10 more posts, well this one is 9 and I get to have a new avvy woo hoo I am sick of frank n furter

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"