The Ending Won't Make Sense. No Matter How Hard They Try!

Mikelus would be an interesting thing if they did. I said it befoore I remember hearing rumor/theory for last season. That the black suit was to have been made by jorel and when clark wore the s no one would know he is clark kent, that would have been a neat way they could have done the blur.

Let's face it though, saying I must be 8 years old, isn't exactly going to win your argument any points on my part, unless you apologize for that statement.

So let me get this straight. You're so full of yourself and self absorbed that you simply cannot see others points of views, and then you get all pissy when someone calls you 8 - dispite the fact that earlier in this very thread you were infering that anyone who needs an explanation for all this (other than "suspend your belief") is at or lower of an IQ than that of an 7 year old with downs syndrome?

The **** is wrong with you?

Also - this has been covered time and time again in the comics in multiple ways. It's cannon that SUpe's changes the molecular structure of his face to give him a more prounced chin when not in Clark Kent mode. It's also cannon that he wears incredibly baggy clothes and slouches like a neanderthal when in Clark Kent mode. On top of that, who's gonna think that a GOD like Superman would need a secret identity? Any of these would work in the Smallville mythos.

And, what makes it better, is that people obviously DO reckognize the two as one as seen in the entire last episode where everyone was all "HEY ITS CLARK KENT!"

I am hardly full of myself. If I was, I assure you, I would not be willing to apologize to you and others for my various crimes.

I am also aware that people have differing opinions.
I am also again, sorry for the problems I have caused.

I was not really in the best of moods when I started my argument. I was coming off of the Connor Kent reveal that was making me all sorts of irritated.

Also, I need to point out that I have a mental disorder, which grants me the rather annoying ability to fully focus on something, and if something challenges my belief in that particular thing, I get a little cranky.

Again, I apologize.

I think it's best we all understand that what happens will happen. Regardless of what we want.

Yes, in the comics, Clark has all sorts of ways to deal with it. If they mentioned some of them on Smallville, I would be okay with it.

Since they are going Silver Age almost fully, I'm hoping they explain it away like the Bronze Age did and mention Super-Hypnotism.

It's less silly than fancy molecular disruption, or vibrating so fast that people can't see his face. :)

Last edited:
why don't you watch it?

Clark jumps off the balcony in a 'suicidal' manner, lois goes over with him... Superman catches her on the way down, but he's still wearing his glasses. They go on another romantic flight.

when they land, Lois says she remembers everything.

this scene dispells the idea of the super mind whip kiss. Her reaction to the kiss is not one of losing memory, but of being kissed by a larger than life super being.

But after Superman becomes Clark again, Lois's first response is, "What am I doing out here freezing my butt off? Oh! You wanted some fresh air!"

and if you watch the whole of SIV with a keen eye, you will see that Lois is always encouraging Superman by going to Clark. At the beginning of the movie, when Superman is accused of not caring about the world, she goes directly to Clark and says "I"M SURE Superman will do the right thing"... and later in the movie, she returns the cape to dying Clark. Simply put, as in Smallville, the Lois of the Superman movies respects the decision to keep Superman and Clark seperate.

it's never definitively stated in the movie, but it's clear if you look for it in the portrayals.

The fact she doesn't remember is clearer than that. "If you do see him, or hear from him, he might need this," she said, handing the suit to Clark. In fact, during that whole conversation, Superman is referenced in the third person ("he," "his," etc.), not in the second person ("you").

The whole debate illustrates the point that the whole Clark Kent thing is meant to be amusing. It's irony. Lois can't see the perfect man right under her nose because she won't look at Clark twice. She doesn't give him the time of day. That's why it worked originally in the Siegel and Schuster comics.

Once you have Clark becoming the 'real' person and romance with Lois, it gets confused. Richard Donner had it right; Lois should never be intrested in Clark, only Superman.

I think they could have something in the suit that keeps people from seeing him as Kent. Have Zatanna enchant it. John Jones with some Martian tech,something Kryptonian from Jorel etc.

There are plenty of things that fit within the DC verse rules.

Has anyone noticed the pattern?

Fans get teased that he'll wear them.

He wears them in one episode.

The next episode, they're gone.

geesh the glasses thing is his cover for at the planet/work. last night episode didnt have him at the planet/working. And he was just with his friends who are all in the know. So there was no need for him to wear glasses in the episode really. I am sure within the next few episodes there will be a scene or two at dp/work with tom wearing the glasses.

geesh the glasses thing is his cover for at the planet/work. last night episode didnt have him at the planet/working. And he was just with his friends who are all in the know. So there was no need for him to wear glasses in the episode really. I am sure within the next few episodes there will be a scene or two at dp/work with tom wearing the glasses.

Wouldn't it be better for him to start getting used to wearing the glasses whenever he isn't the Blur? Anything could happen in which someone who doesn't know who he really is could see him. Someone could come over to the farm for whatever reason and see his face. But, that's within the context of the show.

I'm just noting that outside of the show, TPTB sure like to tease fans.

ya i see your point. But i am not really fretting over this right now.

But, my point is probably moot since a lot of things happen on this show out on convenience. We aren't going to see Superman (if we do) and then see someone say, "Hey, that's Clark Kent!" or in this case, "Hey, that's the drunk guy with powers I saw the other day with his friends!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"