• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Diamond List for July 27th, 2011

dc comics
american vampire #17 (mr) $2.99
detective comics #880 $2.99
fables #107 (mr) $2.99
xombi #5 $2.99

marvel comics
captain america and bucky #620 $2.99
criminal last of innocent #2 (of 4) (mr) $3.50
deadpoolmax #10 (of 12) (mr) $3.99
mighty thor #4 $3.99

Last edited:
As for your reluctance to pick up Amazing Spider-Man... I can understand that. I dropped the book after OMD myself but came back on with Slott's Big Time jumping on point. The stories were good save for a boring and uninteresting Fantastic Four arc. The plot is fun but if you're like me and still hate seeing Peter out there dating around and he and MJ not being married, this will still grate on your nerves.

Plus, in my own opinion, I think Slott writes Spider-Man much to immaturely... but that's just me.

So it's up to how you feel since so much tiem has passed since OMD. If you can overlook the changes there then you'll likely enjoy Amazing Spider-Man... but if you're at all still bitter like I am the decent storytelling will likely be overshadowed by Peter's personal life. I dropped the book for that reason a few issues ago and I don't really miss it.

Yeah that's my thing really, Im still resentful over the MJ thing. Now that I think about it I actually picked up the first issue of Big Time but I remember another characters narration saying that Peter needs to "stop living in the past" stamped write on a panel with him and MJ and it just rubbed me the wrong way and felt like a slap in the face as if Slott was insulting fans of that era. That and I've read on other message boards about Slott implying that MJ fell in love with Peter because she knew he was Spider-Man and thusly didn't really love him and that doesn't sit well with me either.

I think I may pick up this issue for a look see but if I'm not overly impressed I won't stick with it.

FLASHPOINT HAL JORDAN #2 -- Good stuff so far!
GREEN ARROW #14 -- Looks like a really good issue...
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #62 -- Just finished War of the GL so I'm not caught up on this title.

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #620 -- This book looks so promising, I'm stoked for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"